All the Lunar for sale!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

-If- I win, I'm sure I could scan and/or make screenshots of everything. I definitely want to share it with the community as much as possible. But again, that's even if I win the auction ^^;

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I actually have a lot of screenshots from it, but I haven't gotten around to putting them up.

And just a side note, it really isn't as special as it was made out to be. I think Alunissage (the other person on the board besides me who has it) agreed that it was somewhat disappointing. It's a wonderful collectors item, but the applications on it are somewhat lackluster. It could have been quite a bit more, and I was especially disappointed in the lack of artwork. Pretty much all the wallpaper/artwork I have on the site is all that's on the CD.

Just thought I'd let anyone know that who was planning on bidding. Maybe some of you who know Japanese would get more out of it, as some of the applications would be readable, but even at that, the main thing on the CD that's of real interest is the card game, and that's definately not worth $100+.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

If I have hold of it myself, I'll translate material on it. Otherwise, I won't bother.

I'm only kidding about the banning bit, I'm not that petty.
Though, I will be real upset if someone comes by and tries that "bid at the last second" dragon diamond. KF

EDIT: I shouldn't buy something that's $200 right now. Forget it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

$203?!

Post by localflick »

I think it'd be really cool to own a copy of All The Lunar, I just don't have that much disposable income. Especially considering I probably wouldn't be able to do much with it without knowing Japanese. Did anyone here win it?

While you're on e-bay though, I've found this is a perfect time to buy copies of Dragon Song cheaply if you still don't have it and want it. It seems very overpriced in the few places I have seen it. The EB by my house finally stocked it at $40, which is way too much. Ubisoft has it for $30 which is reasonable for a new game. But in the last few days there were lots of people putting it on e-bay as an unwanted/unenjoyable gift for around $20. I picked up a copy for $20 myself.

Also, not to scare you, but recently I got screwed by a guy with a 98% approval rating on e-bay with over 100 sales. The only negative comment seemed nonsensical. I paid, the item never arrived, and now Paypal is investigating. Whoopee. :roll:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I'm interested to know if anyone here won it. I know Kiz didn't. Did you make it PGJ?

If anyone wants it that bad, check into buying it from someone on Yahoo Japan through one of those services, because you can get it for cheaper than 200 there. At least, you could last year when Ramza got me mine.
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

My stepdad bid on it for me and won it. I told him to wait on bidding until the last day, but I think he bid around $250 as the max bid for it anyway. I couldn't afford it myself and told him to bid whatever he felt comfortable with and that I'd pay him back when I could. I'm gonna be unemployed pretty soon so I knew I had no chance once it was bid on at the asking price.

I have a few Japanese friends that could help with translations or like I said I can take screens of all the Japanese text so it can be translated here as well. :)

My Lunar collection is almost complete... though not really.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, that's nice that you had someone else willing to buy it for you. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Kizyr wrote:Well, that's nice that you had someone else willing to buy it for you. KF

I consider myself very lucky. No question. I'm actually very surprised my stepdad did it considering he is quite the penny pincher ^^;

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

At least the auction went to someone we know and we know will enjoy it instead of just sticking it in a corner somewhere. ^^
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Congratulations! That's awesome! Enjoy it! :P

It's really cool that you have a stepdad willing to buy it for you, and I'm pretty sure you can trust this seller. To give you 100% peace of mind, know that if there is a problem you can go to Paypal's website and file a claim under "resolution." They will get your money back. (Assuming you paid with Paypal of course). So rest assured that it'll be fine, and you're about to recieve one of the rarest gems in the Lunar collection.

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

So, seeing that the disc itself is pretty old and all, is there any chance of us getting a disc image from G1 or PGJ? It would be really nice to have an ISO...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

G1 said no the last time this was asked. LunarNET has been the official site for two game; do you really think anything's going to be provided in full like that? The wallpapers are posted (49 of them!) and that's by far the most useful part of the application.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, the wallpaper is about the only thing useful. The card game is semi-fun, but nothing spectacular. It's rareity surpasses it's impressiveness IMO. I'll definately provide screenshots of each of the applications and such, and may even put up a screensaver or two when I get time, but I won't be providing the entire disc image. I know it's old and practically impossible to find, but that's just standard policy for the site. It's the same reason I don't post ALL the soundtrack MP3s or ALL the movies from the games. Having full song MP3 samples is risky enough IMO.
-G1