KYLE'S true voice clip now up on Faceplace.. I mean Facebook

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

KYLE'S true voice clip now up on Faceplace.. I mean Facebook

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hopefully you find this more appealing and suitable to the character. I thought the overly long break between the words threw it off, but I didn't know what actual dialogue was taking place at the time. XSEED clarified that it fits with the animation of a well known scene, so I'll leave it to you to figure out. Of course reading the comment on Facebook gives it away. It sounds like a perfect fit for me.

This is only a picture with the voice clip, not showing any animation for spoilers.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video ... 621&ref=mf

StrawberryFlower
Lyton Singer

Re: KYLE'S true voice clip now up on Faceplace.. I mean Facebook

Post by StrawberryFlower »

At first I couldn't play it because of stupid flash player, so I quickly updated it so I could listen to it.

I don't think it's bad at all. :)
^Check out our stuff and join our site! :3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Take into account that you're not able to view the scene it's taken from, so once you see it you'll understand the pause.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Sounds the same to me. I don't like how xseed hired actors to sound like old actors. It always comes off bad whenever a company tries to do that.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Now you're just being an ass. For all you know, it could be the same voice actor.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like it. It's not too keyed up, but it fits him. The confident bandit-type.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Now you're just being an ass. For all you know, it could be the same voice actor.
(sarcasm)
Yes, thats right. If someone doesn't agree with you then they must be wrong. You must obliterate anyone and anything that disagrees with your opinion. Did you learn that in school?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Sounds the same to me. I don't like how xseed hired actors to sound like old actors.
This is a ridiculous statement. Maybe the voice fit the character, regardless of it sounding like the original or not. You just can't get over the fact that you're not hearing the same voice actors, so everything is either a rip-off of the old or just bad in your opinion.

You can have your own opinion, but to complain for the sake of complaining is getting old. Don't play the damn game if it's such a travesty to your eyes and ears. The rest of us will enjoy it for what it is, LUNAR.

I just wish you could get over this negativity you have, because there is a lot more of the original essence than you realize.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I've already preordered the limited edition bundle in full. I don't like the voice acting because it takes more away from the game then it adds. Sure, for people who have never heard of Lunar they just might view it as bad voice acting and overlook it or play it and hate it and return it. But for the people who have heard of Lunar and have played the games, I think it's fair to expect more.

Most of you think I'm nostalgic, but I'm not. I know quality when I see it. This is not quality. Let me list a few games I have played with good English voice actors:

Mass Effect 1 & 2
The Witcher
Half-Life 1 & 2
Chronicles of Riddick (Both of them)
Metal Gears (all of them)
Starcraft
Diablo 1 & 2

This is all I can think of. Now, whats wrong with criticism? Without criticism we might have had Ubisoft localize this version of Lunar too.

Also this is a forum. If I can't contribute my opinion then there is no point in me coming back. That type of thinking just hurts the community because it might shun people who feel the same way I do. Meaning, they probably wont join up.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You are basing this off of a short demo, and voice samples. If you think this is bad voice acting then that is your right, but I have to disagree with you. On presentation alone (from what I've heard) this sounds more professional than a lot of game voice work. You just think WD's voice work was gold standard, and it certainly wasn't. It was good bordering on bad at times, but everyone likes different things.

You can't judge the whole game based on such tiny fragments of samples, sped up demos, or a small piece of the whole pie. I just don't want you ruining the game for yourself with your unattainable expectations.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I really like Kyle's new VA, it suits his character. As for the drunken Kyle I don't think I can judge him w/o seeing Kyle in animation. I personally am very pleased with what I have seen of XSEEDs work. No everything isn't just the way I would like it ::::cough Luna's VA cough:::: but overall it seems to be going well.

BTW SP you have given away your identity.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You are basing this off of a short demo, and voice samples. If you think this is bad voice acting then that is your right, but I have to disagree with you. On presentation alone (from what I've heard) this sounds more professional than a lot of game voice work. You just think WD's voice work was gold standard, and it certainly wasn't. It was good bordering on bad at times, but everyone likes different things.
To be fair if a negative opinion is weak due to the limited examples we have then a positive opinion is also week by those same standards.

That being said I have positive (but admittedly weak) outlook on the voice acting right now.
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Monde Luna wrote:I really like Kyle's new VA, it suits his character. As for the drunken Kyle I don't think I can judge him w/o seeing Kyle in animation. I personally am very pleased with what I have seen of XSEEDs work. No everything isn't just the way I would like it ::::cough Luna's VA cough:::: but overall it seems to be going well.

BTW SP you have given away your identity.
If you mean by showing my face, then you have a face to go with a name. I'm still Silver Phoenix, because it's part of who I am.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

No problems with it....sounds fine to me.

And how do we know XSEED hired actors to sound like the old ones? I don't recall them stating that. How would that explain Nall? He sounds like a boy now. Personally, I think a characters voice should reflect that characters personality. The personalities aren't changed, so they voices should sound somewhat similar. I don't think any voice sounds like it's trying to emulate the old voice actors.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Silver Phoenix wrote: If you mean by showing my face, then you have a face to go with a name. I'm still Silver Phoenix, because it's part of who I am.
Yes yes this is what I mean.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Monde Luna wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote: If you mean by showing my face, then you have a face to go with a name. I'm still Silver Phoenix, because it's part of who I am.
Don't believe him. He's really Mystere.

Really, SP, that goofy mask isn't doing anything to hide your identity. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

StrawberryFlower
Lyton Singer

Post by StrawberryFlower »

Monde Luna wrote: BTW SP you have given away your identity.
Oh noes! I did too!

But which one could I be on Facebook? XD

I think the voices are fine. When my boyfriend first started playing Lunar (he needs to finish it!), he expected something similar to SSH' Nalls' voice to come out instead of his girly one on the PSX. It caught me off guard at first, but it's all good! :D
^Check out our stuff and join our site! :3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

StrawberryFlower wrote:
Monde Luna wrote: BTW SP you have given away your identity.
Oh noes! I did too!

But which one could I be on Facebook? XD

I think the voices are fine. When my boyfriend first started playing Lunar (he needs to finish it!), he expected something similar to SSH' Nalls' voice to come out instead of his girly one on the PSX. It caught me off guard at first, but it's all good! :D
Ha ha ha! You all shall never know who I am! Guess all you like! >:D

But yeah, Kyle still sounds fine to me. :\

All the voices but Nall, Nash, and Luna sounds fine to me still.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Kizyr wrote:
Monde Luna wrote:

:::gasps::: what a great disguise I had no idea!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Kizyr wrote:
Monde Luna wrote:

Sample my GOODS! Ho Ho, you're surely mistaken.