We're Not Dead Yet! (Formerly: Dead...)

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

We're Not Dead Yet! (Formerly: Dead...)

Post by phyco126 »

So... its kinda dead around here. So I am going to take this opportunity to ask everyone what exactly they have been up to lately?

Myself, I have been keeping busy with school and work. In the first week (last week) of school for this quarter, I excelled myself ahead to being about 4 weeks ahead of my first class. Not ahead on the second class, but not behind. I will likely end up ahead in that class, but its a more difficult class than the first, so we'll see. In the mean time, I've been enjoying my stepdad's sports car.
Last edited by Kizyr on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title to be more appropriate! KF

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Re: Dead...

Post by Asmodean »

I work a lot, play video games, mostly WoW, Resident Evil 5, I eat every now and then, watch some Chelsea Lately, play some Pokemon, and every now and then I sleep.

...that's about it.

I was also de-friended on MySpace by someone on here. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

>.> SHAMEFUL PLUG!
http://www.myspace.com/xxxasmodeanxxx
-OR-
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
ImageImageImage

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

You know, I had actually been wondering why it's been so dead too.

I haven't been up to much. I've just been working on typical school stuff *coughIHateEnglishcough* and worrying about college. I'm actually really nervous about going into college. D:

I actually haven't been playing any games until recently. I really wanted to play a game on Saturday, but I had no idea what to play. I was sitting there thinking, "What game have I not really played yet?" so I looked around my room and noticed my untouched Metal Gear Solid Essential collection sitting on my shelf. I had originally bought it just because it was $20 for 3 games, I had never played the series before that or really cared to play it.

So, I pull out Metal Gear Solid and played it. Wow. I didn't think I would like it but...heck, it's fun! It's DEFINITELY NOT what I was expecting it to be at all! I was frustrated on Saturday though, because I kept getting gameovered at a really easy part at the beginning of the game (easy yesterday, anyway not on Saturday) I heard BOTH the chicks scream "SNAKE!! SNAKE!!!" about 20 times before I had to shut it off because I couldn't take their screams anymore, lol. "SNAAAAAKE" was engraved in my brain the rest of Saturday night. -_-;

Yesterday I made it to what I would call my first boss since he had an HP bar. After I beat him, the game got really awesome with about 5 minutes of cutscene of that explanation stuff. I had to stop it after the cutscene stuff though. I hope I'm not too busy tonight because...I want to play more! XD

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Asmodean wrote:
I deleted my MySpace a few days ago, if you're referring to me. It wasn't anything personal, but it'd been over six months since I had been on there, and I didn't feel like just letting an unused profile sit around forever. I'm still friends with you Justin!

I'm writing a ton and a half write now (yes, 3000 pounds worth). I'm also reading more than ever for class. Friday I read a book, only to check my e-mail and find that the professor decided to change books for next week. That's what I get for getting ahead... and it's not the first time it happened either.

I've been playing Dragon Quest V for the DS, I may be getting Warhammer after my free trial expires, and I recently bought the third season of Slayers, so I'm going through that.

And I watched Dune yesterday with bigger geeks than me.

"Did they try and fail?" "They tried and died!"
"Put your hand in the box."
"You did not hear this. I am not here."
"Stop! She knows... the weirding way."
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've just been busy... I finally managed to catch up on a bunch of stuff that I'd put on hold, but I'm by no means done yet. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Been working on the final draft of my book and playing Dragon Quest V (almost done). Also working on hybrid style to do two sets of illustrations. That way if I get an interested publisher they have a choice between a straight up manga style (my usual), or a hybrid. Also helping my sister move back home (she's planning to sell her house). Oh, and working out 'cause I've gotta lose another 40 lbs. before year's end.

Right now, dead = busy.
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Eh. I haven't been doing too much. Just reading for classes, preparing for an exam that I have to take before I can start my next program, and that's about it. I've done some comedy stuff now and then, but I'm going to take a break before I go back on stage. I think I need to reevaluate some things right now. I'll probably write some of my thoughts about what's going on for my sake and add it to my jokes thread due to my large ego.

