DragonCon, anyone?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

DragonCon, anyone?

Post by Kizyr »

Fresh off the heels of Otakon, now I'll be going to DragonCon in Atlanta.

I'll be going with my sister, so we'll probably be hanging out together most of the time. But, if anyone here is going (like Sonic#?) we might be able to meet up a few times there.

How about it? Anyone? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Re: DragonCon, anyone?

Post by LuciaOne »

WRONG CON!! Come to GenCon, where the pleasant odor of nerds (who only leave their basement once a year for this very occasion- myself included?), will surely last a lifetime in your memories!!
:D
It is this weekend in Indiana. And Indiana is waaaaaaaay cooler than Atlanta.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm only on for a minute (using connection at Panera and girlfriend is being patient with me using her internet connection), but we'll both be there for most of the weekend, since we're in town. I guess we can make plans when I have more time/when the time is closer.

Anyone else?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I'll be going? I think? I missed last year so this year for sure! I wish I had something to dress up in.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I'll see what I can do, it's been awhile since I've seen Anne McCaffery.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Jenner wrote:I'll see what I can do, it's been awhile since I've seen Anne McCaffery.
A while?! So... so you've seen her?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

LuciaOne wrote:WRONG CON!! Come to GenCon, where the pleasant odor of nerds (who only leave their basement once a year for this very occasion- myself included?), will surely last a lifetime in your memories!!
:D
It is this weekend in Indiana. And Indiana is waaaaaaaay cooler than Atlanta.
I was at Gencon last year! It was really neat, but I couldn't make it out there this year. A couple of comedians that I've met performed a show there this year. I wish I coulda been there.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok so, DragonCon is this upcoming weekend. I really don't know what the schedule is like yet, but how 'bout we just pick one of the days to meet up? I'll be flying in Thursday evening, and leaving on Monday afternoon/evening. So, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday works for me.

I'll also be there with my sister, so part of it depends on what she'll want to do. But once we settle on a day, we can figure out a schedule and time that's most convenient for everyone (at conventions, early/mid afternoon tends to work the best). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'll just say Friday out of the blue, but Friday and Sunday both work best for me. And I should be there before the afternoon on both days. (For me Saturday tends to be my track-heaviest day, so I'd most likely be busy.)
Sonic#

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, due to my sister's work and flight issues, I don't think I could make it Friday afternoon. So, it'll have to be Saturday.

Since it's late in the week, Sonic# and Sadrin, I'll PM both of you my phone number. Feel free to PM me yours in return. I'll try to figure out something on Thursday/Friday.

For now, let's tentatively plan, like, a late lunch on Saturday @ 3PM? (I really recommend this time, since restaurants in any convention area tend to be madly packed if you try to hit them at usual lunchtime.) We can figure out anything to do thereafter at that time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

So we had a get-together at Dragon*con! It ended up just being Kizyr, his sister, my fiancee, and I. It was pretty fun; I haven't met many of the people I know from the internet at all, so it was a little surreal but fun.

Just in case anyone was wondering... sorry we missed you, Sadrin!
Sonic#

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Argh! So sorry I couldn't make it! I ended up having to move over the weekend. I had a really crazy roomate!! I really wish I had went! Did you guys happen to take pictures??
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

It was fun. I took a bit of video, but since it wasn't just me and Sonic#, I'd rather not post it.

Meetup was fun, though. Sorry about the little wild goose chase for an uncrowded restaurant. But hey, we still got together in the end! And, none of us missed our 4:00 panels. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)