Disturbing news on so many levels

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Disturbing news on so many levels

Post by phyco126 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17980152/

I honestly don't know what to say in direct response to that, aside that it disturbs me on so very many levels.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

O______________O

I would HATE to be those children's parents. Could you imagine??
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LuNaRtIc wrote:O______________O

I would HATE to be those children's parents. Could you imagine??
If my child was involved in that, I would seriously probably send them to the hospital. ... ... ... No, not really, but I would ground them from EVERYTHING until I could figure out what to do with them. I would certainly take them to a clinic to get tested for STDs, then send them to a counslor, then probably buy a chasity belt like the one from Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

It really doesn't surprise me. If you lived in my town, it wouldn't surprise you, either. :?

That still doesn't change the fact that I believe it to be wrong and utterly disturbing.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Wow....

They were only alone for 15 minutes! How did they get the idea to do THAT?

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Kids are exposed to sex at a much earlier time in their lives these days. It's everywhere, anymore.....

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Still, there's a difference between being exposed to sex and being encouraged to have group sex with an audience. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing I would expect anyone at any age to do.

The story is just bizarre. I don't think I even want to know the full details on how it went down. It's just crazy that they could have decided to do that when they were alone for such a short period of time.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Still, you have to understand that things aren't the way they used to be. It's a lot easier for younger kids to learn about things like that. The worst part about it all though, is that the rest of the class was still in there.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Yeah, that's the part I can't wrap my brain around. I've heard about 5th graders having sex and getting pregnant and stuff before. I remember hearing about that when I was that age. While it's disturbing, it's not shocking.

But doing it with all your friends at school watching? Crazy.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Yeah, forget that, man. I would never try to do something like that, or even think about it. Sex is to be done behind closed doors.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bah, kids shouldn't have sex until they are 18 or something, closed doors or not.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Well....uh....18 is too long for some people......

I think that the age they had sex at though, is TOTALLY unacceptable.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

It doesn't surprise me at all. I've volunteered at an elementary school when I've gotten home from college for the past three years, and, take it from me, the times have changed. These kids say/do/wear things that no one would dare say/do/wear when I was that age (man, I sound old). We live in the age of the prostitot, ladies and gentlemen, the age for people having sex is getting younger and younger, mainly because kids are exposed to sex at a younger age and parents don't actually parent anymore. I don't necessarily think that eighteen should be the minimum age, but being sexually active at nine or ten is totally inappropriate and really quite gross.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

It's just a shame that society is plunging even further into darkness...with things like this. I mean, that's only the start of it.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Yeah, you would think those kids wouldn't even be fully developed yet. But I know there are some occasions when they are. I've heard of 8 year old girls who had gotten pregnant before. :roll: Just terrible.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

LuNaRtIc wrote:Yeah, you would think those kids wouldn't even be fully developed yet. But I know there are some occasions when they are. I've heard of 8 year old girls who had gotten pregnant before. :roll: Just terrible.
WHAT?! Eight year old girls getting pregnant? How does that even happen? Wow...... that's truly disturbing, yet amazing at the same time. :shock:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yes, it has happened before (8 year olds getting pregnant.) Sure, 18 is kinda a long wait, but I wouldn't think it would be good for anyone under the age of 16 to do it.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

its amazing to see kids these days, i feel its a cause of lack of discipline, but hey i could be wrong.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

What do you expect? The new rule is that everything good is bad and everything bad is good. In modern society, purity is a sin and promiscuousness is a virtue.

Heaven forbid we continue to teach kids that they should wait for marriage. No; that's violating their rights somehow and making them feel bad. Better to continue to bombard them with sexuality and the idea that they're worthless if they aren't having sex.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

What has this country/planet become. I was around a bunch of elemeary students the other day and they used so many cuss words, it made me look like an angel.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.