Ouch

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ouch

Post by GhaleonOne »

This makes Zidane's headbutt look like child's play. This happened just last week and the guy is still on the injured list after a concussion. He spent a while in the hospital after that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFpvJMTrjk4&NR
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ouch. I've been hit in the face and it hurts like hell, so I can only imagine what a in shape althete charging at full speed would feel like when they jab their elbow right into the side of your head.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

GBGLF!

Ow. Ow. Accidental collisions are bad enough (I've had a few, ow), but it really looks like he knew what he was doing.

Was there anything in the game to provoke the elbower, or was this just an opportunistic play?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yellow card?

What the hell do you have to do to get a red card in the EPL? Kill somebody? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It was completely unprovoked. They guy that got clocked was just seeing the ball out for a throw-in and Ben Thatcher (the voilent one) just went full speed and crashed him elbow into the side of his head. Even the announcers were shocked. Apparently Thatcher has a history of this stuff. I didn't even know who he was until this, but I'll sure remember him now. It's so bad his own club has suspended him, and that is a RARE thing in European club ball. He's likely going to get handed a three month suspension by the FA (England's ruling football/soccer federation).
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Geez! And he slid quite a way too. :shock: I'm surprised Thatcher didn't get a red card, but I don't know that much about soccer, so maybe I shouldn't talk. :?
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

SpaceFlare
Iluk Crackpot

Post by SpaceFlare »

Okay. So how does the elbower not get nailed with a red card?!? The guy he hit obviously took quite a blow.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

He should have been red carded. The reasoning was that ref had his view blocked of what happened and at the time it just looked like a collision. Even if that were the case, the linesmen or fourth official should have seen that. Everyone else did.
-G1

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

They're lucky the benches didn't clear on that one, Portsmouth should have rushed Thatcher he certainly deserved a stomping for what he did to Mendes.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The one player looked like he was going to get into Thatcher's face, but I think he saw that Mendes was seriously injured and was more concerned with that when you see the look on his face. I bet you money when those two teams meet again and if Thatcher is in the lineup, some payback's will be coming.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

That definitely deserved a red card. Ouch.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I'd say an eye for an eye this time. Hold that guy still if the other one wants to bash his face later.