E3

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Pogi
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

E3

Post by Pogi »

Anyone going to E3 this year? Dont know if any of you guys are in the gaming press. But there ways in, i guess.
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're dumb than to speak and remove all doubt."

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

I attend at the Art Institute and we're eligible to enter to get in for free, I turned my application in but I haven't checked on it and since its in two weeks I should. If I did get in I'll let you know.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My bf and I might be. He gets in as an employee of Nvidia, and we'll be in town for the concert anyway.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's not that hard get to get in really, but no, I'm not going this year. I wish I was though. This is a good year to go. Lunar, Grandia, Zelda, new systems, apparently SSX4 now (which I'm probably the only one here that cares about that one, except LuciaOne)
-G1

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Press? Pfft. ;) I'm industry.

Seriously, if anyone is going to be at the show, I will be on the exhibit floor all three days. I'll be working half the time so I might not be able to hang out at any given moment, but I'll definitely be there.

I'll also be at the More Friend of Final Fantasy concert, though it'll be harder to meet up since I'm going with a friend who might not be too keen on meeting strange people he's never heard of before.

Insydius, if you applied for the Type 5 badge, Exhibits Only, you should have gotten it already. They were mailed out a couple weeks ago. I always pick up one as a spare and I've already gotten mine (normally I use my Exhibitor badge, but in the event of a freak accident where I don't work one year I always get the Exhibits Only as well).
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

When is it this year? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

May 18-20, I think. At least, that's when the expo part is.

Nall Omega
Saith Pirate

Post by Nall Omega »

Me and my freinds are going. I can't wait to see the preview for the new Kingdom Hearts 2, its gonna be sick. :D

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

G1 was trying to get me a pass, but then he didn't... which is okay, cause my coworker got a free pass (I think it's kinda weird that GameStop employees can get in for free, but whatever) so I can't even take off... lame!

In 4 years I'll be getting paid to go there though!! Yeah Raven Software!!!! XD
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I suppose in theory it would make sense for people who are selling the games to know something about what they're selling, but in practice it seems mainly a means of lowering the overall intelligence of the event. :roll:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If someone has a large suitecase, how about letting me come with you? I can fit in the suitecase fairly well.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Oh I could TOTALLY fit in a suitcase. Better than Charles could. :P

Pick me! Pick me!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh I could TOTALLY fit in a suitcase. Better than Charles could. Razz

What are you talking about? You could fit in a plastic baggie...

That's two Julie short-jokes in one day! I'm on a roll!

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:
What are you talking about? You could fit in a plastic baggie...

That's two Julie short-jokes in one day! I'm on a roll!

And you wonder why I didn't respond to your IM a little bit ago :roll:

You jerk!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

The conference starts on the 16th if I remember right, but the exhibit floor opens on the 18th. This year I don't have to do setup so I probably won't show up until the day the floor opens. In previous years I've had to help put up the booth so I showed up a day or two before to get the machines in order.

By the way Alunissage, E3 is more than just a press event. It's a sales event. It's not uncommon for companies to allow representatives from major stores such Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. on to the exhibit hall early before the doors open so that way they can sample the games the company intends to put out (and plan their orders and shelf space accordingly). I'm a bit surprised the rank and file of Gamestop get to go, but since their company specializes in buying games I suppose that's what allows it.

And the lowering of the intelligence of the event wouldn't really happen. :P E3 is pretty low anyway. They've gotten better, but it's still a low noisy set of dark rooms with way too much testosterone.

Once I have my work schedule I'll post it for anyone who'd like to visit. I'm working on a sweet game this year, but I can't reveal it until it's formalized. ;)

Pogi
Pao Hunter

Post by Pogi »

Hey, dont mind me asking but someone get me a poster of something. Maybe Xbox poster or something valuable that could be sell...on ebay.

But really get me something!!!
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're dumb than to speak and remove all doubt."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Greedy, greedy. :roll:

Sometime I should go through our bags of stuff from the two years we went and see if there's anything interesting in them...besides the things we actually use, like the GBA carrying cases.

Pogi
Pao Hunter

Post by Pogi »

lol I'm not greedy, i'm gonna share with other people... for a price :) . Well for whoever going though, have fun and enjoy.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

E3 starts tomorrow. My computer (for thsoe of you who know about it) is still in recovery, but I'll still do my annual posts about what I see on the show floor. Any requests I'll certainly try to fulfill, so if there's anything you want to see, let me know.

And if anyone's going to be there, I'm going to be working in the Buena Vista Games booth during mornings on Wednesday and Friday and midday on Thursday. If you need more info than that you'll have to PM me. ;)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Obviously, see if UbiSoft is showing Lunar, though I have my doubts. It's possible I guess. I'm interested in what Nintendo shows for the Revolution, as I had hear some demo's and the controllers would be there. I've got a lot of expectations for the system, so hopefully they don't let us down, even though it's likely they'll show the system itself at TGS instead. I'm also interested in Grandia III and the new Zelda, though unless SquareEnix announces G3 for US release, I wouldn't expect it there.
-G1