Sephiroth vs. Ghaleon

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ghaleon's attack, massive fireballs.

Sephiroth's attack, sending a nearby comet crashing in the earth, instantly destroying 1/8th of the world Razz

And yet, somehow, those fireballs from Ghaleon does more relative damage than that crazy ass spell Sephy throws down.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Good LORD, what a waste of time! I remember the first time I fought Sephiroth, when he did that I just left the room and went to the bathroom - and when I came back, it was STILL GOING! And then I had a confused, spinning frog, a blinded, petrified someone with 1 HP, and someone else dead.

And honestly, what does blowing up planets have to do with you becoming a confused frog? It just never made any sense to me.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Because that's how a lot of FF's bosses are. There's nothing special about them, and the only way to make the fight difficult is with annoying status abnormalities. That's why I like games like Lunar and Grandia where things like the characters' placement affects the fighting strategy, and the IP gauge in Grandia added so much to the fighting system by simply showing you who would act, what they would do, and when they planned on doing it.

Well, his hair IS white...

My friend refers to this as "FF bad guy hair." I think he just looks too much like Setzer, or Alucard.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ribbons are your friends. Never go into the final battle without putting a Ribbon on your entire party. It helps.

Hellwave, especially, does far more damage then Supernova.

As it does 800+ damage to characters who, at level 99, have 555 hp at maximum, and that's Kyle.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Relative damage, yeah, Zophar's Hellwave would destroy Supernova's power.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That was Ghaleon, actually.

I said Kyle, who does indeed max out at 555 hp.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Zophar did the Hell Wave in the original EB, and it was monsterous. No spell ever took more than 999 in Lunar, but that spell did like 7000 damage. It was the only spell in the game that did a single amount of damage more than 999.

Edit- I don't even remember Ghaleon's Hell Wave in SSSC. I'm vaugely recalling it, but it wasn't the same spell graphically at all.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lemina's catastrophe BARELY breaks the 999 cap. Barely. Like...it can get to 11/1200 damage at level 99 or so.

Ghaleon's Super Hell Wave is what he does in the unwinnable fight in the Grindery.

It does 800 damage or so to your 500 at level 99 hp...so. Not bad.

But I agree that Zophar, if he's dishing out 7k, is also making Sephiroth look like a putz. It's 7k to 999 hp at max.

Then again, Sephiroth is a wanna be god. Zophar already IS a god.