Lunar Magic School up on eBay!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
CatMan
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Magic School up on eBay!

Post by CatMan »

Since I can't afford it right now, I thought I'd give other Lunar freaks a chance at this rare game:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =WDVW&rd=1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eh, it's not that rare. Well, maybe I should correct myself; I don't see the Game Gear one up all that often, and I think there was someone here who was looking for it. I didn't realize at first that you meant Walking School.

CatMan
Meryod Yokel

Post by CatMan »

Yeah, sorry. I'm always getting them confused since they're basically the same game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*nods* We treat them somewhat interchangeably, since almost no one knows enough about them to need to distinguish. ;) But the Game Gear one is notably more rare than the Saturn one. Might want to edit your post topic, if you can.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Can Walking School be played on like a Game Gear I purchased in the U.S.? Stupid question...just wondering though.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There's no region lockout for Game Gear (or other handhelds, for that matter). So a Japanese game will work in a US Game Gear.

Folks get the games confused (Walking School and Magic School, I mean). But, aside from the characters and the idea that they're at a magic school, almost everything about the games is different. The storyline (except maybe the beginning and ending), the battles, half the characters, and so on. The Saturn one also has a horried encounter rate. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Kizyr wrote:There's no region lockout for Game Gear (or other handhelds, for that matter). So a Japanese game will work in a US Game Gear.

Folks get the games confused (Walking School and Magic School, I mean). But, aside from the characters and the idea that they're at a magic school, almost everything about the games is different. The storyline (except maybe the beginning and ending), the battles, half the characters, and so on. The Saturn one also has a horried encounter rate. KF

So which one is better? Walking School or Magic School?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

MiaOne wrote:
Kizyr wrote:There's no region lockout for Game Gear (or other handhelds, for that matter). So a Japanese game will work in a US Game Gear.

So which one is better? Walking School or Magic School?

Magic School (for Saturn) is about 10,000 times better than Walking School. The down-side at this point is that there's no Magic School walkthrough. Maybe a year from now there will be a complete one... depends on how the next couple months play out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)