Pets!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Pets!

Post by Ardent Fox »

Jenner, your place looks like my apartment!

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Ardent Fox, he/she is a little Nall in training:

(Sorry its crappy, I couldnt resist though lol) This would be awesome for the profile pic contest.. XD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

You win at life. XD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The Nall pic = Win.

I've been around fur my entire life to, both from dogs and cats. I still can't stand it.

I would absolutely love a Golden Retriever, and I've thought about buying one right now. However, I just can't stand the concept of the mess that the dog will bring, plus the loss of my freedom to do what I want whenever because now I have to take care of the dog. Taking them for walks isn't so bad, cleaning up after is. Baths, yuck. Barking? Bleh.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My folks (parents and sister) lost their dog last November too, to lymphoma. :cry: She was a really funny dog and it's still strange to realize we're not constantly getting dog hair on us when in my mom's car.
Attachments
Her favorite toy
Her favorite toy
Cinnamon_97-2.jpg (93.53 KiB) Viewed 18909 times
Cinnamon and bucket
Cinnamon and bucket
Cinnamon_97-1.jpg (94.71 KiB) Viewed 18909 times

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Thanks guys XD I was just screwin around.

Hey, ArdentFox, could I use my edited pic for the contest on Facebook? XD

Alunissage: that dog was cute! A puppy at heart :D

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Please, be my guest, as long as I can see it when you're done.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

BUCKET! Lol, that's awesome. Dogs like the weirdest toys. Mine found this plastic piece off of the Christmas tree (I think). She likes to toss it in the air, lol. We got her these plastic things for cats, but she killed them like in a day. XD

My sister's dog passed away last year. We still miss her. And my ferret too! I wanted another one, but I wasn't allowed due to the smell, but I was able to get my puppy. =3

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Ardent Fox wrote:Please, be my guest, as long as I can see it when you're done.
Awesome, although Im probably just uploading it how it is (Edit: Aside adding the SSH logo...). XD If I win anything, I'll totally split it with you <3

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Darn, I would disappear for a while when we start discussing pets!

I'm very much a cat person. In fact, I have two albums of cat pictures floating around on Picasa.

My mom currently has eleven cats. And four dogs. And two turtles. She lives pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so we often come across abandoned animals, and we just can't pass them up when they need help. And now that I finally have an apartment in which I can have pets, I'll be taking two of the cats in a week or so! I'm pretty happy about it. If nothing else, I think talking to cats is slightly less crazy than talking to myself.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Oh, those little sweeties are so adorable! Will you be taking two of them?

Right now, I just have my beautifully sweet and strong-minded cockatiel, Destiny. (No, not named after the dragonship, but my cousin used the name in FFVII.) She actually picked me out instead of vice versa. My mom and I went to a cockatiel breeder's home, and she let out four or five birds at the same time to fly around and let us look. Destiny landed on my shoulder and stayed there the whole time, and ended up coming home with us. She's fearless, and thought that she was holding off our Lab/German Shepherd/Spaniel/? mix by her own fierceness. (But our puppy dog, Shadow, knew that Destiny was off limits.)

Shadow's been gone almost two years, and was a beautiful large black dog with all kinds of breeds mixed together. My mom would bring her inside to wake us up for school by having a cold wet nose thrust in our faces. But it was a great way to start the day. :)
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Solana wrote:Oh, those little sweeties are so adorable! Will you be taking two of them?

Right now, I just have my beautifully sweet and strong-minded cockatiel, Destiny. (No, not named after the dragonship, but my cousin used the name in FFVII.) She actually picked me out instead of vice versa. My mom and I went to a cockatiel breeder's home, and she let out four or five birds at the same time to fly around and let us look. Destiny landed on my shoulder and stayed there the whole time, and ended up coming home with us. She's fearless, and thought that she was holding off our Lab/German Shepherd/Spaniel/? mix by her own fierceness. (But our puppy dog, Shadow, knew that Destiny was off limits.)

