I passed the JLPT! (N2)

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
JediLeroy
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I passed the JLPT! (N2)

Post by JediLeroy »

Huzzah! N1, here I come (next July)!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: I passed the JLPT! (N2)

Post by Kizyr »

Congratulations!

I passed it a few years ago. I have to say that it remains to-date the most difficult test I've ever taken.

I actually technically failed the listening portion, and had to make it up in the other two sections to compensate (reading I had nearly perfect scores on, so that helped). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Congratulations!~

JediLeroy
Lostest Boy

Post by JediLeroy »

Kizyr wrote:Congratulations!

I passed it a few years ago. I have to say that it remains to-date the most difficult test I've ever taken.

I actually technically failed the listening portion, and had to make it up in the other two sections to compensate (reading I had nearly perfect scores on, so that helped). KF
Thanks! I felt the least confident with the listening portion, but mostly because a Chinese guy in front of me was coughing during a few of the questions. Turns out it was my best section of the three. I took 2kyuu last December and failed, but passed the new N2, which I actually felt was a bit harder than the old 2kyuu. N1, here I come (next July--this December is much too soon)!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

JediLeroy wrote:Thanks! I felt the least confident with the listening portion, but mostly because a Chinese guy in front of me was coughing during a few of the questions. Turns out it was my best section of the three. I took 2kyuu last December and failed, but passed the new N2, which I actually felt was a bit harder than the old 2kyuu. N1, here I come (next July--this December is much too soon)!
Oh I didn't realize there was a difference between 2kyuu and N2... 2kyuu is what I passed; I took it before the new ones were rolled in.

...great, so this means that the books that I have to prep for 1kyuu aren't as accurate, or what? Does N1 still cover the same material? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JediLeroy
Lostest Boy

Post by JediLeroy »

Kizyr wrote: Oh I didn't realize there was a difference between 2kyuu and N2... 2kyuu is what I passed; I took it before the new ones were rolled in.
...great, so this means that the books that I have to prep for 1kyuu aren't as accurate, or what? Does N1 still cover the same material? KF
Well, according to official documents, the N2 is supposedly "about the same" as 2kyuu. In my experience, though, it was a bit harder. The listening section was actually much easier, but the vocab section seemed much more obscure. Not surprisingly, I did the worst on the vocab section.

As for N1/1kyuu, the study material you have should be fine. The biggest difference, from what I've heard, is that there's more of an emphasis on being able to speak and communicate. I don't know exactly what that means, since it's still only a multiple choice test. I'd imagine there's a little information out there now that some people have taken both the 1kyuu and N1.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Congrats!! Or should I say... Omedetou! :lol: I only passed half of the JLPT level 1 test online.... @_@ I haven't had time to practice more. ;_; But as soon as I can afford it... I want to take college classes in Japanese.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Congrats. I'm thinking of taking Level 3 soon, myself.
-Nobi

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Congrats!
Kizyr wrote:Oh I didn't realize there was a difference between 2kyuu and N2... 2kyuu is what I passed; I took it before the new ones were rolled in.

The change, according to what I read, was meant to address the big jump in difficulty between old level 3 and level 2 - so prep materials for level 1 ought to be fine. I'm counting on that myself, since I'm now signed up to take that bastard.

1KYUU OR DIE!!
「まあいいけど。」

JediLeroy
Lostest Boy

Post by JediLeroy »

http://www.jlpt.jp/e/about/comparison.html

"N1: Approximately the same level as the old Level 1 test, but designed to measure slightly more advanced abilities."