AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post by phyco126 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19956961/

Maybe now those nuts will shut up.

I remember this conversation with my dad so very long ago.

Me: "Dad, I believe in both, how can you say evolution is not possible when, to me, it is very possible"
Dad: "It just isn't, God made everything, and people like are going teh thee hellz lololol"
Me: O_o

Not exactly like that, but close enough.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

THANK YOU Pope Benedict!

That's pretty much what I've felt (almost) all along. This entire dichotomy of creationism vs evolution has been absurd since it first started--particularly since the "creationism" side is founded on a lack of understanding of the theory of evolution to begin with. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, I agree with this assessment, though I'm wondering, since this has been an issue raised in the past, whether this is truly what the Pope said. (I'll believe it is unless JWL explains otherwise.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Sonic# wrote:(I'll believe it is unless JWL explains otherwise.)
JWL is the new Jerry Falwell. :lol:

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Sonic# wrote:(I'll believe it is unless JWL explains otherwise.)
JWL is the new Jerry Falwell. :lol:
A testament to how little you know about both Jerry Falwell and JWL.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:A testament to how little you know about both Jerry Falwell and JWL.
A habanero coated in sugar is still a habanero.
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

NallOne wrote:
DeathBeforeDenial wrote:A testament to how little you know about both Jerry Falwell and JWL.
True, but it's sweeter :D

Jerry Falwell is that guy we complained about when he died a couple of months ago, right? If so, I wouldn't go so far as to compare JWL to that guy.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

NallOne wrote:
Yes, but a habanero breaded and deep-fried is damn delicious.

Ooh, and injected with cheddar... ... .......... mmmm

But yeah, disagreeable though you may find either of them, JWL and Falwell are very unlike one another. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

It's about freakin' time.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

For the benefit of the handful of people here who are grown-ups:

-The Catholic Church, having never taken the six day creation story in Genesis literally, has never had a reason to be against any theory of evolution. Once again, the Pope is doing little more than repeating Catholic teaching and you're under the impression that he's coming out with some new information. Of course thousands of Catholics are ignorant of this, but that's really their own fault.

-What the Pope says is of no consequence to the non-Catholics who believe in a 6,000 year old Earth, ie, a strictly literal interpretation of Genesis.

-Note that the Pope's position is that the Young Earth Creationists are wrong, but it is also that the godless folks are wrong. He's saying that God created through an evolutionary process. This is bound to outrage the neo-Darwinists just as much as the Young Earth Creationists.

-The Pope effectively just endorsed the concept of Intelligent Design, which is often associated with Young Earth Creationism but ultimately just means that a divine hand must have been involved in creation.

For the record, I would much rather be compared with Jerry Falwell than just about any of you people, so thanks. As I said, though, there are a handful of you that I respect, which is why I bothered to post this at all.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

JWL wrote:For the benefit of the handful of people here who are grown-ups:
Do you have to be so condescending in every single post you make here?

It is honestly starting to offend both me personally and my intelligence. I find it ironic that the person calling everyone else children is acting so immature.
- Mike

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

JWL wrote:For the benefit of the handful of people here who are grown-ups:

For the record, I would much rather be compared with Jerry Falwell than just about any of you people, so thanks. As I said, though, there are a handful of you that I respect, which is why I bothered to post this at all.
JWL, stop it.

There's no need to be condescending with every single post you make. All it's done for you so far is just invite more hostility towards yourself. If you find the need to make comments like this in the future, then stop posting.

B_G, the same goes for you. I'm simply going to start deleting any of your future posts where you deliberately instigate another member--typically JWL. It's all coming really damn close to trolling, and none of us need this kind of crap on the boards. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

Kizyr wrote:JWL, stop it.
Certainly. I think everybody already knows who I respect and who I have ABSOLUTELY NO respect for, so there's no point to say it again.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

JWL wrote:
Kizyr wrote:JWL, stop it.
Certainly. I think everybody already knows who I respect and who I have ABSOLUTELY NO respect for, so there's no point to say it again.
JWL has a secret crush on me. :oops:

But yeah, I mean, things are still evolving TODAY. If evolution did not exist we would not be finding new-species from pre-existing species in areas we already investigated.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

One more thing before I finish up here. Considering that this entire thread appears to be people celebrating that the Pope has repeated something which was already Catholic teaching as if he has suddenly changed Catholic teaching, that is, various people have confused what some Protestants believe with what the Catholic Church believes, I think this quote sums up this and just about every other thread in which Catholicism has been discussed quite nicely:
Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen wrote:There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church—which is, of course, quite a different thing.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think anyone here claims to hate the Catholic Church in particular. There are obviously people here that have issues with organized religion in general, but it's definately not reserved strictly to any single subset of any particular religion.

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

I'm glad that the head hancho finally put it to rest, but what are people are going to argue about now?
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Who knows? xD With the bunch of personalities we have here, we'll think of something.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

Hopefully or else it will get quite dull around here.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ozone wrote:Who knows? xD With the bunch of personalities we have here, we'll think of something.
Team Rocket Blasting Off Again!

Discuss.