Going to Europe in about a week...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Going to Europe in about a week...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just to piggy-back on Kiz' upcoming vacation notice, I should mention I leave for Europe next Thursday and won't be back until June 2nd. I'm mainly staying in Switzerland, with a 3 day side trip down into the Mont Blanc region of France and the upper Aosta Valley in Italy. Most places I'll be at have wi-fi, but I highly doubt I'll be using it that much.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Going to Europe in about a week...

Post by Kizyr »

Everybody better play nice while G1's away, or I'll have to destroy the boards and create a new one in my image. Although first I'm going to need to seize Alunissage's power to create new posts, since as it stands I only have the power to delete old ones.

Don't worry about having to check the boards, G1. Vacation should be a vacation away from electronic communication as much as possible--at least, that's my belief. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

That sounds fantastic! I hope I can make it over to Europe someday as well. I imagine you'll be doing some hiking? Take lots of pictures for us and travel safe!! :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

LuNaRtIc wrote:That sounds fantastic! I hope I can make it over to Europe someday as well. I imagine you'll be doing some hiking? Take lots of pictures for us and travel safe!! :D
To be honest, now is the time to do it. Plane tickets, especially internationally, are dirt cheap. I'll probably be going back for a soccer match sometime in the next 6-8 months. There are plane tickets from most major cities in the eastern half of the US to Ireland and the UK for under $500 if you search hard enough. Sometimes as little as $350. I know when I get back, I'll have caught the international travel bug and want to do it quite a bit more often. And yes, I'll definitely have photos. I'm planning on doing a major photography show at the end of summer to sell prints. And yes, hiking for sure. To the base of the Matterhorn on one day, in fact.
-G1

Iceberg
Burg Farmer

Post by Iceberg »

If you ever come to Valencia, consider yourself invited to watch a match in Valencia CF's stadium 8-)

Good luck in your trip!!

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Have fun G1, that trip sounds awesome. I'm ridiculously jealous, by the way. :)

Are you going to be in major cities during your Switzerland stay? Zurich, Geneva etc?

Also, any particular reason Switzerland instead of the other more common touristy areas of Europe? Have you been through other areas of Europe before?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your pictures. The hiking there should be amazing!
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Have fun, really!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

DBD, while we're flying in and out of Zurich, we're mainly staying out of the main cities. We'll mostly be up in the mountains. I love my nature, and photographing it, and would take it over museums and such any day. (not that I dislike museums and such, but nature is more important to me) We'll basically have three spots we're staying. Zermatt, where the Matterhorn is located. Chamonix, just across the border in France, with a quick day-trip into the Aosta Valley in Italy (possibly via a giant gondola that takes you over a glacier on the side of Mont Blanc, 12k feet + above sea level). And then the Berner Oberland, which just looks beyond gorgeous from the pictures I've been seeing. And then a night near the Zurich airport to finish it off.

And I might have to take you up on that Iceberg. We did almost end up in Spain for part of the trip, but had to cut back some of it. I've always been obsessed with visiting the Pyrenees' ever since I watched the Bell and Sebastian cartoon on Nickelodeon as a kid. Isn't Valencia hurting right now BTW? I keep hearing rumors of them needing to sell off David Villa and others. That would be a shame. They're a good team. I almost decided to take a few days and sneak down to Milano to see Milan v Roma the first weekend we're there, but we just didn't have the time (nor money) to add that in.
-G1