Lunar:Silver Star Harmony PSN download available NOW!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar:Silver Star Harmony PSN download available NOW!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

For all of those who have been waiting patiently, PSN has finally been updated for this Thursday's batch of releases. Get your Lunar on!

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar:Silver Star Harmony PSN download available NOW!

Post by localflick »

Thanks for the heads up

It's 827MB if anyone's curious.

I just bought the limited edition, but I'm actually buying the psn version too so my brother can play it (we share a psn account) and I ended up with a psp go which was what I played the demo on so that's where I want to continue from.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was just going to add the file size, but you mentioned it so now I don't need to.

Lunataks
Saith Pirate

Post by Lunataks »

Already bought the Limited Edition physical copy. Will additionally purchase this PSN digital version for faster load times and to further support GameArts and XSeed and hope for some more Lunar games in the future.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I may have to double-dip on this too. I'm a semi-fan of digital distribution, but I just wish that publishers would include the digital version for free if you purchase the physical copy....kind of like how some DVD's and Blu-ray's include the disc and download together.

I just want to support this game as much as I can.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I may have to double-dip on this too. I'm a semi-fan of digital distribution, but I just wish that publishers would include the digital version for free if you purchase the physical copy....kind of like how some DVD's and Blu-ray's include the disc and download together.

I just want to support this game as much as I can.
I would love that since for me my psp is to games what my ipod is to music. I like having the physical version at home on my shelf, but when I leave I like having my collection in my pocket.

The problem is that the drm would probably be crazy for something like that to work. The best we could hope for is like Patapon 2 where you buy a case with a manual that comes with a download voucher (no umd). So you get something for your shelf and a tangible manual, but the game is download only.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, I hope we never get the point where all we have is downloads. I like physical copies for the case, manual and the disc/cartridge, However, a memory stick has a lot more portability than several UMD's.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Well, I hope we never get the point where all we have is downloads. I like physical copies for the case, manual and the disc/cartridge, However, a memory stick has a lot more portability than several UMD's.
Yeah, I'm fearful of us ending up with all downloads also. I confess that I wouldn't mind owning a GO and going digital, but I also want that hard copy. A download code which be the best but the concern would probably be that you just give the download code away.... not that music doesn't face the same issues though.
† Final Night †

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Im very glad to see so many people share my viewpoint on owning physical copies over download, but enjoying the portability. Depending on the price, I might consider downloading it, but it's unlikely since I've been playing it at home on my HD anyway as I dont go out much. I expect to finish alot of my games now that my PSP connects to a TV. I play portable sometimes, but the only advantage I've seen to it is that games have saves more often and are easier, which is great for me when I want to enjoy a good story without the challenge. But then, I love picking up something akin to Digital Devil Saga where a challenge is provided when Im at home, too. :D

Edit: Sorta off topic.. is the Heavy Rain DLC working yet? I assumed so, but am waiting for my local GS manager to get back at me with a code his wife held for me from the GS she runs. Just wanna make sure I can pick that up too next time Im near a good high speed connection. ;)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I saw a thread on Neogaf with people talking about it, so I assume it's up and running. I got my code from Amazon yesterday, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Final Night wrote:
whitedragon_nall wrote:Well, I hope we never get the point where all we have is downloads. I like physical copies for the case, manual and the disc/cartridge, However, a memory stick has a lot more portability than several UMD's.
Yeah, I'm fearful of us ending up with all downloads also. I confess that I wouldn't mind owning a GO and going digital, but I also want that hard copy. A download code which be the best but the concern would probably be that you just give the download code away.... not that music doesn't face the same issues though.
Owning a go is kind of a double edged sword. On the plus side, it's size and the fact that you always have your collection with you is really great. On the downside you need a separate tv-out cable which is $30 I just won't spend which is why I still have my psp 2000. And the finite amount of memory can be an issue. Out of the box it only has 14GB despite the fact that it's sold as a 16GB device... I don't understand how formatting + firmware can = 2GB lost, but that's the way it is. And when games come out they take up about 1GB each depending on the title, some psx games are much lighter, but when a game I really like comes out at the psn store I have a situation like Elaine on Seinfeld where I have to decide if the game is go-worthy because I can only hold so many games and eventually it'll be full and I'll have to replace games I like or buy $40 expansion cards neither of which seems like something I want to do.

That's another reason why I like buying both. If I want to free up space I can move a game's save to the psp 2000 and use the umd.