We're Not Dead Yet! (Formerly: Dead...)

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Dead...

Post by Blue_Goddess »

well, i'm now a college student. I took up BS Nursing so I'm definitely busy studying/reviewing my notes since we have quizzes almost everyday. I rarely touch the computer. I only touch it if it's really needed (research and stuff).
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:Then we shall do something else.

Kizzie, have you been to the zoo recently?? I haven't gone in YYYEEEAAARRSSS! The one up here SUCKS. I think there are a few museum additions since I left, but I dunno if that's your thing. But we can talk about that when I decide to visit home. Mmmm. :)
I'm not as big on zoos (aquariums, yeah, but with zoos it really depends on who I'm with). I'm a pretty regular visit to museums, though. I go to at least one of the Smithsonians two or three times a month, depending on what exhibits are in, and I'm usually on top of any of the more interesting ones that come through.

We should go to the International Spy Museum. I've never been before (since there's an admission fee and it's not as much fun if you go by yourself, whereas the other museums I can enjoy by myself or with other people). I don't drink, but at the better places there's way more offered than just alcohol (like, Coco Sala, Afterwords, etc. come to mind). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:

Kizzie, have you been to the zoo recently?? I haven't gone in YYYEEEAAARRSSS! The one up here SUCKS. I think there are a few museum additions since I left, but I dunno if that's your thing. But we can talk about that when I decide to visit home. Mmmm. :)
I'm not as big on zoos (aquariums, yeah, but with zoos it really depends on who I'm with). I'm a pretty regular visit to museums, though. I go to at least one of the Smithsonians two or three times a month, depending on what exhibits are in, and I'm usually on top of any of the more interesting ones that come through.

We should go to the International Spy Museum. I've never been before (since there's an admission fee and it's not as much fun if you go by yourself, whereas the other museums I can enjoy by myself or with other people). I don't drink, but at the better places there's way more offered than just alcohol (like, Coco Sala, Afterwords, etc. come to mind). KF
I've never been there beefffoooorrree!! I would LOVE to go. That would be ball'n. :D Wait, admission fee? That's queer. How much is it? That's one thing I HATE about Philly. The museum costs about 20 bucks to get in for civilians, but with my school I.D. it's still 5. Lame. That's 5 bucks I could be using for a hand-job in a back alley.

My brother doesn't work at Afterwords anymore, but I think there are some people there who'll still remember me. That place is just soooooo goooooodddddd.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:
Kizyr wrote:

I've never been there beefffoooorrree!! I would LOVE to go. That would be ball'n. :D Wait, admission fee? That's queer. How much is it? That's one thing I HATE about Philly. The museum costs about 20 bucks to get in for civilians, but with my school I.D. it's still 5. Lame. That's 5 bucks I could be using for a hand-job in a back alley.

My brother doesn't work at Afterwords anymore, but I think there are some people there who'll still remember me. That place is just soooooo goooooodddddd.
Philly's parking rates are hella expensive too. =/ But $5 for a handjob? Obviously, I missed the better parts of philly when I was there. XD

Wait... hand job? You don't have anything there to have done!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:I've never been there beefffoooorrree!! I would LOVE to go. That would be ball'n. :D Wait, admission fee? That's queer. How much is it? That's one thing I HATE about Philly. The museum costs about 20 bucks to get in for civilians, but with my school I.D. it's still 5. Lame. That's 5 bucks I could be using for a hand-job in a back alley.
The Smithsonian sort of spoils you with its free admission--it's definitely done that for me. Anyway, the fee's $18 (though it's possible if you're lucky to get in for $1), but from what I hear it's definitely worth it.

I could cover the fee for you in exchange for your, uh, back-alley rates.

There's other stuff that I'm meaning to see also, and I'm sure whenever you're in town I'd have a few things in mind museum wise. (Right now I'm meaning to see an exhibit from Maya Lin at the Corcoran, and... I'd like to find someone else to go with me to a Civil War Musical at Ford's Theater. I wonder if anyone will find it funny or in poor taste if I yell "sic semper tyrranus!" in the middle of the performance...)
phyco126 wrote:Wait... hand job? You don't have anything there to have done!
Oh phyco... And here I thought you had more experience with this. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Wait... hand job? You don't have anything there to have done!
Oh phyco... And here I thought you had more experience with this. KF
This reminds me of a scene from Chasing Amy. Hey look, I found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1O4quc ... re=related Start at about 2:25. Warning not safe for work or people under 18. To quote the movie, I move to have that remark stricken from the record as it makes you seem completely naive and infantile.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:The Smithsonian sort of spoils you with its free admission--it's definitely done that for me. Anyway, the fee's $18 (though it's possible if you're lucky to get in for $1), but from what I hear it's definitely worth it.

I could cover the fee for you in exchange for your, uh, back-alley rates.

