Okay, question.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.

Would you buy this stuff??

HELL YES.
43%
How expensive will it be?
43%
Depends on how good they are >.>
14%
Haha, you're funny.
No votes
Wtf is wrong with you?
No votes
POLL WHORE LOL
No votes

Total votes: 7

Amethi
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Okay, question.

Post by Amethi »

I'm a con goer.
BIG TIME.
And I went to Acen this year, flipping out over how amazing the Lunar cosplayers were. And now, I'm on my wonderful "Lunar-kick" again.

I'm also learning how to make some pretty awesome props.

And was planning on making a few things from Lunar to sell at an artist alley table somewhere in the future.

My question is: if they were really good, but really obscure (for most people), do you think people would buy them?

I'm planning on making things like:
-The Dragonmaster Helmet
-Alex's Ocarania
-Jean's Fan
-Mystere's Mask
-Leo's sword (I'm going to have to make it anyway since I'm going to be the amazing MYSTERE!)
-Nash's comb (lol)
-Mini Nall and Ruby plushes
-Lucia's headband
-Leo's Horn
-Ronfar's dice

and a few other things.
If you want anything in particular, you'd have to ask me xD

But anyway. Just wondering if you think people would buy them. And if not, would YOU buy them? xDDD
(Note, I haven't actually STARTED on this project yet, so I can't just you any examples. I'll update this first post with pictures once I get some of this nonsense done)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Okay, question.

Post by phyco126 »

I would buy, but would this be legal?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Amethi
Pao Hunter

Post by Amethi »

Yes it's legal. As long as its fan-made. And it will be xD

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

For me it would all depend on the price and what they look like. If neither was an issue I would definitely buy them! There is not NEARLY enough lunar fanart of any kind out there!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not I. I specialize in official stuff, you could say, and don't like the idea of unofficial stuff obscuring the difference. And, of course, I suspect that calling it fanwork and therefore legit to sell is sophistry; it'd still be making money on someone else's IP. (Note that every mention of the games in which there's a copyright notice for Game Arts also includes a notice that the character designs are copyright Toshiyuki Kubooka. Even some of the game discs say this.)

But then, I've never been to a con and am not all that likely to go to one, so I'm hardly your target audience in any regard. And I can understand why someone might want a one-off version of something like the items you mention, especially for people who enjoy cosplay. Thinking about it, there isn't really much overlap between the items you mention and the official merch, which has mainly been about the artwork rather than three-dimensional objects.