Lunar landing on PS4!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar landing on PS4!

Post by jay_are »

On their own, the two less well known Lunar titles aren't very effective...
... but together they make a very strong game!

The title that might not only restore the hopes of the series' fans, but bring JRPGs back home full force!
Magical School Lunar! X Genesis.
Features a crossover of characters and locations from Magic School Lunar and Lunar Genesis combined seamlessly in 1 single but grand adventure!
Coming out in Japan this year.

Last edited by jay_are on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Lunar landing on PS4!

Post by Nonononoki »

Haha, I almost took the bait - but then I saw today's date xD
Imo, this is a horrible idea to resurrect the series :) I'd prefer if one would take Lunar 1 and 2 and combine them to one grand adventure

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Edit: Also did you make that yourself? Cause that's pretty good.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Rather than it have anything to do with Jian, I'd be a lot more interested in a Gilligan's Island game with the Lunar cast. lol

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Another great piece of artwork, jay_are. I'd like to move this thread to news, but I don't appear to have that privilege.
Leo wrote:Rather than it have anything to do with Jian, I'd be a lot more interested in a Gilligan's Island game with the Lunar cast. lol
Make it happen -- rom hack!!
「まあいいけど。」

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Shiva Indis wrote:Another great piece of artwork, jay_are. I'd like to move this thread to news, but I don't appear to have that privilege.
Leo wrote:Rather than it have anything to do with Jian, I'd be a lot more interested in a Gilligan's Island game with the Lunar cast. lol
Make it happen -- rom hack!!
Should've said this in my previous post. Yes that IS well done!

As much as I wish I could, I'd probably be a fat guy if I was able to hack roms. Lunar needs to get things like that from the fans and should become more well known. Even fans playing the music from the series on YouTube is severely lacking.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Shiva Indis wrote:Another great piece of artwork, jay_are. I'd like to move this thread to news, but I don't appear to have that privilege.
Thank you very much!! : D Feel free anyone if they want and can.
Leo wrote:Rather than it have anything to do with Jian
Nonononoki wrote:Imo, this is a horrible idea to resurrect the series I'd prefer if one would take Lunar 1 and 2 and combine them to one grand adventure
Lol but reconsider! It would not be the same people that wrote and made Dragon Song. It would definitely have talented devs working behind it to make Lunar DS' things look at par with Lunar 1 and 2 for once to put the fans at peace.
It's like if Jean from Lunar 2 had a game where she was the protagonist before Lunar 2 came out, and that her game would unfortunately be absolute arse, then the writer took the good things about the character and made good use of it in Lunar 2.
I believe someone can turn Lunar DS' things into something great, but its still also part of the fun to re-use the hated Lunar game's character in it. :lol:

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

How the Hell do you mix Lunar 1 and 2? They take place an entire millennium apart! The geography even changed! lol

As for Dragon Song, I've forgotten most of it. Shortly after I finished it, I tried arguing in favor of it to the friend that introduced me to the series. He then asks "What's the main character's name?" and I went "It's...umm....wow.." and I realized how right he was. It's just so incredibly halfassed. Despite being made by Game Arts, it somehow managed to feel like fan fiction. It's baffling. I'm shunning it entirely. And yes, I am arrogant to the point of basically saying "Game Arts, what you said happened in your story didn't happen."

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Leo wrote:How the Hell do you mix Lunar 1 and 2? They take place an entire millennium apart! The geography even changed! lol
That would only happen through a magical device that combines 2 different times and allow characters to cross from one side to the other XD maybe.
But to be honest, during early development of Lunar 2, it was planned that all Lunar 1 characters would return, as it was originally meant to happen only shortly after Lunar 1, but slightly older characters. For example I think Lunar 2's Ramus was supposed to be the same as Lunar 1's.
Leo wrote: "Game Arts, what you said happened in your story didn't happen."
This is still true though. It's just a fan game funded by the company that has the rights.
Leo wrote:"What's the main character's name?" and I went "It's...umm....wow.."
Wow lmao really??? That's great. Its like how I asked someone "What's your favorite music from Metroid Prime?" "What's your favorite area?" "What's your favorite weapon or tool?" "What's your favorite boss?" These are things I can answer for any classic Metroid, but my friend couldn't give me the answer about Prime. He just did like you and said "You know what you're right".

