Ugh, I'm out of it...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ugh, I'm out of it...

Post by Kizyr »

I was in California the last few days (San Diego and Irvine). My flight got back this morning. I'm taking today off, but I really hate red-eye flights since I never sleep on planes.

Just if anyone was wondering why I've been sparse.

Though I should say, I'm totally a fan of JetBlue now. For a "low-cost" carrier, they have the most comfortable planes and best service I've ever seen in a US-based airline. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I hope you get some much needed sleep. Remember, don't get too little, get as much as you need and sleep as long as you must.......

PARTY TIME!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

*nab* No one disturbs the dark lord when he's sleeping!

I've never been on a flight, but I can imagine I wouldn't sleep either. Is it anything in particular that makes you not sleep, like beign relatively upright or knowing you're so high up... or is it just a thing?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:*nab* No one disturbs the dark lord when he's sleeping!

I've never been on a flight, but I can imagine I wouldn't sleep either. Is it anything in particular that makes you not sleep, like beign relatively upright or knowing you're so high up... or is it just a thing?
It's not with being so high up, but with moving. I can't sleep if I'm moving, and if I can't lie horizontally. Trains, buses, etc. are the same. I dunno about cruise ships though, as I've never been on one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hehe, I can sleep in the car, in a small laz-y-boy chair with no reclining capabilities, on the floor, on a plane, in a bed, on a couch waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too short, etc etc etc.

I guess I'm lucky, to be able to do that. Though sleeping in tiny areas are slighty harder as I'm not as flexible in to curl into a tight ball as I used to be. :(

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:I dunno about cruise ships though, as I've never been on one. KF
I had a job singing on a cruise ship once, and sleeping was... weird. It took me a long time to get used to the boat slooowly rocking and the tiny cat box-like bed, but once I did I started sleeping better than I ever have in my life. (I'm usually a very light sleeper, and toss and turn a lot.)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Planes are awesome, Kizzie, how dare you diss them!!

The best airline that is uber cheap IMO is AirTran. Ever flown w them? The one time I flew in recent years they cancelled my flight cause the plane was broken, HOWEVER I got a free plane ticket anywhere in the US (ComicCon here I come!!) for sitting in the airport for 10 hours. Freaking awesome.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

LuciaOne wrote:Planes are awesome, Kizzie, how dare you diss them!!

The best airline that is uber cheap IMO is AirTran. Ever flown w them? The one time I flew in recent years they cancelled my flight cause the plane was broken, HOWEVER I got a free plane ticket anywhere in the US (ComicCon here I come!!) for sitting in the airport for 10 hours. Freaking awesome.
...I wasn't dissing planes. I said that I hate red-eye flights.

I flew AirTran a little several years ago. I didn't find them that great, compared to your average carrier. There are a lot of low-cost domestic carriers that I think are a bit better with regards to service, and are still about the same price (JetBlue, even Southwest, although I usually fly American since it flies the routes that I need). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I love flying, as long as I don't have to go through the Philadelphia airport on a stop-over. :) I actually recommend American Airlines, you may pay a little more in comparison to other airlines, but when you call their customer services they actually listen to you and help you solve your problems with the flight you're on (as opposed to my last trip to Chicago where I got forwarded to Hertz Rent-a-car five times by the airline I was taking when I called customer service). I've had problems with almost every other major airline company in the US when it's come to that kind of thing.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Man, I love flying, but the airlines today suck.

When I was younger, you would get in flight movies, meals, snacks, and plenty to drink.

Now you get half a can of soda for a few dollars. =/

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

I'm not much of a flying fan. After the 9/11 incident (pray for those) I would never, untill I finally feel brave enough, go on a plane. In the meantime, I will stick to trains.
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I just recently traveled by train, I have to say, while it took a lot longer, it was pretty sweet.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

kyle1992 wrote:I'm not much of a flying fan. After the 9/11 incident (pray for those) I would never, untill I finally feel brave enough, go on a plane. In the meantime, I will stick to trains.
let that go. it's starting to seem like people think that terrorism STARTED on 9/11. it's been around forever and will likely stay that way. gotta live your life, man.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

kyle1992 wrote:I'm not much of a flying fan. After the 9/11 incident (pray for those) I would never, untill I finally feel brave enough, go on a plane. In the meantime, I will stick to trains.
What about the attacks in London, Madrid, and Mumbai on the bus and train systems? Maybe you should just play it safe and never set foot outside of the house again.

You're a lot more likely to get killed in an auto accident anyway. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)