Help name my cat.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Help name my cat.

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

So I got a new black cat. I already have two black cats. This'll me by third fully black female cat. Mia is taken already. You guys know that I'm wanting it Lunar related. Thanks!

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Help name my cat.

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Royce, maybe?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Lucifer. Satan. Spawn of Hell. Eh. Black cats are evil.

Lunar wise... Quark, Fido, Fidy, root beer...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Name her Poe in honor of Poe's "Black Cat."

Or... name it Felicia as a female form of Felix.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Or you can just name it N3wb. That was the name of my cat. :( I miss him.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

You already have Mia, how about Lemina?
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Did Borgan have a cat? You could name it after that! :-P
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Too bad, namewise, that she's a girl. The Black Dragon in Lunar Legend was named Rubeus. That's the only game that names the dragons, though; I think the black dragon is female in one of the others (EBC?) but she doesn't have a name.

Let's see. Dark Althena is called Black Luhna in the Japanese artbooks. And, of course, in addition to Royce, there's Xenobia and Barua (in Magic School). Associating black with evil is rather stereotyped, though.

In EB, there's an Onyx Cane, I'm pretty sure, although going from that to Onyx is kind of obscure. Of course, speaking of obscure, there are dozens of female names in the games (and other material), most of which are never noticed. I can look up my character chart when I get home, if you want.

What's the cat's personality like, or have you not had her long enough to find out? I'd had my first two kittens for two months before they acquired names other than Black Kitty and Black And White Kitty. (And that was mainly because I got three more kittens, two of which were black and white. All five of them were named that evening.)

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Yeah, the Black Dragon was female in EBC, but nameless. You could go with Black Dragon Kitty. That's not clunky at all :D Or, for another suggestion: Fresca.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You could just do what my roommate does. He has an orange cat and a grey cat. He calls them "Grey Kitten" and "Orange Kitten". Makes it easy.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Although every cat I've owned has had a name, sometimes I wonder why people name cats. They don't even respond to their name most of the time. On the other hand, dogs seem to learn their names pretty easily.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Werefrog wrote:Although every cat I've owned has had a name, sometimes I wonder why people name cats. They don't even respond to their name most of the time. On the other hand, dogs seem to learn their names pretty easily.
That's cause dogs > cats. *flees*
-G1

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Cats can come when you call, if they are cool and not stuck-up.

My kitty (Gerald, named after the great president) comes whenever I call him, even if he's asleep on the other side of the house- he'll usually wake up and come running. He follows me around and sleeps next to me or on my lap all the time (aka best cat ever).

As for names ... hmm. Nota? :D Jasmine (item in TSS)?
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The best one I can come up with is Black Rose. The only other one that keeps coming to mind is Soap...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

So I like Fresca and she likes Royce. She says everyone's gonna think about the soda, I say everyone's gonna think about Rolls-Royce cars. lol

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Seven. (Anyone here a Seinfeld fan?)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:So I like Fresca and she likes Royce. She says everyone's gonna think about the soda, I say everyone's gonna think about Rolls-Royce cars. lol
Hehe. In that case it's just which mistake you'd be more willing to have happen, and when you explain it, which way you'd rather clear it up.

Personally, I think that I would be more likely to think of the soda than the car...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The soda is in fact where Fresca's (US) name came from. :P That's why she says in TSS that it's short for Franchesca -- misdirection. (She's Pilya in the Japanese games.)

I feel rather silly for not having thought of Black Rose Street before.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

So we figured Royce sounded better and fit the cat.