Lack of Asmodean

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Asmodean
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lack of Asmodean

Post by Asmodean »

The new boyfriend Jesse, has gotten me addicted to World of Warcraft.

That is why I have not been here. I can forward all hate mail to him. Just because I care that much.

I am currently a level 42 ShadowPriest Blood Elf on Hyjal.

LOOK ME UP!
ImageImageImage

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

we still need to grab lunch sometime.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Jesse,

WTF mate? First World of Warcraft gets my sister and her husband, contributing to their social networking and getting new friends in an unfamiliar place. Then my girlfriend's roommates do the same thing, able to connect with distant friends and wreak awesomeness a few days a week. And now you have the nerve to make Justin happy? Have him make a successful elf and everything like that?

I am without words. I must gratuituously use text modifications to convey my shock, surprise, and undismay!

Best,
Sonic#
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Wow, I'm a couple of days late on this post, but cheers. I'm out on Hyjal occasionally too. Night Elf Hunter though, so it'd be kinda hard for me to holla. :)
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Ah, World of Warcraft. You have consumed so much of my life. I have three different 70's, a warrior and rogue on Kil'jaeden, and a warlock on Illidan.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: Lack of Asmodean

Post by Jenner »

I was trying to hang out with Asmodean on his servers, buuuut, it are hards 'cause my other guild EATS MAH SOULZ. ;.; I miss your laid back guild Asmo.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ah, I only have a level 40 and a level 10, and I rarely play.... I find that I'm much happier that way.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re:

Post by phyco126 »

Sonic# wrote: I am without words. I must gratuituously use text modifications to convey my shock, surprise, and undismay!

Best,
Sonic#
Am I the only one that that of Captain Kirk when they saw this part?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Oh WoW, you've done it again!

I'm goin' to try and make a better conscious effort to post more guys. HONEST! The random news of engagements has brought me back!

On a side note.

Asmodean is now Level 70. And on top of that, I now have three other characters.
Mesaana is a Level 23 Warlock Blood Elf.
Belal is a level 6 Mage Blood Elf, I am playin' RIGHT now.
JoarAddam is a level 10 Druid Tauren.

Good times. I still love Asmodean the most.
Sorry I missed you tonight Jenner, I had a horrible headache from openin' on a couple hours sleep, drivin' four hours in a blizzard to come see Jesse, and WoW was not an option.
ImageImageImage

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Forgive me for the dumb question but what is World of Warcraft?

Is it like an online world where 40 people are allowed in a server at once and the world can be fully destroyed etc? Making each server differant? Or is it like Phantasy Star Online where you go around with a few other people and just explore?

I guess I'm a little slow to catch on to this craze.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

World of Warcraft is a MMORPG that, as far as I can tell, runs different servers which are basically different iterations of an entire world. There can be loads of people on a single server at once, in a widely varying degree of locales. Parties can be formed, or people can go around individually.

I'm not sure about the destructability of the world. I'm going to assume that it's fairly stable, and not like Neverwinter Nights, where it is entirely possible to kill every NPC, if you're that vicious. O_o
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

It's entirely possible to kill almost every NPC and PC if you have a large enough group of level 70s, at least in a PVP server where you can raid against the other faction. On my server there was actually a Night Elf rogue that almost stealth through all of Undercity to try to assassinate the two Undead leaders.

SnickieX
Burg Farmer

Post by SnickieX »

I ought to try WoW...in about 6 months when I have a job, and hopefully an apartment with broadband access, for now I'm stuck on dial up, and that doesn't quite work well on the 'net.

I've rather wondered what WoW is liiiiike.

One quick question, is it like Guild Wars in the sense that if you don't find/have a group, or have henchmen/heroes, you will die once you hit the first three enemies? Or is it more of a "You can solo, but not easily, grouping is better" thing? (Like, you can kill shtuff alone, just as long as you're not dumb about it and go get a mass group of enemies.)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Late reply:

You can solo most quests in WoW, and can easily kill most things up to two levels higher than you if you pull them one at a time. The quests that you can't solo are generally marked with Dungeon or Group tags. It is much easier to quest in a group though. Depending on your class and how you play it, pulling a huge group of enemies is either grinding or suicide. For instance, my frost mage can area effect grind the hell out of groups of 7 enemies that are equal to his level, that number will increase as I level him and get more abilities. If I were to try that with my priest, despite the fact that he's a shady... that's suicide.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Well, that's it my friend. WoW has claimed yet another perfectly decent specimen of a man. Now he is corrupted. WoW makes babies cry and kittens die.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

If WoW were WoL instead, you know this forum would cease to exist.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

MiaOne wrote:Well, that's it my friend. WoW has claimed yet another perfectly decent specimen of a man. Now he is corrupted. WoW makes babies cry and kittens die.
It's because most people don't understand the concept of taking things in moderation.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:If WoW were WoL instead, you know this forum would cease to exist.
I'd say that's an accurate statement.