There's other stuff that I'm meaning to see also, and I'm sure whenever you're in town I'd have a few things in mind museum wise. (Right now I'm meaning to see an exhibit from Maya Lin at the Corcoran, and... I'd like to find someone else to go with me to a Civil War Musical at Ford's Theater. I wonder if anyone will find it funny or in poor taste if I yell "sic semper tyrranus!" in the middle of the performance...)
$18 ain't bad. I can do that. :D

Yeah, sure! It's been so long since I've palled around the Mall, and I would love to just do whatever.

Maya Lin is amazing; I looooove her Memorial and Architectural work. What's being presented at the Corcoran?

Also, my back-alley rates differ from alleyway to alleyway. Depends on what part of town I'm in. ;)
phyco126 wrote:Philly's parking rates are hella expensive too. =/ But $5 for a handjob? Obviously, I missed the better parts of philly when I was there. XD

Wait... hand job? You don't have anything there to have done!
Which is why you search for free parking. :o

Hey. You never know. I really could be a man.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Maru wrote:Hey. You never know. I really could be a man.
*Austin Powers voice*

That's not a woman... it's a MAN, baby!
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:$18 ain't bad. I can do that. :D
Yeah, sure! It's been so long since I've palled around the Mall, and I would love to just do whatever.
Maya Lin is amazing; I looooove her Memorial and Architectural work. What's being presented at the Corcoran?
It's an installation called Systematic Landscapes (link here). It runs until July 12th (although I'll be on vacation from June 26-July 12, so I'll be seeing it sometime before mid-June either way). Admission's $10, but it looks really fascinating, and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of modern art.
Maru wrote:Also, my back-alley rates differ from alleyway to alleyway. Depends on what part of town I'm in. ;)
...there are so many things I'm trying to resist saying in response to this...
Aw, screw it.
- What if the "part of town" is my apartment?
- I can offer you an even exchange, and...
- I'm willing to take a chance and find out.

You also gotta check out George's place sometime. His place is kickin'. Seriously. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:Oh phyco... And here I thought you had more experience with this. KF
Well, I just thought that if a girl wanted something done to her, she need'nt have to pay to get it done.
It'll be like my drunken college days! Wait... I don't have those days... then what was that day with... oh god...

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Sigh I'm a little late joining in here but I've been pretty busy.

School - Taking 8 classes (i know i'm crazy)
Work - Just finished a show and now i'm working on a variety show of sorts etc.
Pets - feed walk pet etc.

So i've been neglecting L-net....

Facebookers r u in the Lunar group? Strength in numbers :)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

There is a lunar group?!

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah there is a Lunar group! It has the SSSC cover art for the group icon.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Oh phyco... And here I thought you had more experience with this. KF
Well, I just thought that if a girl wanted something done to her, she need'nt have to pay to get it done.
Oh no. You said "You don't have anything there to have done!" Nothing about "You don't need to pay for that!" The words are already there; you can't retract on them now. But if you so choose, you may have them stricken from the record, a la Chasing Amy.
Monde Luna wrote:Yeah there is a Lunar group! It has the SSSC cover art for the group icon.
...why do I not know about this? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well then... I plead the 5th, and choose to have then stricken from record.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:It's an installation called Systematic Landscapes (link here). It runs until July 12th (although I'll be on vacation from June 26-July 12, so I'll be seeing it sometime before mid-June either way). Admission's $10, but it looks really fascinating, and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of modern art.
I'm not a huge fan of Modern Art either (and this comes from someone who went to frigg'n art school, where it's defended rampantly), but Lin's work is beautiful. Generally, the Corcoran has never disappointed me. Go, whilst you still can!! When I was younger, they had a wonderful exhibition where it was impressionist work in 3D! Installations of the pieces themselves, and you could walk through them! Amaaazzziinnnggg.
Kizyr wrote:...there are so many things I'm trying to resist saying in response to this...
Aw, screw it.
- What if the "part of town" is my apartment?
- I can offer you an even exchange, and...
Well, what part of town is your apartment in? The price has a drastic increase in Georgetown, just so you know, only because I want to go shopping at FCUK with my hand-job monies.
Kizyr wrote:You also gotta check out George's place sometime. His place is kickin'. Seriously. KF
No shizz? Mayhap. If I find a dress at FCUK I really want, you both can get lucky! ...For a price. >:[
phyco126 wrote:There is a lunar group?!
Go to my page and search under my groups (there's a lot of crap to sift through, but you'll get there!). Alayna, Julie and I are all members, and I'm the Admin. If you want a title, just FB message me.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:Well, what part of town is your apartment in? The price has a drastic increase in Georgetown, just so you know, only because I want to go shopping at FCUK with my hand-job monies.
I'm in Arlington (Crystal City), but we can stop by Georgetown afterwards if you'd like. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Kizyr wrote:
Monde Luna wrote:Yeah there is a Lunar group! It has the SSSC cover art for the group icon.
...why do I not know about this? KF
I have no idea, actually I am surprised it's never been mentioned on L-net before. I would have thought someone from L-net would have made a group to support the forums.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Well, I'm in the group, now that I know about it.
That is, assuming Maru's confirmed me. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah, your on the list. :)