ipods broke

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ipods broke

Post by exigence »

well that was a poor investment, but time to move on i'm looking for something inexpensive but sturdy. i basically want a flash drive with a headphone jack i wouldn't need much more than 5gigs can anyone recommend something along those lines.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: ipods broke

Post by phyco126 »

How did the iPod break? That's kinda important info if you want us to tell you of ones that won't break under certain circumstances.

I recommend a Sony Walkman. I sold my iPod and picked one up. Never been Happier.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I like Creative's players. Here's a few links.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Portable ... 631&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-Moza ... Descending

This one looks a little iffy, but it looks like the only problem is firmware, which they may have an upgrade for now.

I've also heard great things about SanDisk's MP3 player the Sansa.

Here's one that looks like it would probably be a good fit for you.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Vid ... Promotions

I do agree with Phyco though. It would be nice to know exactly what the problem was with your iPod. An MP3 player is pretty prone to breaking because people carry it around everywhere. Is it possible to get Apple to repair it?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

My Creative Zen Micro which I got nearly 4 years ago now still works fine. I don't use it too often anymore, but I've never had any problems or major complaints with it, even after dropping it on concrete on a couple of occasions from about 3 feet. The frame popped, but everything popped back into place and the memory wasn't damaged.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

phyco126 wrote:How did the iPod break? That's kinda important info if you want us to tell you of ones that won't break under certain circumstances.

I recommend a Sony Walkman. I sold my iPod and picked one up. Never been Happier.
i think it was just old age iv had it for a good 3 or 4 years. but pretty much i went to charge it and nothing happend. so i dont know if the battery is short or if the hard drives broken.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Hey, Exigence, I bought an 8 GB Sansa Fuze today, and so far, it seems great. It has great sound quality (with support for FLAC and Vorbis), very portable, and it's expandable to a total of 24 GB with a micro-SDHC card. If you haven't bought a new MP3 player yet, you should maybe think about the Fuze.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

that doesn't sound too bad, i still haven't gotten one yet i'm sorta reevaluating the idea. i really only used it a few times all year and im sorta wondering if it would even be worth it to buy a new one. i do like having it for in the car but thats about it CD's seem to be working pretty good, and i kinda like the challenge of coming up with cool mix CD's for long road trips.