A hard to answer question...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A hard to answer question...

Post by GhaleonOne »

I had this question asked to me by someone at work today, and I really didn't know how to answer it. I kind of thought about it a bit, and never really did come up with any kind of good answer. Thought I'd pose the same question here:

If you could be anonymous and do anything, out of character, that you wanted, what would it be?
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

lol, that IS hard! I will have to think about it as well...
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: A hard to answer question...

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote: If you could be anonymous and do anything, out of character, that you wanted, what would it be?
Depends... is this still based in the realm of possibility or is this more fantasy?

Fantasy, then I would love to live in the mountains, practicing Martial Arts, use my life energy as a weapon, etc etc. Pretty much DBZ stuff :P

Real Life: Then I would probably confess my love to people, then go around practicing vigilantism. Ah...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I could tell you, but then the thought police would have to kill me.

Wait, I thought it as I typed that.

*runs away*
- Mike

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think I quite understand the question. Are we talking about things we would do in our real lives if they had no ramifications? Or things we would do if we had unlimited resources? Or both?

If it's a matter of having unlimited resources, I've always wanted to produce avant garde theater. There's a lot of gifted writers and performers whose work goes unnoticed because it's not commercial enough to get funding.

As for stuff I'd do if I didn't have to worry about getting caught... well, I'll just say that it involves a bathtub, a bottle of chocolate syrup, and Matthew McConaughey. I'll leave it at that.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: A hard to answer question...

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:If you could be anonymous and do anything, out of character, that you wanted, what would it be?
I'd post on 4Chan.

Oh wait! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ooooh, there are a lot of things, not only because the consequences outweigh the benefits on a lot of them, but because there are just some things where the person who did the action is focused on too much. For instance, I do 90% of my charity work anonymously or in someone else's name.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, if I'm anonymous, then I don't have to worry about others judging me, good or ill. Okay. And if it's out of character, it means I don't have to worry over the things I'd normally worry about. That one's a difficult one, but...

I would go on a crusade for authors I like that're still alive. I would show up at their house and offer to have any drink they want with them. Cranberry juice, rotgut, whatever. And I wouldn't ask them one thing about what they wrote. We could drink in total silence, or go prancing through the night in Bacchanal frenzies, or anything in between. At the end of it, I wouldn't ask for an autograph or anything, but mark them off my list and go on.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:I would go on a crusade for authors I like that're still alive. I would show up at their house and offer to have any drink they want with them. Cranberry juice, rotgut, whatever. And I wouldn't ask them one thing about what they wrote. We could drink in total silence, or go prancing through the night in Bacchanal frenzies, or anything in between. At the end of it, I wouldn't ask for an autograph or anything, but mark them off my list and go on.
That gives me an idea!

If I were anonymous, I would take Mark Twain's advice: I'd find Jane Austen's grave, dig her up, and beat her over the head with her own shin-bone. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The question was meant more in real life. Sonic's pretty much nailed it I think, too.
-G1

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Anonimity does not change my purpose for living, it just makes it harder to do becuase I will realize that I am accountable to no other person, and that is a far too great and equally disturbing pretext.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I would rape Mickey, Phyco, Asmodean and Kizyr etc, then win the Purity Race.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kizyr wrote:
Sonic# wrote:I would go on a crusade for authors I like that're still alive. I would show up at their house and offer to have any drink they want with them. Cranberry juice, rotgut, whatever. And I wouldn't ask them one thing about what they wrote. We could drink in total silence, or go prancing through the night in Bacchanal frenzies, or anything in between. At the end of it, I wouldn't ask for an autograph or anything, but mark them off my list and go on.
That gives me an idea!

If I were anonymous, I would take Mark Twain's advice: I'd find Jane Austen's grave, dig her up, and beat her over the head with her own shin-bone. KF
I'd help!
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Jenner wrote:I would rape Mickey, Phyco, Asmodean and Kizyr etc, then win the Purity Race.
There is an essential flaw in your plan. :?
Kizyr wrote:That gives me an idea!

That reminds me!

Here's an author I'd like to visit.
Five Ways Jane Austen Never Died.
May this be a fantasy for you. Though I rather like Jane Austen's writings...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Jenner wrote:I would rape Mickey, Phyco, Asmodean and Kizyr etc, then win the Purity Race.
Really?! My address is 1095 Wes...

*Phyco126 has been banned by a jealous admin!*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Sonic# wrote:
I think that's the point.... :?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Ozone wrote:
Sonic# wrote:
I think that's the point.... :?
lol

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

just one thing?

oh my gosh.

ok, i want to hack the voting booths for the presidential elections for the rest of my life. i would research the candidates thoroughly and put someone intelligent and committed to the people in the white house.

i also want to hack the senate's voting. they make my brain bleed.

as an aside from the politics i know i shouldn't have dragged in here (sorry, but it's really the only thing i'd want out of anonymity)--why have the last couple posts i've read of benevolent ghaleon's consisted of smiley faces or "lol"s?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i'd say the answer is obvious.