The Great Flood

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Great Flood

Post by Ardent Fox »

At the time of writing this entry I am currently on the search for a new apartment as well as a new job. Both seemed to get washed away in the flood that occurred here in South Carolina. The job shouldn't be a problem, in fact I have something lined up, but the apartment is an issue. It will also mark the first time I've lived alone. Even when I was in the service, I had "roommates" technically. I'm not sure how I'll hold up with or even afford any of this nonsense, but I plan on making the best of it where I can. It's going to be rough, but I decided to let everyone know what is going on so if I poof and anyone notices, you'll know why.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: The Great Flood

Post by Sonic# »

I'm really sorry to hear you got flooded out man. The rain was bad enough where I am. Watching images of Columbia, SC, it was hard to fathom. I'll keep you in my thoughts, especially with finding a place to live.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Flooding is horrid. I know how that can feel (perhaps not to the extant you had). The creek behind us likes to go over the hill in back and its flooded pretty bad before. The one time we lost a lot of stuff.

I wish you good luck though! And ferrets! XD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

After months of loafing, I've finally been able to get things back on track here. This means I'm back online. Hopefully for a while now. It's been a very rough few months with little help outside of friends who were able to loan me enough to get somewhere.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry to hear it's been so rough, but glad to hear that things are coming back together.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Thanks. I can't remember the last time I've been homeless four times in the same week, but it certainly was an experience.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I admit I was worried, especially since, well, I don't really have a way to contact you outside of this forum... (And I'm afraid I wouldn't have much to offer anyways.)

I'm thankful you're getting back though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)