But yeah, that's about. Classwork, preparing for an exam that I have to pass before I take more classes, and finally comedy. Oh yeah! Some Dragon Quest V has been mixed in there as well as watching re-runs of Arrested Development.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

well.

we had to cancel our health insurance. i had to request forbearance (a break, essentially) on my school loans. we are doing the best we can to live as cheaply as we can, because i can't seem find steady work, and the promises i'd been given regarding art or comics work seem to be on permanent hiatus.

so, in the meantime, i'm setting up a new webcomic with a friend. example panels. and babysitting. and watching Death Proof on repeat.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

meg wrote:example panels.
Coooooool. :o
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I should add that I'm currently battleing myself about the decision to buy an xbox 360. I got the money, lord knows I have the money... but do I *really* want to spend money on a system and games I probably won't even play? I mean, I will obviously play it some, but after a while it gets boring playing alone. Even with friends, PC games I play now I can't get into. Most of it is because I'm so tired and I rather get things done (such as catch up on every subsite at icanhascheezburger.com and read every article from cracked.com) than to "waste" time playing a game. Because we all know reading humor sites aren't wasting time. Lawl.

Though, on the other hand, I find myself spending about 10 hours a week reading stuff on wikipedia.com.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote: Though, on the other hand, I find myself spending about 10 hours a week reading stuff on wikipedia.com.
I go through phases of that. My favorite things to read about are comic book characters and animals. I don't know why.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'll read about anything, really. From fictional characters to movies, from sciences to the more, um, immature, topics. =P

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Hah so I'm not alone on that thing :D. Once I hit wikipedia, I just keep pressing those damn links on it.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Werefrog wrote:
phyco126 wrote: Though, on the other hand, I find myself spending about 10 hours a week reading stuff on wikipedia.com.
I go through phases of that. My favorite things to read about are comic book characters and animals. I don't know why.
For me, it's old videogames and videogame history that I get stuck reading about, Wikipedia or otherwise.
-Nobi

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

They make those links so convenient i hop on to look for one little fact and then i end up skimming over something that looks good so i click it open, bam 2 hours later and i'm reading something completely unrelated to what i was looking for and still never finished my first article.

I'v been pretty tied up with school also. and i'm gonna have to start looking for a better paying job this summer. I haven't touched any games in a while just to much stuff to do and not enough hours in the day.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Sonic# wrote:
Asmodean wrote:
I deleted my MySpace a few days ago, if you're referring to me. It wasn't anything personal, but it'd been over six months since I had been on there, and I didn't feel like just letting an unused profile sit around forever. I'm still friends with you Justin!
It's all good, I just keep tabs on things like that. It's how I roll.
ImageImageImage

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Let's see, over the past few weeks I've been -

- playing with the cats
- work work work work work WORK
- traveling to see family and fight in judo tournaments
- got my brown belt in jujitsu and almost have everything together for my second degree brown in judo
- paid off my car. (my mother's uncle died and left a crapload of money to her, her brother, and their cousin, and my parents decided to share :)
- bought a wii (see above)
- making plans for Acen this year (YAY!)
- attempting to reach out more (speaking of which, does anyone here hang out in irc at all? and if so, where?)
- did I mention playing with the cats?
- watching too much 80's television on youtube (you can't do that on television is still hilarious after all these years, and you just can't beat the muppet show)
- cooking, eating, sleeping, etc.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

When I click on a link inside another wikipedia article, I call it wikilink.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

phyco126 wrote:When I click on a link inside another wikipedia article, I call it wikilink.
nice i'm gonna start using that its like hyperlink but for wikipedia. genius pure genius why didn't i think of that.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Stalking yooouuuu. I'm the hot one.

---

Uuum. I've just been sleeping. Oh, and playing with my cats, masturbating, hanging out with my friendly friend-friends, traveling to Jersey, New York and Philly haunts, and drinking. Lots of L4D.

Sometimes modeling, sometimes painting, dreaming up my next photo project.

Charles, you know what I'm up to. xD Facebook stalker. ;)