Holy crap!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Holy crap!

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

This is easily the worst sunburn I've ever had. What are some things that you guys have done that helped?

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Holy crap!

Post by Ardent Fox »

Usually I recommend aloe vera to the soldiers we have coming in to get treated for sunburns. Just spread some to soothe the burn and try to not wear anything woolen or irritating for the skin. There's also another rememdy we've used of baking soda. Dissolve it in water and make a compress out of a cloth. Apply it to the skin where it was burnt the worst and leave it on for five minutes. Wash rinse repeat for each effected area. Let it air dry. It'll help retain moisture at the site.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm not sure how bad yours is, but I had a sunburn about 9 years ago that ended up a fairly bad second-degree burn. Blisters upon large blisters all over my arms, back, chest and neck. It was the worst pain and experience of my life. If it's that bad, call the doctor. They have some cream that can fix it much quicker than just lotions and such, and keep it from leaving as much perminent damage.

I always just wear a white shirt now at waterparks and stuff. I'm as much of a whiteboy as you can be though so that's just the way it is for me. I burn very easy.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

G1, I've had the same thing. Blisters so large they merged, only when they popped I would find even more blisters underneath the old blisters. It was horrible, had trouble sleeping because of the pain, etc.

However, the worse part of any sunburn, is the extreme stinging/itching sensation. Now that is absolutely horrible. It will itch so bad you will go half-mad trying to scratch it, which will make it worse in the end and cause more pain. Not sure how to solve that part.

I always used Aloe Vera, but if it is like what G1 said, you might want to see a doctor as Aloe alone won't be enough.

Ardent: I'll have to try the baking soda next time I get more than a light burn!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I didn't have those things so I've just been draping a wet towel on my back to help draw the heat out and then putting lotion on my back to held the skin retain moisture. =\

I also heard that you have to get the heat out first before applying Aloe Vera because it could help hold the heat in and make it worsen.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I've also heard that applying lotion can actually make it much worse.

Aloe Vera does wonders for sunburns. Having had sunburns were I have done nothing, sunburns were I use different non-medical treatments, and Aloe Vera, all point to the same thing. Aloe Vera helps! I have never heard of it being bad at any time.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Tai Dandora »

Did some Google'ing for you and found this interesting article that has a list of some household items you can use to effectively combat severe sunburn, hope this helps!

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf967398.tip.html