Origins

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Origins

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

Hey everyone. The purpose of this thread is for the members of LunarNET to post the origin of their names.

Here is my origin.

I loved cruising around in the Destiny very much, and decided that it would make a perfect username.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There's some history for you. The "One" in the names of some of us actually has a storied history. The original "One" was a guy named RonfarOne. He ran a club called Althena's Court Online many many years ago. I never knew him that well. In fact, I was a major newbie at the time. Well, I was trying to come up with a good name, and I loved the character of Ghaleon, so I stole RonfarOne's One and became GhaleonOne. Then everyone stole it from me. Now we have LuciaOne (who was the second One, though she was originally SM Lucia88), HiroOne, MiaOne, two different NallOne's, gag-reel PhycoOne, gag-reel BorganOne, and gag reel. Man, I know I'm forgetting like 10 Ones here. Speak up if I have forgotten you.
-G1

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

That's some intense history....Ghaleon is great, but one kinda sounds...odd. Popular though.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I copied G1...My original member name was Mia Ausa, but in honor of ACO I dubbed thineself MiaOne.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There was a MogOne one time. Does OzOne count?

Anyway, mine isn't so interesting. First, I really liked the character of Kazyr in Popful Mail. While trying to figure out a unique name for myself while playing Shining Wisdom, I started messing around with spelling my own name. I tried Kaizer, then Kizer, and finally settled on Kizyr, after recalling the similarity with Kazyr from Popful Mail.

The only other place I've seen it used was the middle name of a Russian general. So it is a real name, just very rare. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Sonic#... it's the first part of my AOL/AIM screenname that I've had for 6 or more years, and then the # represents the numbers that go after that everyone is too lazy to memorize (565242, of course!).

But then people actually startec calling me Sonic and stuff, so I'd probably keep it even if I were to show some initiative and ever actually change the AOL name. It's like an old relic though. I can't quite.

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Dude G1 you totally remembered my SM Lucia88 SN!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! ::hugs:: Best buddy ever!!
:P
But I've definitely had this name for just about forever. One of the original ones!
HAHAHAHA!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Not getting to far into my name. I had another one before this Mysty616, that used to be my screen name for everything. My mom made it up for me.

The one I have now means "The light, pathway" in latin. I like how it sounds, although many people mispronounce it. It is not Rego pronounced Ray-go, it is REE-Go.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I think I'm the person on these Forums who has had the MOST screennames.

But as far as the name Jenner, I've used it since Lunar-Net opened up.

My name is Jennifer, it's a very popular name, there are a billion Jennifers, Jennas and Jens all over the godforsaken world. I could never go anywhere and enjoy my name.
Then I started playin' Mech Warrior and started calling myself Jenner.

Then I saw Secret of Nimh and realized Jenner was even more awesome.

I've kept it and I use the name on ALL the forums I go to.
if Jenner's already been taken I use the name Jennerfirst to spoof Phantasy Star Two.
Last edited by Jenner on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Do you actually go by Jenner IRL? I always wondered that. :P
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:Do you actually go by Jenner IRL? I always wondered that. :P

Yes, yes I do.
Infact, I'm so used to it I don't even respond to "Jennifer" anymore.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, my name started as a mistake many many years ago, before I even heard of Lunar-net. Long story short, I tried to spell psyco, but the computer said that phyco was a real word, so I thought that phyco was pronounced psyco (did I mention this was a long time ago?) I then stole the 127 from my cousin, which later turned to 126.

It wasn't until later when I discovered that my name was pronounced Fi-co. I then looked it up and found out that the word meant Algea. Yay. So exciting. However, I don't like to change things I'm used too, so I just stuck with phyco126. I use it for everthing really.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PhycoOne
Meryod Yokel

Post by PhycoOne »

Someone call me?

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

My name goes back like half a decade. There're actually two stories behind my name, and I'm no longer sure which one came first... >_< I'll just say the first cuz it's a lot less nerdy. :lol:

Yeah, so ya ever sign up for something online where you need to fill out your name and all that crap? And you're thinkin' "I don't wanna put my actual info on here"? So ya come up with all sorts of fake names? You can probably see where I'm going with this.

Five years ago, give or take, I was signin' up for something or other, and the fake name I used was "Pitch Black". That was uber cheesy though, but Pitch sounded catchy, and there you have it. I've been Pitch ever since. And yes, many people do call me Pitch in real life.

