Billy Mays is dead!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Billy Mays is dead!

Post by exigence »

nope not really that into god, i just want MJ to stop hogging all the limelight even after death he still has to overshadow great men like billy mays.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
phyco126 wrote:I honestly am surprised that people like you still exist.
I'm not.
Agreed. I'm afraid that prejudices like these are pretty hard-wired into the brain. I'm sure that there was a time in our evolutionary history where this was beneficial, but that time is passed. Unfortunately, biological evolution doesn't work as fast as cultural evolution.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

exigence wrote:nope not really that into god, i just want MJ to stop hogging all the limelight even after death he still has to overshadow great men like billy mays.
Unfortunately for you, Michael Jackson was far better known that Billy Mays. Billy Mays had some commercials, Michael Jackson had an entire empire. No different than if the leader of Andorra died, it may get some press until the leader of America dies. Same principle.

I liked Billy Mays, often saw him as the more energetic version of the guy from Home Improvement. Still, this doesn't excuse you behavior of judgement.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

They're both taking away attention from Jeff Goldblum's death!
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... -be-missed

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

First of all, your link is from Comedy Central...enough said
Second of all, Jeff Goldblum is NOT dead
Thirdly, you have all (for the most part) TAINTED MY TOPIC WITH YOUR IDEOLOGICAL CRAP! :evil:
I am thankful that Billy Mays' personal life remained untarnished by scandal. He became a star, rising with momentum, and never suffered a decline until his untimely death...of heart failure...it had nothing to do with his rough plane landing.

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Billy Mays annoyingly yelled about products that he didn't even make. He's only worth a few seconds of mention on news networks and then they should move on to more important topics. MJ is a lot more significant.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I am thankful that Billy Mays' personal life remained untarnished by scandal. He became a star, rising with momentum, and never suffered a decline until his untimely death...of heart failure...it had nothing to do with his rough plane landing.

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Helluva guy Billy Mays was, The shamwow guy could have learned a lot about selling products from his example.
Billy Mays annoyingly yelled about products that he didn't even make. He's only worth a few seconds of mention on news networks and then they should move on to more important topics. MJ is a lot more significant.
If he didn't yell about products who would? you. are you gonna be the guy who introduces the world to revolutionary new products not sold in stores, because I don't think you have what it takes. Billy did more than just yelled, he commanded attention and he got the job done, every time. I can't think of a better guy for the job.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

exigence wrote:Judging people based on looks has kept mankind safe since the beginning of time.
A counterexample, if you will:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Lancaster

You call this keeping mankind safe?

You may not be advocating violence, but your logic seems the same to me.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

exigence wrote:

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Helluva guy Billy Mays was, The shamwow guy could have learned a lot about selling products from his example.
If he didn't yell about products who would? you. are you gonna be the guy who introduces the world to revolutionary new products not sold in stores, because I don't think you have what it takes. Billy did more than just yelled, he commanded attention and he got the job done, every time. I can't think of a better guy for the job.
Chances are, you just liked him because he became a meme. He got the job done? I never considered buying ANY of those products. Neither did any of my friends. You like Billy Mays because the internet tells you that's what's "cool" right now.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Aquaignis wrote:First of all, your link is from Comedy Central...enough said
Second of all, Jeff Goldblum is NOT dead
Obviously humor escapes you friend.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Chances are, you just liked him because he became a meme. He got the job done? I never considered buying ANY of those products. Neither did any of my friends. You like Billy Mays because the internet tells you that's what's "cool" right now.
That makes no sense at all and is hardly a rebuttal. It seems like you're "grasping for straws"
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Aquaignis wrote:
That makes no sense at all and is hardly a rebuttal. It seems like you're "grasping for straws"

He did infomercials and was loud in them. How could anyone REALLY care that he died? He obtained meme status and became even more of a joke. I'd like to see someone give a good explanation as to why he was worth more than just a quick mention on the evening news and why everyone shouldn't just shrug and forget about it the next day.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Well, he was in a TV show too. Maybe the people who are grieving felt that they knew him more "personally" from his show.