Has the Japanese version released any updates/fixes on PSN?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Lunataks
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Has the Japanese version released any updates/fixes on PSN?

Post by Lunataks »

topic. I am curious if we have anything coming our way for the English version.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Has the Japanese version released any updates/fixes on PSN?

Post by localflick »

I didn't know they released patches for psp games. I've seen dlc, but not bugfixes or anything like that.

Does Lunar have a lot of bugs?

Lunataks
Saith Pirate

Post by Lunataks »

I'm new to the PSP, so I thought it could do patches like the PS3. I see an option for update (or maybe it's upgrade) when I highlight over a game on the PSP.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

As far as I'm aware, no. Have there been any bugs or something? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Sometimes when you ko normal monsters I've noticed the sound for the ko doesn't always play fully. But it's really not that big of a deal. And it could be my psp/tv or something else too.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh actually... that reminds me that my game did fail to continue once after defeating some random monsters (i.e., all enemies defeated, but the victory screen / EXP gain screen didn't come up). Somewhere in Talon Mine, I think. Only happened once. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunataks
Saith Pirate

Post by Lunataks »

TerraBemani wrote:Sometimes when you ko normal monsters I've noticed the sound for the ko doesn't always play fully. But it's really not that big of a deal. And it could be my psp/tv or something else too.
Yep, I get that too.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The only bug I've definitely encountered in the import was that sometimes the Tactics wouldn't work properly. I had a tactic which was 3 people attacking and 2 people with manual command (so I could decide whether to use their magic) and sometimes selecting that tactic, which should have led to the manual selection of Nash's battle action, would just kick me back out to the previous screen, as if I had cancelled. I think it only happened in Damon's Spire.

I may have encountered a bug with regards to equipping items to change someone's Arts move, but I haven't fully checked that out yet. Might just be doing something wrong.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I noticed a glitch with trying to cast magic, and the character ends up attacking instead. I noticed this when I went to use Alex' Sword Dance and he ended up attacking regularly. I've also experienced the full sound effects of enemies dying not always playing.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm. He was definitely physically attacking the same monster he was supposed to be sword dancing at and he had enough MP to cast it? That's strange.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Little Big Planet had an update a few weeks ago. As far as I can it didn't have any content, so maybe it was a bugfix patch.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alunissage wrote:Hm. He was definitely physically attacking the same monster he was supposed to be sword dancing at and he had enough MP to cast it? That's strange.
Exactly. I had full MP too! This happened in the Ghoto Woods, and I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again. Not a glitch, but the enemies sure love to dodge in this game. Didn't the excessive dodging start in Dragon Song?

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Yeah, they do dodge pretty often. I've noticed my party does too, but probably because they're all equipped with Chiro Tails

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I haven't noticed any bug fixes. I think the "Update" or "Upgrade" option that you're seeing on the PSP is to upgrade the PSP's firmware, not the game.
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

No, there isn't anything gamebreaking so I don't think we'll be seeing any patches unless something drastic shows up. If the Japanese game didn't get patched I doubt the US one will.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

On March 3rd Sony released another update for Little Big Planet, but from the description it doesn't do much:

"Download the free content update and gain access to costumes, level kits and other goodies available at the Playstation Network store. Costumes and level kits sold separately."

So I guess it doesn't have any bugfixes. If you highlight the downloaded version and press triangle the update option appears below Internet Search. How would that work with a umd though? It can't write to the disc to patch it.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Well what I said earlier isn't just the ko sound too I noticed. Sometimes when I would have Nash or Jessica use the ice staff as a item attack the sound wouldn't always play too. So it seems some battle sounds don't always play. Minor stuff I know. I just tend to notice these things in games. I haven't noticed anything major at all though.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

*SPOILER ALERT BIG TIME*

Sorry to bump this again but I -may- have found a very weird bug.

Kyle disappeared earlier in this battle but reappeared. Alex is "gone" till after using dragon wrath and the battle is over. The only time Alex would reappear is when he got attacked. The same for Kyle. I think I have noticed this happening before in battles as well. But it's rare that it happens. Is this by chance a effect of a attack on them? Or is this a bug?

Note this is on zoom2 (Max I can zoom in and still have proper 16:9) on my 42" Vizio 1080p HDTV with official psp component cables. And the psp plugged into a socket so I don't have to worry about battery life.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

After I fight the Pikuni near the Holy Mace in Althena's City, the game up and freezes on me.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Everyone please contact XSEED about your issues as more and more seem to be popping up. I started a discussion thread on their Facebook Lunar:SSH page where you can comment, or email them directly at http://www.xseedgames.com.

I think these are issues carried over from the Japanese release, because Kizyr also had the game freeze or reset on him while playing the import.