The other story... ah, this one's real simple. Anyone play Mega Man? Ya know, how all the names in Mega Man are in some way music/sound related? Some time ago, I was trying to come up with a good Mega Man related name that few other people would have. And there it was again. So yeah. That's the other reason I'm Pitch.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

My name was created back in 97 on AOL I think. I tried to come up with the best name that would make me look like a Working Designs intern. The name is rather stupid and I was caught when Victor Ireland told G1 that they had no interns at the time. Thanks Mick. I still get angry thinking about it. :x

It's the only name I've ever used and and I fear change.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Haha, that's old school. :P
-G1

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Hmm.. name wise. I've never had a nickname in my entire life. This makes me very sad. Of course my actual name is Justin, so most people would think Jay, but my friend Jason all ready had that name. So I so do not have one.

ANYWHO!

I started out with JustinStrife back in the ACO days. Justin for obvious reasons and... this is the sad part.... Strife for Final Fantasy VII. Bash me all you want Jenner... but you gotta admit JustinStrife is kinda cool. I guess you could say that was my Emo phase. I was all sad and depressed so Strife seemed appropriate. I still have the name, but I don't really use it.

From there I moved onto JustinAtreides. I was really into Suikoden II at the time. And Jowy just kicks ass!! WHOOT! I think Alayna will agree with me. I also later found out that House Atreides is Cao Cao's house name I guess or somethin' to that effect. I prefer Sun Ce myself. He's so cool!!

Lemme see... there were a bunch of other names I had... GuardianofAeris, JustinSXEMarcus, XHX Casper XHX, and some others... can't remember don't have them anymore.

From there I went into my Iceman phase, VIV Iceman VIV. I still have the name and he still kicks ass!! Iceman tattoo? ...must look into this...

:: shakes head ::

Back on topic. I later went to CodeNameKaplan. As I loved the Resident Evil Movie and Kaplan was a cool coward. I have that name as well!!

Of course through it all I've had my sick fascination with Bards. So I found myself drawn to Asmodean. If anyone here reads The Wheel of Time Series you actually know who he is. I really don't have any major history to my current name, but I love the name. I think of myself kinda like him, there are some similarities. I just wish I could get my friends to start callin' me that.

That's the gist of my lil' story. I now use the name Asmodean where ever I can. If for some reason it's all ready taken, which it often is. I usually add X Asmodean X or somehow imply my straight ways into the name. At some point I think I'll even get it tattooed on me. Somewhere on my back.

BARDS RULE!!
ImageImageImage

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I feel like I've told this story so many times that half the board could tell it for me...

This goes back to when I first joined the WD messageboards. I should explain that I got my first email account back in 1992 or so and used it continuously thereafter, but didn't go online in the sense of using the web until fall 1999. (WD's site was, I think, the third I visited, since I'd seen the link in the SSSC manual.) Back when I got my email address, we were advised that accounts with a overtly feminine usernames got a disproportionate share of hassling, so I'd used my rather masculine middle name, Charlie. I requested the same username at the WDMB, feeling it likely that there would be a majority of male posters and wanting to see what the place was like before I said much about myself. I should mention that on my very slow connection it took about 10 minutes to load an archive and a minute per post, so I couldn't do much reading first.

Unfortunately, Charlie was already in use, so I was given the name charlee instead. Ick! I put up with it for three months before requesting a change, which ultimately resulted in this name. How I arrived at that name is slightly interesting. Back in high school French, I'd learned that there was a little-used verb for "to land on the moon" which the Academie Française coined in a vain attempt to keep Francophones from using some Anglicized phrase I now forget. I learned on New Year's Day 2000 that I'd been mentally misspelling it all these years (my teacher had never written it); the verb was alunir, and had an associated word alunissage. I requested one of these two to replace my WDMB name, the webmaster chose Alunissage, and I've been using it ever since. It means "lunar landing", by the way...I wanted to acknowledge my interest in Lunar without sounding fannish. Of course, no one gets it, though I wondered if Feena (Eve Chauviré) would in the brief times we were on the same MBs.

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Asmodean wrote:
From there I moved onto JustinAtreides. I was really into Suikoden II at the time. And Jowy just kicks ass!! WHOOT! I think Alayna will agree with me. I also later found out that House Atreides is Cao Cao's house name I guess or somethin' to that effect. I prefer Sun Ce myself. He's so cool!!

Jowy is seriously SO F'ING AWESOME WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HIM!!!!!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Lesee here, the "Flick" part comes from part of my last name. It's a nickname I've had since about 1994. The local part comes from back when I first started using the net before I even had e-mail. I used to scour Local H's website (a band who's only truely local to northern Illinois) for prospective tour dates. I needed a name to use in their MB so I could ask about possible shows. Everyone there has a name like Local Tim, Local Wendy, etc... so I'm Local Flick.