Messed up keyboard

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Messed up keyboard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

My keyboard is messed up.
I spilt a little water on it, on the numbers on the right. i fliped my keyboard upside down for 10 minutes, and it seemed like mostly all of it poured out. About 30 minutes later i notice my r wasnt working along with some other keys, and some would produce 3 to 6 letters.
examples - my "p" is "e 'p30"
Q to \ is "y,ku67t.li58r/;o49e 'p30w69[2-q58]1=\" with q to y not working
and for fun my first name - "y,kuat.li"

My backspace went from working to being z to working again, so maybe it'll get better?
On screen keyboard is annoying but with out i wouldent be able to type, but sill very annoying ;^;

(this took over 30 minutes to type)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Messed up keyboard

Post by phyco126 »

I would unplug it and let it dry for a day or two. However, it is possible that it is already short circuited.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Eh, it should still be fine, though. Keyboards are pretty stupid peripherals. (That is, they're simple.) Just leave it unplugged and upside down for a while longer.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

If nothing else, you could get a new one. PS/2 and USB keyboards aren't proprietary so you can just grab a cheap one from like a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy or any local computer parts supplier.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

i left it upside down while i slept, and mostly everything works again. I can press one key and one letter will appear. Q to Y still doesn't work along with some others like tab. I'll just have to learn to type with out them.
Ardent Fox wrote:If nothing else, you could get a new one. PS/2 and USB keyboards aren't proprietary so you can just grab a cheap one from like a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy or any local computer parts supplier.
if i dont get Q to Y back, i'll pobably pick up a new one. I have to wait un till i get to town first, it's 45 minutes away, and we only go once a week.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Kaiya-Sky wrote:
Ardent Fox wrote:If nothing else, you could get a new one. PS/2 and USB keyboards aren't proprietary so you can just grab a cheap one from like a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy or any local computer parts supplier.
if i dont get Q to Y back, i'll pobably pick up a new one. I have to wait un till i get to town first, it's 45 minutes away, and we only go once a week.
Sounds like my "hometown." There are disadvantages to living nowhere.

I'd avoid Best Buy, though. Last time I needed a new keyboard, the cheapest one they had was a $50 backlit "gaming" keyboard. The rest were all $75 and up ergonomic and gaming keyboards. You can't get a cheap $15 board of keys there.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

o_O Really? I've never had a problem with Best Buy's keyboards. The $20 Logitec keyboard I'm using now was bought from there.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Might be because I live in a college town with a lot of spoiled rich kids. I just assumed every Best Buy was like that, my bad.

Come to think of it, the Best Buy back home had a lot better deals on games and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if they had cheaper keyboards too.