Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Asmodean
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Post by Asmodean »

I finished it!

WHO ELSE DID! So good. What about everyone else?!
ImageImageImage

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

For the record, I won't even VIEW this thread after this post, cause I don't want the chances of spoilers, but I just started the first book a few days ago. About to finish it. I kept meaning to read them, and I figured this is a good time. I won't have to wait at all between books.
-G1

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Wow, fast reader! :) After getting the book at midnight I could only do the first 6 chapters..needed sleep. But sadly, I was spoiled already with the leak early in the week >< but still enjoying it and very action pack from the beginning.. I can't wait to see what they do with the movie especially with chapter four, that will be interesting scenes ^^ Hope everyone reading it enjoys!
Image"Sample my goods!!"

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Please, hide all spoilers, and don't post them overtly. There are plenty of us who do not want to know what goes down.

AnimeJei: Oh Lord, I know, that chapter was freaking intense! It came out of nowhere.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I'm going to make one thing very, very clear right here and now...

DO NOT POST SPOILERS. DO NOT EVEN HINT AT SPOILERS. ANYONE WHO POSTS SPOILERS ABOUT THE SEVENTH HARRY POTTER BOOK WILL HAVE THEIR POST DELETED AND MAY HAVE THEIR ACCOUNT TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.

I am not joking with this. There are a lot of people going around basically being jerks by trying to ruin the fun for everybody else, and I don't want that happening here. If you want to discuss something using spoilers, however, you may do so if and only if you do both of the following:

1) CLEARLY MARK A POST THAT CONTAINS SPOILERS OR POTENTIAL SPOILERS
2) USE BLACK OR DARK BLUE TEXT FOR PORTION OF YOUR POST THAT CONTAINS SPOILERS OR REFERENCES TO THEM

After maybe a month, then you shouldn't have to worry about this rule anymore. But, for the time being, this rule is in effect. If you post any spoilers and don't follow the above two provisions, then I'm going to delete your post and take any necessary action.

Oh, and I don't actually read the series, so I don't mind if stuff is spoiler for me. But I'm not gonna let it be ruined for anyone else.

By the way, "joke" spoilers (e.g., Ron beheads Harry because he's the robotic son of Voldemort--from the Colbert Report) don't count. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote: By the way, "joke" spoilers (e.g., Ron beheads Harry because he's the robotic son of Voldemort--from the Colbert Report) don't count. KF
Party pooper. :(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I finished it the afternoon it was out. I don't like to read that much that often, but... in this case, it was worth it. Especially as a few hours later I saw someone trying to spoil it for others. Jerkface.

I was satisfied with the book. ^^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sonic# wrote:Especially as a few hours later I saw someone trying to spoil it for others. Jerkface.
One time, I went back in time to tell George Lucas that Darth Vader is Luke's father when he was writing Empire. He was so mad that I spoiled his own movie ending that he swore vengeance on all his fans by creating a prequel trilogy. True story.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I didn't finish it until around 5:30am this morning, but that's because I didn't buy it until around 4pm and then I had another fantasy novel to finish AND book 6 to reread before book 7. Even I take some time to read 1800 pages. :P And yeah, I just stayed offline from 10pm Friday until now. No one in my usual haunts is likely to post spoilers in topic titles and other dumb things like that but no point chancing it.

A friend of my husband's said he decided to pick it up at Wal-Mart and there were people shouting spoilers to everyone entering the store. Also, people searching on LiveJournal for anyone who lists HP as an interest and posting comments with spoilers.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote: A friend of my husband's said he decided to pick it up at Wal-Mart and there were people shouting spoilers to everyone entering the store. Also, people searching on LiveJournal for anyone who lists HP as an interest and posting comments with spoilers.
You humans have a very proper word for people like that, but alas, there is a rule against me saying what it is. :P

