This has hit a new low

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
BattleMedic
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

This has hit a new low

Post by BattleMedic »

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegio ... id=1008301

A kid had a gun at THAT age, what is this world coming to?
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

coming? this is not the first time something like this has happened.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You know, maybe it's a good thing I have no authority here in the states. In all honesty, if I had absolute power, if a gang shot and killed any child, I would make our military operations in the last 100 years look like Boy Scout camping trips.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

I'm with you, phyco. It's unbelievable to me that we allow these gangs, the leaders of which are practically terrorists, get away with ruining our neighborhoods and destroying people's lives.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Man a little kid having a gun AND having connections with a gang? I feel sick just hearing about things like that.

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

JWL wrote:I'm with you, phyco. It's unbelievable to me that we allow these gangs, the leaders of which are practically terrorists, get away with ruining our neighborhoods and destroying people's lives.
I second that
To have no fear, you must know fear.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

I am really interested to see where that gun came from, it's a gang-linked family that apparently only the victim was rising beyond, (Editorialization to make it seem more tragic = fail) and the family banded together to try and obstruct the investigation, in the process hiding the gun.

There are a lot of ins and outs here, I think it's too early to make any conclusive statements about anyone or anything. There is a lot more to this case than what is in that article.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

Boris Moskovitz
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Boris Moskovitz »

They grow up so fast. :cry:

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

Not to derail the thread or anything, but it's hard not to notice how every time someone posts anything news related around here, it's generally bad news. I get the impression that there's quite a few "glass half empty" types on the boards.

Sure, generally speaking, people are pretty horrible to each other, but c'mon, there's got to be some good news out there, right? For instance, check out this video http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/404. It's pretty old, so many of you may have already seen it, but it's actually pretty inspiring and I'm of the firm opinion that we could use a pick me up

Maybe it's just me noticing something that isn't really there, in which case, disregard this post entirely, but a quick search of the topics helps to substantiate my theory.

I'm not singling anyone out here, just sharing a general observation. To sum it up, I guess what i'm trying to say is smile people. It's the weekend, the sun's out, the bird's are singing and, honestly, things could be worse. :wink:
Fortifies and Conditions!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Fortifying Conditioner wrote:Not to derail the thread or anything, but it's hard not to notice how every time someone posts anything news related around here, it's generally bad news. I get the impression that there's quite a few "glass half empty" types on the boards.
:
Well... most of those out there is bad news. It's not that there aren't plenty of good news that could be reported. It's just that bad news generally sells better.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit

Well... most of those out there is bad news. It's not that there aren't plenty of good news that could be reported. It's just that bad news generally sells better.
Sure if we're speaking from a journalistic perspcetive, but that isn't really applicable in this case, as no one on these boards is really trying to "sell" anything.

I was just noting how all the negativity from the media seems to be bleeding over in to more personal areas of our lives which is a sad thought indeed.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Well, we post news items to have a discussion. If we only have negative news to choose from, that's what we're going to choose.

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit

But you said it yourself. Good news is out there, bad news sells better. All that means is we just have to look a little harder for the good news. So we actually do have more than just negative news to pick from, we just choose to ignore our other options.