This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
parappa
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge

Post by parappa »

I also got Whammed today. Was eating at a restaurant, no way to escape.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Did you yell out "I've just been Whammed!" in the middle of the restaurant/class? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Something along those lines....as soon as I heard it I just shouted out "ughhhhhhh crap!" Then proceeded to explain why.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Kizyr wrote:Did you yell out "I've just been Whammed!" in the middle of the restaurant/class? KF
heheheheh

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been telling friends and family about this game and I frequently get serenaded as a result, but I haven't heard the song itself yet.
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I went to a grocery store in Cincinnati this weekend, and I heard several really annoying Christmas songs. But not this one!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

DAMMIT!

I went out to get lunch a few minutes ago, and I just got whammed at the counter.

I'm out... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:DAMMIT!

I went out to get lunch a few minutes ago, and I just got whammed at the counter.

I'm out... KF
That's what you get for not brown bagging it!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It really can happen to any of us. O_o

I'll be going to a Christmas party on Saturday. Maximal exposure to what will likely be an online Christmas radio station, with people nostalgic for 80's music. In the words of Captain Archer, oh boy.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm doing surprisingly well! The grocery store I go to isn't playing Christmas music i'd like to say I have a chance but that would be suicide.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

I've been lurkin per usual, and saw this thread when it started and decided to participate. Totally thought I was gonna make it, but the girlfriend wanted to stop at Dillards to do some shopping for Mom...the second I walked in it started playing. I accidently shouted GODDAMMIT! Everyone around was staring at me, I just shrugged and announced I had been Whammed.

So close.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

NPR nearly did me in today. Luckily, it was a children's chorus singing the song.

I never thought that would be a lucky thing.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been Whammed!

It happened just now. I'm in a coffee shop hanging out and getting a little work done. The song comes on the radio. "Oh, I've been whammed!" I call out. The woman nearest me looks at me oddly, but I decide not to explain myself.

So close. :(
Sonic#

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Just 2½ more hours (for those on the east coast)!

I already got Whammed, but Jenner didn't yet. I could pull up the video and blast it on the speakers, but that'd feel too much like cheating at this point. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I made it! Got lucky a few times over the last couple of days, but I made it!

I'll be honest, Kizyr, I'm surprised that Jenner didn't get you. I guess before you got out you guys had that whole mutually assured destruction thing going on.

Edit: I want to wish everyone a merry Christmas... and a happy Christmas for British people.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Werefrog, I promised him I'd be sporting.
I also made it all season. :D
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

So yesterday I was playing games in the car. Had earphones on.
Suddenly there was a change of scene in the game and the music from the game faded away, as the Wham demon arose in the background.......... i was like :shock:
Well I lost.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

jay_are wrote:So yesterday I was playing games in the car. Had earphones on.
Suddenly there was a change of scene in the game and the music from the game faded away, as the Wham demon arose in the background.......... i was like :shock:
Well I lost.
So close! Really this could have happened to any of us. The opportunity to be Whammed is omnipresent. The best we can do is limit our exposure to the worst offenders such as certain radio stations and holiday parties... I was meant to go to a holiday party, but I couldn't due to school and work (mostly work). I wonder where I would have been today if I had gone to that party...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I made it. I'm a little disappointed.
「まあいいけど。」

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ Then you should've celebrated by listening to the song! Maybe you missed the sense of completion.

Or maybe one should pick a typical Valentine's Day song to avoid.
Sonic#