Member Pictures 4: Return of the Members

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

He looks like he's nervous or something actually. Probably not every day he gets in a picture with a pretty girl. :P He looks like he's trying to claw your shoulder though Lunartic.
If you could come next year G1, the con would positively ROCK. You should put on a big Lunar panel for us! Razz I'll help! lol
I dunno, my biggest fear is being in front of a large group of people. Even if I am getting to talk about one of my favorite subjects. It's always been my biggest weakness.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:He looks like he's nervous or something actually. Probably not every day he gets in a picture with a pretty girl. :P He looks like he's trying to claw your shoulder though Lunartic.
You're just jealous.
G1 wrote:
If you could come next year G1, the con would positively ROCK. You should put on a big Lunar panel for us! Razz I'll help! lol
I dunno, my biggest fear is being in front of a large group of people. Even if I am getting to talk about one of my favorite subjects. It's always been my biggest weakness.
Oh it's loads of fun!

Again, if anyone's going to be at Otakon this year, we're trying to have another Lunar panel.

If I ever find myself in Chicago in mid-May, then I wouldn't mind setting one up. Single-handedly I could pull it off, but it'd be much better if I had any assistance. Like G1. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

G1 G1 he's the man, if he can't do it no one can! :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I'll have another thread set up for this on the board, but, I got married last week. :P

Here's me and my beautiful bride (now wife :P):

(Picture courtesy of a friend of mine -- don't have any others online yet).
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Here is a picture of me at Easter, with my hair and make-up (which I barely ever wear!) all done by my amazing friend. Also, no glasses in this one:

For a more recent photo, here's me and my lovely girlfriend ready to go out to dinner. We're in front of her apartment, and its awesome red door.

EDIT: By the way, G1, it was nice to see that rare picture of you! Not that I mind people declining to post, but it is interesting to see the faces behind those I'm talking to.
Last edited by Agawa on Tue May 22, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Odd, this whole time I did not know you were female. What a beautiful eye color!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Agawa wrote:Here is a picture of me at Easter, with my hair and make-up (which I barely ever wear!) all done by my amazing friend. Also, no glasses in this one:
Careful, now G1 might have someone besides Lunartic to be all "<3" about.

Of course I'm one to talk, but still... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Alunissage wrote:Odd, this whole time I did not know you were female. What a beautiful eye color!
*laughs* Well, it's always hard to tell on message boards. Thanks for the compliment, by the way!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:I'll have another thread set up for this on the board, but, I got married last week. :P

your face in this almost SCREAMS sinister plan. :lol:

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:I'll have another thread set up for this on the board, but, I got married last week. :P

your face in this almost SCREAMS sinister plan. :lol:
Yeah, it wasn't the most flattering picture of me. :P
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

New picture linked here.

I'd post the image rather than a link, but it's kinna large and I'm too tired to resize tonight. I have more photos, tons of new photos actually, but I just got back from Colorado late last night and had a really long day at work (and kinda crappy day overall, we even lost our soccer game tonight, and I hate to lose). I'll post them in spades. There's some gorgeous mountain photos. Some of the best I've gotten so far, and definitely want to get them online soon, but figured I'd post one with me in it. That area I'm in is one of the most beautiful places in the country. You can't realize how massive the big valley is unless you're actually there. Oh, and when that picture was taken, there was like 15 elk about 50 feet from me on the left of the picture. I got pictures of them too I'll post later.

And FYI, I hiked almost 15 miles in just over 24 hours. All over 10,000 feet in elevation, and about 5 of it through deep snow. Very tiring.

Edit: Changed my mind, here's a bunch more pics:

Dream Lake (Hallet's Peak in the background) We hiked up through this in between the two mountains pictured.
Crazy snow formation. We walked over it. The snow was that thick and packed in. Slick as hell too.
That's me doing a bit of rock climbing.
Morain Park (my favorite place in the entire world to sit at sunset and relax. There are literally hundreds to thousands of elk in this valley any given night)
Morain Park at sunset
Mills Lake - we hiked most of the way up through this, but the snow was much deeper in those tree's beyond that it looked, and we kept losing the trail. We never actually made it clear to Black Lake above (unpictured) but will be taking it on next month anyways without so much snow to deal with.
Another picture of Mills Lake
Me standing on top of a waterfall. You can't see it, but right behind me is a 40 foot waterfall with a sheer vertical drop-off. One wrong foot and it would be all over.
Me standing on the snow formation shown in the earlier picture with Hallet's Peak in the background. Again, we hiked up into the gorge pictured behind me between the two peaks.
Me on a giant rock.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You should have gone swimming in those lakes and streams. :P

Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Tai Dandora »

Cool pics G1. How old are you btw?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Turned 27 a couple of months ago.

And phyco, I'll go through some of the pictures. I have some of me and my bro fake jumping into a stream. No way would I actually do it. Do you realize how cold it is? It's literally snow that's just melted.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm just waiting for Sean Connery to show up in that first picture and teach you the ways of swordfighting in an awesome montage.

And there's a lot of snow in the others. At that elevation, does some of it stay around year-round?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bah, I know. We went into the moutains yesterday for a picnic near a stream, and the water numbs your hands and feet on contact.

Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Tai Dandora »

Here's a couple of my most recent..

Pre-prom with my two best friends

Lauren and I..Senior prom :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm just waiting for Sean Connery to show up in that first picture and teach you the ways of swordfighting in an awesome montage.
Yeah, I was freaked when I saw how I was posed in that picture. That was at a slight slant, and my brother must have had the camera twisted a slight bit. It looks like I'm leaning way forward or something. It's kinda cool, but kinda weird as well. I just liked the background scenery though.
And there's a lot of snow in the others. At that elevation, does some of it stay around year-round?
Yup. There's glacier's that never melt, and generally, there's snow that isn't part of the glacier's that never completely melts off in the summer the higher up you get. In fact, it's not that uncommon to be on the top of a 13,000+ mountain and have it all the sudden blizzard on you in the warmest days of summer for a while.

Oh and Tai, you got one heck of a cute girlfriend there buddy. ;)
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

phyco126 wrote:What does Billy West do? That name sounds VERY familiar.
Billy is probably best known for his work in Futurama. He's the main character and a couple of other characters. But he's also the voice of Bugs Bunny since Mel Blanc passed away, and the Red M&M in the commercials. xD He was a sweetie, really funny and cool guy. :D

You look great in those pictures G1! And those mountains are beautiful! I would love to go hiking in the mountains sometime, looks like a blast. :D

Okay, for the Pirates 3 premiere, a huge group of friends and I dressed up at my house and then we all took off for the theater to make the midnight showing.

Here are the boys:

My friend Brittany and I:

Nathan and I:

I did all his make up for the night lol, including his pirate brand and jack tattoo. xD

And speaking of Nathan and I, we had a lot of fun being dorks in my CommArts class. I'll show you via YouTube. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2SyVVLXF0

Just a typical day in class. Nathan, being the technical director of my session, messed with the cuts angles and audio. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lol, that video was pretty funny.

Arr, shiver me timbers matey.