First zombie dream! I think

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

First zombie dream! I think

Post by Kizyr »

I think I've been thinking too much about I Am Legend or something. I had a zombie apocalypse dream the other day.

Ok, so, I've always liked the general story of zombie hordes and all. So I might have had a dream like this before, but this is the first time I had one and clearly remember it. Particularly because I got a call in the morning (sometime after I should've already gotten up) in the middle of the dream, so it stayed somewhat fresh in my mind. I got the call sometime around when I was counting out five-dollar bills in the dream.

I'm kind of happy about that since usually my dreams are really boring. I mean, I have dreams about stuff like going to work, or parking my car. And this wasn't even really scary--just a nice break from the usual mundane dreams I tend to have. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: First zombie dream! I think

Post by GhaleonOne »

I had a nightmare after that movie, actually. It was a really good movie, but really freaky.

That's weird about your dreams though. I always have crazy dreams. Very vivid emotions, adventures, etc. Almost nightly, and while I can usually remember some of them when I wake up, they fade away within a day or two most of the time.

(in fact, this morning, I do remember waking up, having been taking a photograph of a coyote attacking an elk at one of the places I stop at in Colorado, and another coyote attacking me when I wasn't expecting it)
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, to have more boring dreams.

No, I have fairly normal dreams most of the time, but even in them, the world is askew. At best, the closest analogue is a Neil Gaiman story. At worst, it takes a dive into the likes of Clive Barker or the Twilight Zone. With countless other parallels that are less easy to describe.

I've had apocalyptic dreams before, but never zombie apocalypse ones that I remember. Why were you counting five dollar bills?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:I've had apocalyptic dreams before, but never zombie apocalypse ones that I remember. Why were you counting five dollar bills?
I was with some group of survivors and did something to help them out. Me and someone else with me were on our way to another location; so before we left, the leader offered a payment as a little thanks, as it was all he could offer. In this zombie scenario, people still traded paper currency, and I preferred smaller denominations, so I started counting out five-dollar bills as part of the payment--I think it was going to be $200 in total. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Meh, can't say that I was impressed by the movie adaption (any of them), the book is much better if you want something to think on.

Apocalyptic dreams are kind of fun, especially when you remember everything when you wake up. I frequently find myself question whether or not the food I ate before going to sleep was still good or not when that happens xD
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ozone wrote:Meh, can't say that I was impressed by the movie adaption (any of them), the book is much better if you want something to think on.
I'm sure it is. But I assess books and movies separately, so it doesn't matter to me how faithful it is to the book. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I haven't seen I Am Legend yet (I'll probably wait for it to come out on video), but as for The Last Man on Earth... I was impressed by it. So much so that when I saw part of it on TV last night, I marvelled at it being in black and white. For me, the movie had been so vivid for me that I could've sworn it had been in color.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

"I am Legend" was better than I expected. *spoilers* It actually got my eyes teary.. that poor puppy. And Will Smith has come a long way and did a good job, in my opinion. And Zombies..they are always fun ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

... I was saving that bacon.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I thought I Am Legend was a pretty good zombie flick. Keep in mind though that type of film generally isn't my thing. I watched it with friends who are really into the whole zombie genre, and they didn't seem to like it as much. I think it sorta had a "Been there. Done that." feel to them (Sorta like my reaction to Juno, I guess). Also, one friend said, "I would have liked it better if the dog didn't die". (Underline for spoilers.) But that one was kinda obvious.

Also, the ending did seem a bit abrupt.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I have zombie dreams often and all of them are different scenarios and highly vivid. I could make movies or write books on them they are so vivid. I was born to fight zombies, I think. It's pretty scary, actually, now that I think about it...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......