Shadow's been gone almost two years, and was a beautiful large black dog with all kinds of breeds mixed together. My mom would bring her inside to wake us up for school by having a cold wet nose thrust in our faces. But it was a great way to start the day. :)
Awww, to both stories! XD

We got some cockatiels. Thirteen of em, lol. They breeded and didn't want to stop till we took the nest box away. We got some parrot bird too. But these aren't mine. I only own the dog.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Solana wrote:Oh, those little sweeties are so adorable! Will you be taking two of them?

Not two of the ones pictured, unfortunately! One of them passed away a couple of years ago (the grey one, Lynk), and the other two are too attached to my mom and brother. (Scamp is a one-eyed rescue kitty, and Quinn, the one being snuggled, is named after the street we found him dodging cars on. In the middle of an Alabama summer. His little paws were actually burnt from the hot asphalt.) I'll be taking a fat black and white one by the name of Olivia, and Trudy, Olivia's mother. I didn't get to name either, or they'd be geekier. I should mention here that Olivia has a sister named Luna, but unfortunately it wasn't a reference.

Ha, wow, when I was in high school, my mom had a German shepherd by the name of Teddie who would do the same thing. All she had to tell him was "go wake the boys!" and he'd run in to wake my brother and me for school. I guess he passed away five years ago?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:

Not two of the ones pictured, unfortunately! One of them passed away a couple of years ago (the grey one, Lynk), and the other two are too attached to my mom and brother. (Scamp is a one-eyed rescue kitty, and Quinn, the one being snuggled, is named after the street we found him dodging cars on. In the middle of an Alabama summer. His little paws were actually burnt from the hot asphalt.) I'll be taking a fat black and white one by the name of Olivia, and Trudy, Olivia's mother. I didn't get to name either, or they'd be geekier. I should mention here that Olivia has a sister named Luna, but unfortunately it wasn't a reference.

Ha, wow, when I was in high school, my mom had a German shepherd by the name of Teddie who would do the same thing. All she had to tell him was "go wake the boys!" and he'd run in to wake my brother and me for school. I guess he passed away five years ago?
When I slept on the couch my dog would come up and start attacking me to get me up. Lol, she'd scratch my hair. Or try licking me. She happened to be upstairs when my mom was trying to get me up and she told her to wake me and put her on the bed (I think) and she attacked. XD

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Ardent Fox wrote:Jenner, your place looks like my apartment!
Most "bachelor pads" have a similar look to'm.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hahaha, my dad has a toy poddle and a quran Terrier. In order to wake me up, him or my stepmom would open the door and say "go get him!" They'd jump on the bed, lick me, bark, growl, frisk, jump all over me, etc... I tell you what, you woke up at that point. :)

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

I tore my right ACL (important knee thing) my senior year of high school by tripping over the aforementioned dog. Six months recovery after the surgery, four of which were on crutches. Anyway, when I had to get up at 5 every morning to do physical therapy, there was one cat that would lay next to me and keep me company, every single morning. It was adorable. It was like the fuzzy little guy was cheering me on.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I miss my old cat N3wb. :( He used to sleep with me too. Sometimes he would crawl under the covers and nestle in the cove formed by my stomach and legs when I curled up on my side. He kept me company on many nights.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Awww, both those cats sound cute!

I remember my sister's dog. She'd come up during thunder storms for comfort. =D She'd just stand outside my door. At least once anyway. She used to hide in the dumbest places though. Behind the computer and behind the toilet. :lol: She was a sweet heart though...I miss her.

Earlier I was playing Pokemon with my mom and my dog was so upset. She was whining for attention. :lol: And earier my sister was over. She had some eggs she got from this woman at her work who got em from her chickens. My dog was going crazy over em! We think she smelled the chickens. Plus, she loves eggs. :lol:

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

MaroonChan wrote:I remember my sister's dog. She'd come up during thunder storms for comfort. =D She'd just stand outside my door. At least once anyway. She used to hide in the dumbest places though. Behind the computer and behind the toilet. :lol: She was a sweet heart though...I miss her.
D'aww! Those are adorably stupid places to hide.

One of my mom's dogs is afraid of thunderstorms. She's very much an outside dog and hates it inside the house, but as soon as she hears a peal of thunder she's whining to get in. And then she just sits at someone's feet and shivers there.