NURGLE ROT GO!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NURGLE ROT GO!

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: NURGLE ROT GO!

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

... what exactly am I looking at? o_O
-Nobi

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

nice, i always had like one country that closed down early like Australia or Madagascar and i could never beat it. but i think ill give it another try now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Reminds me of Pandemic, one of my favorite board games ever. Of course, in that game there are four diseases spreading...

But seriously. You could've given them at least 1 hospital. O_o *eyetwitch*
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:... what exactly am I looking at? o_O
Sonic# wrote:Reminds me of Pandemic, one of my favorite board games ever. Of course, in that game there are four diseases spreading...
Well, this is Pandemic 2, an online flash game.

It's pretty fun and quickly addictive. Madagascar is the toughest place to infect, though--if you can get to it before it closes its port and border, though, you stand a chance at winning. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Wait... in this one, you're trying to infect different places?

This sounds even more fun.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Am I the only one who thought this was a map of the Swine Flu "Pandemic"?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The number of infected quickly gave the fact that this was not a map of the swine flu, lol. Thousands have been infected as of late, not over 29 million. ;) In any event, I've never played pandemic, but I assumed this was #2 from what I've heard. People keep editing the flu page on Wikipedia with Madagascar listed as "Closing its ports and borders" =P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Argh! Curse you Madagascar!
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Okay... now, I get that xkcd joke.

I was at the University health center today, and a lot of people were really panicky. Some were even wearing surgical masks. Pretty crazy stuff.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've played two games of this now. It's very intriguing.

The first time, I released the bug at large too soon. It was too obvious and not infectious enough, so a lot of borders closed before I could spread the disease there. Only selected parts of the third world were affected.

The second time, the bug started in Mexico. >_> And I managed to cultivate the bug so that when it spread, it was infectious, subtle, and deadly. At the end, less than a billion people were left, mostly in Western Europe and Indonesia. The US had less than a million.

It's interesting as long as I don't think about it too much. It's not the most comfortable topic next to the Swine Flu.
Sonic#

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8025931.stm

Are you sure your not actually playing the flash version of Jumanji?