McCain selects running mate

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: McCain selects running mate

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Different case, this was the fact that as the president you are supposed to lead the country, not cheat on your wife with your interns.
*Shrug* Did cheating on his wife affect his running of the country? No, not really. :P

Granted, I was 12 when all of that went down, but I still think Clinton was a fairly decent president. Impeachment on those grounds was bull. I'd give the President a blow job, too, if the opportunity ever came up. It'd be a neat story to tell the kids.
Did I mention I was running for president? =P

Seriously though, I never said I approved the impeachment process. Just seems a bit, eh.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

lulz maru.

the sad thing is, there's so much ELSE wrong with this woman, that there's no need to mention bristol. seriously. i feel bad for the girl, because there's no way in hell that girl actually had a choice (no matter what the republicans claim. which is also questionable--why stress that bristol had a choice when you're against choice?), and i've known a number of girls that married the boys who knocked them up. the marriages crumbled within five years. that includes my mother. marrying "for the kids" is a decision that is patently unwise. at best, they realize they're just not right for eachother. at worst, they make another kid while they realize they despise eachother.

this woman's mentality is outdated. she does not consider the wisdom of her actions. she does not seem to realize that the world is a strange and complicated place. she's just wrong.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:
meg wrote:because the coverage of that scandal meant she had to explain to her children what a blowjob is.
*smacks forehead* Wow. I would have rather learned that from my mother as opposed to learning it from those who partook in the act in middle school. :roll: Seriously.
Why the hell would you want that? That's an awkward subject to hear about from your mother. If I had to hear my MOM talk about sexual things it'd have to sound all kinds of clinical. There's nothing clinical about head.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

All I know is that with Clinton in office we had 8 years of growth and general happiness in America. At the very least we weren't scared of everything collapsing around us.

As Chris Rock put it: "We've made money for the first time in 20 years! Now we got some dough! The LEAST you can do is suck his dick!"

(please don't take literally, it's a quote from a comedy skit)
-Nobi

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Why the hell would you want that? That's an awkward subject to hear about from your mother. If I had to hear my MOM talk about sexual things it'd have to sound all kinds of clinical. There's nothing clinical about head.
i'm pretty sure all she told us was that it was a sex act. my mother would rather curl up and die than discuss sex with her kids. she gave me a book to read on puberty when i was 11. that was the whole of her interaction on the subject. my mother handled herself so primly regarding everything sexual and gender-related, that i needed opted out of sex ed when it was introduced in 4th grade. not because i wasn't ready for the info--but because the class was mixed gender and i thought everything was supposed to be a secret. i freaked out over the boys being present. i was too young to express that (it was secret!), so i ended up opted out of ALL sex ed. up through 10th grade.

parents are hilarious.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:All I know is that with Clinton in office we had 8 years of growth and general happiness in America. At the very least we weren't scared of everything collapsing around us.
In all fairness, that internet boom had little to do with Clinton. Plus, Clinton administration policies (done with the intention of helping more Americans buy houses) helped us get into our current mess.

There's a good chance the next administration will have a nice recession on the their hands, but it's not necessarily Obama (or McCain's) fault.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

i saw that skit, phyco. it was GREAT. which naturally means that mccain's mouthpieces are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-GL7c5xzBI calling it sexist.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I read the headlines but I never saw it. I thought the skit was pretty great. I honestly don't see how it is sexist, and even if it is, its SNL... taking them seriously is like taking Bush seriously during Katrina. =P

"I don't agree with the Bush Doctrine"
"I don't even know what that is..."

Hehehe.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/po ... te.html?hp

I'm sorry, but if she can't handle a measly debate like everyone else, she's NOT qualified for the position!
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Mmmmmm...

Actually, the Republicans are being very smart.

They're setting the bar for Palin very, very low. They're setting up the expectations of the American People to believe she's going to get hosed.

The lower your expectations, the easier it is to beat them...and look damn good doing it.

Kind of like, if a first grader does third grade math, that's impressive. By setting her up to be a first grader, then...if she manages third grade math, she looks good.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

A Robot
Burg Farmer

Post by A Robot »

Observation: that pathetic fleshy organism, while atrociously disgusting, is uniquely appealing.
Admission: This unit would totally tap that.

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

I voted McCain, and I like Palin a lot... but I probably won't vote for her if she runs in 2012, unless she's the Republican nominee. She jumped into the national spotlight too quicly and just needs to settle down.

Personally, I'm hoping Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal will run next time.