lol Plaza Capcom??

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

lol Plaza Capcom??

Post by jay_are »

Not really Capcom but thats what it says. At least I hope.

For your entertainment! :lol:
Dude how could so many things go wrong in 1 sign?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: lol Plaza Capcom??

Post by Shiva Indis »

"The photo booth corner is reserved for women."

I was curious about why an arcade operator would have a restriction like this, so I did some research:

As it turns out...these photo booths are mostly used by women. Some men have started trying to hit on the photo booth patrons, using the big, boxy booths to shield them from scrutiny. The arcade operators are trying to give women a harassment-free space so they won't get fed up and stop visiting altogether.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Those are very common in arcades' print club (puri-kura) corners. It's for the reason Shiva Indis just mentioned (plus the fact that they're most popular among teenage girls) -- I've accidentally wandered into one or two of those areas because the signs were poorly posted (and got a few mean looks before I noticed the sign). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Oh crap. That's interesting. I had no idea what it was all about. Thanks guys!!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That does look like Capcom's logo, though, so I'd expect it really is Capcom.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Hey, Japan, here's an idea. How about you start having the police crack down on sexual offenders to prevent further incidents, because just segregating men and women isn't going to fix the problem. Now I know that personal dignity is big deal for you guys, but seriously, someone that's been sexually assaulted has already had had an affront put on their dignity (and that's the least of their problems, actually). Just a crazy, American idea!
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Erm, LunarRaptor, I know you mean well, but that post was... well... really ethnocentric.

I'll start off by saying that trying to create a "Safe Space" for women isn't the same as segregation (there's no "Men Only" section that women can't go into). It's the same idea as "Women Only" cars on trains during rush hour--by and large, most female commuters really appreciate the creation of those safe areas. But, those are partial measures--there are a lot of other measures meant to target or deter would-be criminals.

Trying to make it an "American" vs "Japanese" thing is where the ethnocentrism comes in -- there's just as much of a problem with sexual assault in the US (in DC, they have some ad campaigns and other laws on the metro that are rather similar to those I've seen in Tokyo, for instance--they even have some of the same measures that seem totally ineffective...). Not to mention that, if you were to ask a lot of the folks living around the US bases in Okinawa or Tokyo, they'd probably be quicker to equate "American" ideas as contributors to sexual assault (rightly or wrongly; there are ongoing problems with soldiers' behavior off-base, but whether this is overrepresented in news/media is hard for me to say).

Like I said, I know you mean well, but just speak as yourself instead of trying to turn it into an American vs. Japanese thing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Sorry. I don't hate Japan or the Japanese people, but things like this just set me off something fierce.

Of course, I'm also a guy who thinks that cops should be given the go-ahead to brutally beat sexual predators.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray