Well, tomorrow should be a fun day!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Well, tomorrow should be a fun day!

Post by phyco126 »

So, I purchased a TV, Xbox 360 Elite, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith (with the guitar). I also picked up an extra guitar and an extra controller for Halo 3. I already have the TV in my room (Its so purdy *purrs*) and my old school xbox hooked up to use the DVD Player. I might add, Halo 2 looks pretty nice on it.

Anyway, the rest of the stuff won't arrive until tomorrow, that is when the fun will begin. I wonder how well I could play Guitar Hero 3 while drunk...

Oh, and does the Xbox 360 have a DVD player? Or am I just gonna have to keep using my xbox for that?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Well, tomorrow should be a fun day!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Pretty sure it plays DVDs, but I know it also has the HD-DVD add-on (not that it's worth much considering the format is dead).

Might I suggest picking up Project Sylpheed? It was only $40 new when it came out, so it's probably even less now, and it's a really good game. Not to mention, GameArts developed it.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, one thing I forgot to add to this post of mine: game suggestions! I need themz! G1, I'll look into it. What Genre is it?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

If you're into old school RPGs and don't mind cliched stories, Blue Dragon is fun.

Lost Odyssey is good too, but more cinematic and a bit harder.

If you like Tales of, Tales of Vesparia is a no brainer.

I've heard the new Star Ocean should be avoided like the plague though.
-Nobi

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Honestly, I don't even know how to classify it's genre. It's the kind of game Working Designs probably would have picked up back in the day though. GameArts developed with RPG elements infused into another genre. It's kinda difficult to get the hang of the game, but really fun and interesting once you do. Think RPG meets Star Wars.

http://www.microsoft.com/xbox/projectsylpheed/

That's the official site. And a quick look at GameStop's website and it's listed as $13 used. Definitely worth that.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

GhaleonOne wrote:Pretty sure it plays DVDs, but I know it also has the HD-DVD add-on (not that it's worth much considering the format is dead).

Might I suggest picking up Project Sylpheed? It was only $40 new when it came out, so it's probably even less now, and it's a really good game. Not to mention, GameArts developed it.
Now I know what to get my brother for his birthday. I'd forgotten about the game, and it sounds perfect. Thanks!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

OMFG YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ADD MY GAMER TAG ADD MY GAMER TAG!!!!! eva vox

YES YES YES WE CAN PLAY RE5 AND L4D AND TALK ON HEADSETS BECAUSE WE ARE SO EFFING COOL AND OMG OMG OMG YAY I AM MORE HAPPY THAN I SHOULD BE BUT IT'S 6 AM AND I'M STILL AWAAAAAKKKKEEEEE HORRAY!

As for RPGs, avoid Eternal Sonata. 5 minutes in and I was like, HWARF.

Bioshock is bueno. And Dead Space. YAY! Fable II is -Fatal Hopper- fun also. And I missed an achievement, so I can use you to get it, muahaha.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Not so sure on RE5, I lost interest into the series back at RE3, and was really disenchanted when the zombies got super strength and speed and the game because so fast paced I had trouble watching someone play it. I'll keep it in mind though.

-Fable II? Whats that about?
-Dead Space; Yeah, I guess I'll have to get it, I keep being told I have to buy it.
-BioShock; Hmmm... one of my friends liked it, but I'm not even sure what the heck it is, haha.
-Project Whajamacallit: I'll look into getting that too, it looks fun
-Blue Dragon: I needed an RPG, I'll look into this
-Never Played the Tales Of series
-I've always avoided Star Ocean, after a friend of mine played it and got bored with 10 hours of dialog and 1 minute of game play (exageration).

Any other games?

And Sarah, if it makes you feel any better, its 6am here too! =P Of course, I just woke up versus, what I'm assuming is, you being up all night? Thats fun too! I do it all the time, har har (work).

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

Dead Space - 3rd person shooter - Survival Horror - Takes place in a huge mining ship in space, as an engineer Issac(he doesn't talk), you and your crew go to fix some problem on the ship and see Issac's wife but only to find aliens has killed everyone and you get separated from your crew. - Controls take a bit to get use to but nothing serious, a good amount of weapons in the game but it's actually easier to only play with the first gun you get, has an in-game store where you can buy, sell, upgrade your armor, but the game's main aspect is instead of getting headshot as weakness, you have to dismember your enemy's limbs, not too hard, not too easy, the anti-gravity portions of it was abit dizzying but interesting. - It's not a bad game. (Interesting easter egg but a spoiler though, take the first letter of each chapter and make a sentence out of it)

Bioshock - 1st person shooter - Survial Horror/Science Fiction - Takes place in the 20's/30's era, your plane crashes over the ocean and you find yourself in a city built under the sea. Due to a drug that causes genetic alterations and mental deterioration, the residents of the city have became violent. - Your character is a silent protaganist that can either be good or evil depending on an action you choose in the game (good if you save the little sister, or evil if you harvest them) but being good nets you better upgrades and play experience in the long run. In addition to guns you find, you have genetic powers you can use, like fire, ice, lightning, telekintics, BEES!!!, etcs. You can buy ammo different types of ammo from vending machine with the money you find lying around and purchase upgrades in the game with a certain type of currency to upgrade your character with more or new abilities to use. The game has a very interesting story, I don't want to ruin anymore than I already did. Unforunately, the game is very easy. When you die, there are respawn points all over every level so you can die as much as you want without penalty except the last boss fight. - Definitely need to play this game, what other game you can shoot BEES out of your arm?

Resident Evil 5 - 3rd person shooter -Survial Horror/Action - 10 years after the Racoon City accident (Resident Evil 2/3), you play as Chris Redfield, a survivor from RE1 working for an organization known as the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance hunting down Biological Organic Weapons (Basically big monsters, zombies, etc.) - Like it predessor RE4 but with a different inventory system, an A.I. partner, and with less survival and more action. Your A.I. partner is not very good, it wastes too much ammo and for some reason, it thinks it can shoot through you, and you can't choose which weapon or item to use from it's inventory, but you can trade items in your inventory though. It's a game you have to play with someone else to get the best experience, it's also easier too. A good amount of weapons in this game in which you can find or buy/sell at checkpoints in the game. If you feel like it, you can replay chapters in this game with your current equipment if you need more gold, ammo or if you want to feel like god. The game's storyline mode is very short, but if you like the action, there is always the mercenies mode, which is constant survival/points within a timelimit. - Play it if you can find someone else to play with, or else it's a waste (I have the game, and I'm sure others have it here as well)

Fallout 3 - 1st/3rd person shooter/RPG - Takes place in an alternate branch off from the 30's era. An barron world filled with radiation from the resulted from the U.S. and China's nuclear war. The only people who survived are the ones who were too far from the blasts and people who lived in underground bunkers. You and your father lived in one of these bunkers until one day he manages to escape and your character escapes after him into the radiated capitol D.C. wasteland above. - Sandbox type gameplay that uses the same gameengine as Elder Scolls 4: Oblivion, some say it's Oblivion with guns. If you are a huge fan of the first two Fallout games, you are going to be disappointed. Create your own character by choosing gender, race, stats and skills at the beginning of the game is a part of the RPG experience (gain experience, Level up - put skill points into skills, get abilities/perks.) It has a good/bad karma rating but it doesn't really affect gameplay as much as it should. Alot of different weapons in this game but since you only stick to certain ones, it feels like alot less. Weapons and armour wear out in this game, you can repair them by either paying to get them repaired at a merchant or scrap a similar weapon or armour to repair them up to your repair skill. Also, there is an assist targeting system you can activate call V.A.T.S, it will aim at any part of an enemy's body with a percentage of likelyhood of hitting, depending on distance and skills/perks. Storyline is very short, but tons to explore and a good amount of quests (That's without downloadable content). Once you get tired of playing the game, or at least with that character, just beat the game when you want. After a good amount of exploring and being the max level of 20 (without downloaded content), it does get easy. - Personally, I didn't like Oblivion but loved this game. This is the only game in a long time I lost sleep to play.

I'll give you some more reviews later, my XBox gamertag is DiscipleOfRage
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

BattleMedic wrote:In addition to guns you find, you have genetic powers you can use, like fire, ice, lightning, telekintics, BEES!!!

Definitely need to play this game, what other game you can shoot BEES out of your arm?
The moment I read that, I though about Mega Man.
Which is also the answer to your question. Well its Hornets, but close enough.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hey, thanks! I wonder if Guitar Hero esq games will ever be co-op via online game play. Anyway, fallout seems interesting. I've only played a very small amount of the first one, in all its hard to make out pixelated 2D glory. Anyway, the others seem interesting, we'll see which ones I get. I just checked my bank account and balanced my books... it appears I'm somehow $500 more money than I expected + a big pay check coming tonight. Gotta save cash, but it'll give me some room to buy more games. :D

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

Sonix wrote:
BattleMedic wrote:In addition to guns you find, you have genetic powers you can use, like fire, ice, lightning, telekintics, BEES!!!

Definitely need to play this game, what other game you can shoot BEES out of your arm?
The moment I read that, I though about Mega Man.
Which is also the answer to your question. Well its Hornets, but close enough.
But Mega Man is a robot shooting robotic bees
To have no fear, you must know fear.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:ADD MY GAMER TAG ADD MY GAMER TAG!!!!! eva vox
BattleMedic wrote:I'll give you some more reviews later, my XBox gamertag is DiscipleOfRage
Done and done. Phyco127 is mine (because some douche *coughmecough* already took Phyco126. Hey, I was too lazy to try to reset up my old xbox to grab the last 4 digits of a credit card I haven't had in 4 years!)

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

While I'm rarely on because of my school schedule, and am too poor to afford a Gold membership, you can add my gamertag as well; Hello Sober Day.

I think you can still chat and things of that sort even with the Silver Membership.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ZOMG DBD! You are totally added!