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Alunissage wrote:and there were people shouting spoilers to everyone entering the store.
I'd be giving those people a beat down! :evil: It's sad there is people who actually get jollies by ruining these things for others. I was spoiled while reading an innocent post which was suppose to be about HP:OotP movie on IMDB.. oh well. Wow, you people read fast.. I can read only so long then my head explodes...
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote: You humans have a very proper word for people like that, but alas, there is a rule against me saying what it is. :P
What's the word for it on Omicron Persei 8?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Food. You humans taste very good when you are naughty.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alunissage wrote:I didn't finish it until around 5:30am this morning, but that's because I didn't buy it until around 4pm and then I had another fantasy novel to finish AND book 6 to reread before book 7. Even I take some time to read 1800 pages. :P And yeah, I just stayed offline from 10pm Friday until now. No one in my usual haunts is likely to post spoilers in topic titles and other dumb things like that but no point chancing it.

A friend of my husband's said he decided to pick it up at Wal-Mart and there were people shouting spoilers to everyone entering the store. Also, people searching on LiveJournal for anyone who lists HP as an interest and posting comments with spoilers.
[comment deleted]

also, i'd like to say i'm humored greatly by how much attention Harry Potter got on the "HEY NO SPOILERS!" thing as opposed to LoZ:TP :lol:

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
also, i'd like to say i'm humored greatly by how much attention Harry Potter got on the "HEY NO SPOILERS!" thing as opposed to LoZ:TP :lol:
The funny thing is that there was really nothing to be spoiled about Twilight Princess. There were a lot of fake spoilers for twist endings, but in the end it was just a typical Zelda game.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I actually didn't like it at all, not because of the story, or its elements, but simply the writing itself. For what was supposed to be the big bang at the end of the seven books, it sure was mundane. The last chapter before the epilogue could have been epic, yet Rowlings left it quite mundane. Though the epilogue was kinda cute.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, so I'll be safe about it....

I'm sure that last battle scene will be made much, much better when the movie is released. They better get Gore Verbinski back for that.

P.S. It's official: I <3 Severus Snape.

End spoilers.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ozone: I modified your post to where the potential spoiler (although, I admit, it's kind of a stretch to call it that) appears in dark dark blue text so that you have to highlight to read it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Werefrog wrote:The funny thing is that there was really nothing to be spoiled about Twilight Princess. There were a lot of fake spoilers for twist endings, but in the end it was just a typical Zelda game.
I was looking at the Zelda Phantom Hourglass board at gfaqs and yes, of course there were threads with subjects like "Zelda question **spoilers**". And in one of these someone had answered the game question and then followed it up with several spoilers for Deathly Hallows. Not joke spoilers, either. "Well, the thread said 'spoilers'!!!" :roll:

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote: I was looking at the Zelda Phantom Hourglass board at gfaqs and yes, of course there were threads with subjects like "Zelda question **spoilers**". And in one of these someone had answered the game question and then followed it up with several spoilers for Deathly Hallows. Not joke spoilers, either. "Well, the thread said 'spoilers'!!!" :roll:
That reminds me of what brought me to L-Net in the first place. I was a regular poster on the Gamefaqs' Dragon Song board (one of the few boards on Gamefaqs that were inhabitable by humans) when I clicked on a topic that was marked minor spoilers. It ruined one of the biggest twists in the game. At that point I decided I needed a new board for my Lunar discussions.

Also... I have to admit I spoiled the Half-Blood Prince for a friend of mine. However, it <I>was</I> months after the book came out, and we were joking around about Harry Potter.

Edit: Alun, that post you were talking about is still there. I can't believe it.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kizyr wrote:Ozone: I modified your post to where the potential spoiler (although, I admit, it's kind of a stretch to call it that) appears in dark dark blue text so that you have to highlight to read it. KF
I figured I'd just play it safe, it's better than having someone -Borgan- at me over something. People are far, far too touchy over this book in my experience thus far.

I'll keep that in mind.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"