Happy april fooling!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Happy april fooling!

Post by jay_are »

It's been 4 years since I made that April fools project about Lunar 2 on GBA...
Time flies. But those are some of my best memories!

But hey it seems GameArts is about to surprise us this time :O
Has anyone heard of this?

Click on the above link to read more! FINALLY LUNAR 3!!!!
Apparently its working title is Lunar 3 Cataclysm...

If that link doesn't work click here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Cataclysm
Last edited by Sonic# on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: The first link wasn't working, so I fixed it.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: Happy april fooling!

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm not sure if it's gonna work or not, but I've got a small prank planned for my boss. I'm gonna be at work a few hours before him today, so I'm gonna leave him a message from a "Mr. Baer" asking him to call back soon. The number is going to be for the Las Vegas Zoo.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I believe nothing today - lol

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

This one is still the best we ever pulled off:

http://www.lunar-net.com/fhs.php

It managed to make it onto all sorts of gaming news websites around the world.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I forgot to check the site yesterday? Did Lunar-Net do one? I remember that April Fool's used be big on Working Designs, but I can't really remember any specifically.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

GhaleonOne wrote:This one is still the best we ever pulled off:

That's so -Fatal Hopper- up.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

That was my source of motivation!!
Last edited by Sonic#
Hey, there was no need to =P that page doesn't exist. The point was to make people click on a picture that wouldn't do anything. But the fool is still the same whether the link is real or not so no problem!

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I remember making a topic about it on the now defunct forums at lunareb.com. I recall my initial impression as being "Well, I'm skeptical of any news I read on April 1 but this looks interesting if true." It really was quite well done. I wasn't really sure it was a joke until a bit later when I saw some character art in a style that looked just a little too familiar.

EDIT: After running the link on the page G1 posted through the magic that is the Internet Archive I was actually able to bring up the old post itself: http://web.archive.org/web/200305131721 ... 00355.html

It seems my memories were mostly right but it looks like I did hold out some slim hope even after the wallpaper was released. Mostly though when I read that I cringe a little at what my 19 year old self was writing. I come off as a bit prickly in that thread. I wonder if I was having a bad day or what.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Hey, there was no need to =P that page doesn't exist. The point was to make people click on a picture that wouldn't do anything. But the fool is still the same whether the link is real or not so no problem!
Is there need for any April Fool's joke? I understood the point. My joke was pretending that you couldn't get the link to work, and correcting it. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Imperial Knight wrote:It seems my memories were mostly right but it looks like I did hold out some slim hope even after the wallpaper was released. Mostly though when I read that I cringe a little at what my 19 year old self was writing. I come off as a bit prickly in that thread. I wonder if I was having a bad day or what.
I didn't get that impression. Maybe it's just comparing how you'd word things now versus how you worded things back then?

It seemed that most people simply had fun with the joke, allowing a little cautious optimism despite knowing in all likelihood it was an elaborate prank. I'm impressed that so many people recognized Renn's artwork though.

BTW, if you want embarrassing... There are some Japanese-to-English translations I did back when I barely knew any (basically, anything I did before, say, 2002) that I'm so embarrassed about that I won't even Google for them. I'm too scared to see how shoddy a job it was. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

It's not so much my reaction to the joke itself as some of my replies to what others said in the topic that I find a bit embarrassing. That said, I think you're right that some of it is just I'd word things differently now.

Regarding Renn's artwork, I think it was a combination of having a distinctive style and being pretty active in sending fan art to WD, various Lunar forums, etc.