A Proud Day

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Proud Day

Post by Ardent Fox »

My father is an amature rocket scientist. He's been interested in rocketry for quite some time, ever since he was a child. Yesterday was a very big day for him as he and his group of civilian pilots took the first step towards their goal. This is a very proud day for me, as this is something he's been trying to do for years. He finally attained his dream. I couldn't be there for it, but this video is all I needed. I now share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxHsYqRnoE

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: A Proud Day

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

That's totally awesome! Congrats!
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That is pretty cool. I used to shoot smaller rockets when I was in school. I've always wanted to build a rocket large enough to put a satelite the size of a coke can into outer space.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

"I saw my name on that rocket!"

lol..

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

That is amazing. The past two years I have been on my high school's rocket team. Two years ago was our first year. We had a new physics teacher who managed to convince the principal to start the team. That year, we qualified in the top 100 in the nation (i think we were ranked around 22) to take part in the national competition.
After that year, our teacher that led the team had to leave to go to another school. :( Our team continued on, though, under different leadership who took a little more "mathematically analytical" approach. Sadly, we did not qualify that year, despite the efforts of myself and three others. By the way, the teacher that left us, her team placed third in this past year's national competition to represent America! It's between U.S.A., Britain, and France, with the competition location swapped between Britain and France, this year: France
It was a great experience and I hope to join a collegiate team in a couple of years; my junior college doesn't have one.
P.S. A strong, lightweight shock cord connecting the two halves of the rocket was always a priority for us, especially since we were on a high school budget. :P
Here's the link for the competition: http://www.rocketcontest.org/
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......