Shigema's Been Talking about the NA Release

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Shigema's Been Talking about the NA Release

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I tend to agree with GhaleonOne. Quite a short prologue which makes it seem more like a teaser. I wish they had made it longer but if we will get a new game involving  Dyne fighting the Insane Black Dragon and losing his power then I would be happy.

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

just because we saw a peek at the 4 heroes story doesnt mean we saw the end of it, theres more potential in that story i think.what we saw may not be the end of their story/game.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Shiva Indis wrote:I've been doing a little research and the president of Game Arts these days is the same as the president of Gung Ho, Kazuki Morishita. Perhaps that's the identity of the 'company president'.
GungHo is a conglomerate of several companies (including Game Arts and GungHo Works, which is a separate studio that developed HoSS). Kazuki Morishita is the president of all the companies in the GungHo family.
Shiva Indis wrote:I can't speak to the business practices of Gung Ho and its subsidiaries, but just in my own experience I'd be surprised to get a personal message of any sort from my company's president. (Admittedly it's a flawed comparison, because Shigema runs his own business while I am a flunkie. :P )
When I was doing work for a certain multinational corporation (which in itself was a division of another larger company), after our product launched, the president of the company came down and shook all our hands.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:I tend to agree with GhaleonOne. Quite a short prologue which makes it seem more like a teaser. I wish they had made it longer but if we will get a new game involving  Dyne fighting the Insane Black Dragon and losing his power then I would be happy.
I'm pretty sure that version of the events surrounding Dyne and company was dropped in everything post-TSS.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

I just want to write more about young Lemia... (laugh) Well, if it comes down to it there's always doujinshi.
:lol: :lol: :twisted:

It's good to see him address the Lunar 2 requests. I really hope it happens, I missed out on it and it looks so very good.

The only problem is, EB typically fares worse sales-wise in Japan than the first game. Here, I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue and it'd be a success, but depending on what they want/expect from Japanese fans will be what makes it or breaks it.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:I tend to agree with GhaleonOne. Quite a short prologue which makes it seem more like a teaser. I wish they had made it longer but if we will get a new game involving  Dyne fighting the Insane Black Dragon and losing his power then I would be happy.
I'm pretty sure that version of the events surrounding Dyne and company was dropped in everything post-TSS.
I think its mentioned in the PS1 version, it sounds familar to me.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Yeah, same here. I vaguely remember mention of the insane black dragon in SSSC.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Oh, I'm probably wrong, then. ^.^;
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Unfortunately.

Seriously, I would really like to know what his reasons were for CHANGING that... it was so epic.

Meh. Someone should ask him and make him see the error of his ways.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

fates wrote:The only problem is, EB typically fares worse sales-wise in Japan than the first game. Here, I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue and it'd be a success, but depending on what they want/expect from Japanese fans will be what makes it or breaks it.
Isn't this true in the US as well?

SSSC is much friendlier to a wider audience than EB, plus its releases have generally come at better times.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The US releases aren't really enough to generalize by, though -- only two data points. EB came out right at the end of the SCD's lifespan (this is basically why I didn't know about it; the person who gave his SCD and games including TSS to my housemate did so before EB came out), and EBC was, of course, delayed, coming out a full 8 months after the demo.

SilentApprovalRobot
Reza Thief

Post by SilentApprovalRobot »

ShindoW wrote:...or a story about those 2 female dragonmasters sounds awesome... female dragon master!!! <3

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

You like to quote me... lol =p

Twin female dragonmasters are mentioned in Vane's books. =D

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

The twin Dragonmasters always interested me as well. How can such a title be split between two people? Did they have to share the armor? D:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

That could be a cool game mechanic, actually... a group of characters that share certain items? Different abilities that open up for each character depending on the combination of items she has equipped?

(I think this belongs on my list of reasons why Lunar DS would have been awesome if I'd been in charge of it.)
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I always thought that one might have been more about melee combat and one about spellcasting. I've wondered if Althena's Sword takes different forms depending on the abilities of the person wielding it.

Still, I think I'd rather see the beastwoman dragonmaster mentioned in the novels. I don't really like the implication that it takes two women to do one "man's" job.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Alunissage wrote:I don't really like the implication that it takes two women to do one "man's" job.
Fact is fact.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Shiva Indis wrote:That could be a cool game mechanic, actually... a group of characters that share certain items? Different abilities that open up for each character depending on the combination of items she has equipped?
That would be great....like an updated version of EB's crest system. I loved messing around with them to see what I could come up with.