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

jay_are wrote:
Leo wrote:How the Hell do you mix Lunar 1 and 2? They take place an entire millennium apart! The geography even changed! lol
That would only happen through a magical device that combines 2 different times and allow characters to cross from one side to the other XD maybe.
But to be honest, during early development of Lunar 2, it was planned that all Lunar 1 characters would return, as it was originally meant to happen only shortly after Lunar 1, but slightly older characters. For example I think Lunar 2's Ramus was supposed to be the same as Lunar 1's.
Leo wrote: "Game Arts, what you said happened in your story didn't happen."
This is still true though. It's just a fan game funded by the company that has the rights.
Leo wrote:"What's the main character's name?" and I went "It's...umm....wow.."
Wow lmao really??? That's great. Its like how I asked someone "What's your favorite music from Metroid Prime?" "What's your favorite area?" "What's your favorite weapon or tool?" "What's your favorite boss?" These are things I can answer for any classic Metroid, but my friend couldn't give me the answer about Prime. He just did like you and said "You know what you're right".
That magic time travel device would probably work well for a Lunar MMORPG but I don't play those anymore because I actually like video games. Yeah I know, I love the making of discs. =)

A fan game funded by the company that has the rights? Elaborate on this.

I consider 3D Metroid to be great and I'm glad the series successfully transitioned to 3D. You'd think with people calling so many Castlevania entries "Metroidvania games", that series could pull off a great 3D Castlevania but that seems like something we won't see any time soon. One way or the other, each series should continue to get 2D entries as well. I'm not sure how other fans feel about the game, but I had a lot of fun with Metroid Prime: Hunters on DS. Except the online didn't last long because of hackers and glitch exploiters.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Moved! At least for the day.

I was thinking of the Four Heros game. Very nice! I also like the crossover meme. It makes me wonder about, say, a Lunar x Grandia game. Lots of potential for crossover between Valmar and Zophar.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Leo wrote:
> A fan game funded by the company that has the rights? Elaborate on this.

You know, only like 2 or 3 people that worked in the original games worked in Lunar Dragon Song, and they aren't any of the key people, like graphic designer, music composer or programming. The character designer from Lunar 1 and 2 only seems to have come only supervised the character design, but not create them. From wikipedia:
Lunar: Dragon Song is the first game in the series to not have Toshiyuki Kubooka as lead character designer, but rather as a design supervisor who made final decisions on each character's appearance and maintain a "distinct Lunar feel"

Actually, it can't even be called a fan game funded by the company. I take that back. Maybe Jenner could tell you more, but I heard that fans contributed ideas to make the game less like how it is and be more Lunar, but the developers ignored most if not all of this!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Knowing how GameArts views the Lunar property these days, I wouldn't be surprised if this pulled together the battle mechanics and characterization of Lunar: DS, and the encounter rate of Magical School Lunar. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

JonOU812 wrote:
> Edit: Also did you make that yourself? Cause that's pretty good.
Didn't see this here. Yes I did :) Thanks!

@Kizyr:
HAHAHA holy crap. You forgot breaking weapons and losing of HP when you run.
Nah, but in all seriousness, if they didnt do that to SSH, I don't think those horrible features would ever make a come-back.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Funny enough, I had a dream the other day that Lunar 3 was coming out. After all these years, and I still dream about this series.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Could you see what Lunar 3 looked like in that dream?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Like 1 and 2, just different people. It had anime scenes and everything. But like true dream fashion, I don't remember anything more than that, not even the anime side of it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

This made me so happy to see! lol I miss some of the hysterical, elaborate, and at times infuriating April Fools pranks pulled on this site back in the day! ;)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

LuNaRtIc wrote:This made me so happy to see! lol I miss some of the hysterical, elaborate, and at times infuriating April Fools pranks pulled on this site back in the day! ;)
Looool thanks!!
I love it too, I want to see more people getting creative with teasing people.