Official I Love Lucia Thread

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Your evil G1.

Now then, I would much rather stick to Althenaism than Luciaism. That's like worshipping Scar as king when Simba is the rightful ruler.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't think he inflicted that on you on purpose; I think it was supposed to be this:
http://www.lunar-net.com/ebc/screens/7/EBC5106.jpg

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh looky, G1's famous :D I wonder if any other Lnetters is on that list....

And you're mostly forgiven G1 ;)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...Phyco, we've been through this a bunch of times. I'M on that list. And a couple other people who aren't around much now...ShadowAce and Khardis (NallWDrgn's brother IIRC).

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

WHOOPS! I so didn't mean to do that, but that is funny. Heh. I moved all the images over because I'm about to update the frontpage with the new screens. That directory I was working in was temporary and I didn't think about it when I posted the link that I'd be moving it.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to give anyone nightmares. :P
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Althena who's the Goddess of Love and Beauty. Lucia's more the Demi-goddess of Distrust and Anorexia.

::snicker::

Somebody's upset.

No really, that made me laugh aloud. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:...Phyco, we've been through this a bunch of times. I'M on that list. And a couple other people who aren't around much now...ShadowAce and Khardis (NallWDrgn's brother IIRC).

I know it has been said before, but seriously, my memory is fairly bad. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if I forgot this info again by tomorrow morning.

GhaleonOne wrote:Sorry about that. Didn't mean to give anyone nightmares.

Suuuuuuuuure. Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh. Hmmm hmm. I sure you didn't. [/sarcastic]

And for the record, Alunissages statement of "distrust and anorexia" did give me a nice chuckle. Keep them burns coming folks, they won't write themselves :D.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

phyco126 wrote:Your evil G1.

Now then, I would much rather stick to Althenaism than Luciaism. That's like worshipping Scar as king when Simba is the rightful ruler.

SCREW SIMBA!

Scar is the -Dragon Diamond-!

I always hope that the next time I watch that movie, that Simba falls and dies with Mufasa.

Whinny lil' cry-baby!
ImageImageImage

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Althena WAS the Goddess of Love and Beauty

Lucia claimed her goddess powers. When she absorbed the power of Althena, she became the Goddess of Love and Beauty...and song.

Yes, it's slightly inconsistant that Lucia didn't start singing and hit Zophar with large piles of rock, but that's beside the point.

The point is, everything that made Althena a Goddess was absorbed into Lucia at that moment.

Besides, Luciaism believes that Althenaism used to be right. But Althena has been proven dead beyond a reasonable doubt, so Lucia took all Althena's powers and made them part of herself, so Luciaism is now right.

(And it assumes I'm right and she kept the Goddess Powers when she left for the Blue Star. We Luciaists take this as an act of Faith that that's what she did, cause we can't prove it. I speak ex-Cathedra on this matter, dang it!)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Heh, feels like Suikoden in here. Luciaists, Althenaists. It's like two religious factions warring over the power of the boards. Good times.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

ROFL, take matters on faith. That's the proper attitude! ;)

I'll stick with my own article of faith that Althena changed her mind after leaving the recording and is dormant somewhere else, having left all the stuff she did to force Lucia to grow up so she wouldn't be helpless when hordes of humans were ready to descend upon the Blue Star once more. She woke up long enough to see who Lucia would end up with and scribbled Hiro's name on that letter, even though Lucia was still too stupid to take the hint and went back alone anyway.

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Angelalex242 wrote:Althena WAS the Goddess of Love and Beauty

Lucia claimed her goddess powers. When she absorbed the power of Althena, she became the Goddess of Love and Beauty...and song.

Yes, it's slightly inconsistant that Lucia didn't start singing and hit Zophar with large piles of rock, but that's beside the point.

The point is, everything that made Althena a Goddess was absorbed into Lucia at that moment.

Besides, Luciaism believes that Althenaism used to be right. But Althena has been proven dead beyond a reasonable doubt, so Lucia took all Althena's powers and made them part of herself, so Luciaism is now right.

(And it assumes I'm right and she kept the Goddess Powers when she left for the Blue Star. We Luciaists take this as an act of Faith that that's what she did, cause we can't prove it. I speak ex-Cathedra on this matter, dang it!)

I would be suprised if There's going to be a 'Fake Lucia' in Lunar 3, since there's a 'Fake Althena' Already. x_x Doubt that Game Arts is going to do that, though.
Lucia siggy~

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sure, Lucia claimed Althena's power for her own, but it's blasphemy to say that she also claimed the title of being the Goddess of love, beauty, and song. And that's punishable by death to say such things. So.... *chases AngelAlex around with a knife*

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

*whips out Lucia's Sword...not Althena's Sword anymore, Lucia's Sword...and Duels Phyco for his goddess fair!*

I fight for the living goddess who gives me my strength! En guarde, you!
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, this should be intresting. A Dragonmaster VS. A Blue Dragon Ninja. Either way, as a Dragonmaster it is my duty to protect all that is Althena! So uh, mind handing me Alth-err, "Lucia's" Sword? I need that.

And Simba FO-EVA! And Kiara! Kovu's alright I suppose. Pfft.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Angelalex242 wrote:Althena WAS the Goddess of Love and Beauty

Um....claiming power...and claiming title are two different things. Althena's powers were divine, no doubt, and the fact that Lucia claims them shows he has divine ability...but that does not make her the Goddess of Love, Beauty, Song, Creation and whatever other tag Althena had tacked on to her name.

Althena could claim all those titles because she did all those things. In all honesty, game timeline wise, Lucia never does a damn thing except screw up :P Maybe she was put in the hybernation crystal because she was the family screw up and had to be kept out of the way so she didn't make things worse. I mean, everything she does after waking up is just one mess up after another. Even when she receives Althena's final orders, she still messes it up and nearly gets everything wiped out.

And I also agree with Alun's Althena's someplace else theory. I've said/presented a similar theory in my own fics in the past.

But people have to earn titles. Simply claiming a title with nothing to back it up is shallow in both meaning and ability. The only thing Lucia has that is her own is Lucia's Pendant...and we all got one with our copies of EBC :lol:
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I mean, everything she does after waking up is just one mess up after another. Even when she receives Althena's final orders, she still messes it up and nearly gets everything wiped out.

Ah, but that's not true. All worked out as it should have in the end.

You have three scenario's after Lucia learns of Althena's death at the top of the Goddess Tower.

1) Zophar is revived. Lucia takes Althena's powers and wipes Zophy out, taking the entire world with her, along with Hiro and the gang. Everyone and everything is dead. Keep in mind... this is what the "Goddess of love", Althena did.

2) Things work out as they did. Lucia takes Althena's power, but hesitates. Zophar forces her to choose between destroyed him (along with everything else) or saving Hiro and the gang from certain destruction. Lucia blocks Zophar's attack on the Dragonship Destiny, saving Hiro and the gang. Even moreso, Lucia uses the last of her power that she can muster to warp the gang to Vane, giving them time to regroup, sacrificing herself. Hiro and the gang, after a confrontation by Ghaleon, become even more determined to defeat Zophar, and suceed in doing so.

3) Zophar revives. Lucia doesn't take Althena's power. We shall never know what would happen in this case. Perhaps with Lucia in the party, rather than Leo, fighting Zophar might have turned out different. Perhaps not. Perhaps Hiro and the gang's determination was much higher due him having captured Lucia. Especially Hiro. If the girl you love was being held captive by a dark god, you're gonna be more determined to defeat him.

Whether scenario 3 would have worked out or not is moot. Scenario 2 worked out for the good in the end, and had events, including events Lucia herself shaped, gone in a different direction, who knows what would have happened.

The main point: Keep in mind that by not using Althena's powers in her showdown with Zophy, she rushed to the front of the Destiny, surely saving the complete annihilation of the Dragonship Destiny and the entire party (save Leo). Had they been destroyed, it is almost certain that Zophar would have had his way with Lunar.

Though all in all, I'm not saying Lucia was more powerful than Althena by any means, but I really don't agree with the idea that Althena was still alive somewhere. The idea that she died with Alex after growing old is pretty solid as far as I'm concerned.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehe. To be fair, she did stop the crash of Neo-Vane, making it a landing instead. She didn't keep it aloft, though.

Althena didn't destroy all life, obviously, or there would be no one to populate Lunar. If Lucia did so it would only show that she lacked finesse. Also, rule one: never believe the other guy. There's no reason to take Zophar's statement that she'd wipe out everything else in confining him as true. Hiro and the gang, maybe; they were right there. But Pentagulia is in the middle of the ocean, far from human settlements. The entire Blue Star was involved in Zophar's corruption before; there's only a patch of it in Lunar. He wasn't destroyed, nor was he confined on the Blue Star, so what happened on the Blue Star seems unlikely to have been for the sole purpose of confining him on Lunar, whereas that would have been Lucia's only task.

Is it Lucia's grabbing all power that triggers Zophar's revival? I'd think that those happening together are not coincidental. She probably drained whatever was keeping him in check in the process. So I'm not convinced that (3) is possible.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

GhaleonOne wrote:Though all in all, I'm not saying Lucia was more powerful than Althena by any means, but I really don't agree with the idea that Althena was still alive somewhere. The idea that she died with Alex after growing old is pretty solid as far as I'm concerned.

But remember that old Luna was an EBC edit. In EB, Luna is still a young woman when she makes the recording, not old. Frankly, I much prefered the young Luna recording to the old Luna recording. I remember seeing old Luna and being filled with a creepy, icky feeling.

Not to mention, as far as deities in worlds of fantasy goes, I'm of the belief that born a god, always a god. The Divine soul can't just die...cuz well...it's divine.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

She's also dressed as Althena in EB's recording, not Luna. EB, of course, wasn't based on the SSSC rewrite that Luna and Alex lose all their magic at the end (he's still wearing the DM stuff in the last scene) so there's no reason to say that she actually gave up being a goddess then rather than simply playing house for fifty years or so.