This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Maus
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge

Post by Maus »

This was incredibly unexpected, I couldn't quite believe it when I heard it.

But still no song for me.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

.........yeah, I just heard the news on Christmas evening before we were having dinner.

I played (and won) this year, and this is an enjoyable thing that I try to rope more and more people in on each year (...apparently it's become insanely ubiquitous now). The only time we heard the song was on Christmas Day while we were at dinner.

...man, I'm rather disheartened about George Michael's passing too... I wasn't a huge fan (and admittedly I do actually like Last Christmas, for all its cheesiness), but I liked him well enough. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Our rejection of George Michael built up over the years and killed him. We are responsible for his death.

This is a joke, RIP George Michael. Careless Whisper forever.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Been trying and failing every year. Got Wham'd.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I find it one of the more bizarre features of my life that I used to play the Wham! Challenge with people on a small online board dedicated to a JRPG, and now I have friends and even my mother-in-law playing, as social media has spread the challenge each year.

It's not often I do something before it was cool. Still in, by the way.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I lost this year because Jenner literally Wham!med me in the kitchen...

Low blow, but I mean it's not against the rules technically, just there used to be a gentlemen's agreement that it was something that wasn't done. And, now that we're in pandemic times and not going out so much, there's no need to hold onto said rule and it adds a little extra challenge while indoors. So I can't really be mad, even.
~Kizyr (they|them)