Animals: 1 Humans: 0

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Animals: 1 Humans: 0

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/08/mouse. ... index.html

FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No one was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Next time, maybe she'll gently release it into nature rather than trying to burn the poor creature to death.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Man, that's horrible. It reminds me about the video I heard about going around the internet where they cook and skin cats alive over in asia. x(

I can't even kill spiders and I'm absolutely scared of them, I can't imagine burning a cute little rodent. Sure, he's probably infested with germs and whatnot, but still.... that is horrible.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Animals: 1 Humans: 0

Post by Zophar »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/08/mouse.fire.ap/index.html

FORT SUMNER, New Mexico (AP) -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No one was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Next time, maybe she'll gently release it into nature rather than trying to burn the poor creature to death.

Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with that person? You don't burn a mouse alive when you are trying to get rid of it. Just put it back in the wild where it belongs. Treating live animals like dead leaves, what is this world coming to?

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Yeah, that's just awful. That person got what was coming to them. I'm sure the poor little mouse must've died though ;_;
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Pests are pests. If vermin infests your home you have the right to dispose of it.

The only mistake he made was with the method he chose to kill it. Burning is slow. Crushing is quick.

That being said, if at all possible, I try to dispose of spiders by shooing them outside; failing that, by getting them to crawl on a piece of paper then tossing that outside. Cockroaches, centipedes, and crickets are fair game, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

Yea, I totally like spiders because they eat all the really bothersome bugs :D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, I'm gentle. Christmas morning (Or Christmas eve's morning, one or the other) there was a mouse and the cats had just caught it (with my help of course). Now, I didn't want it to die, so I had my mom get a cup while I kicked the cats out and took the mouse about 4 miles away (I drove) and set it free. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."