Welcome to the future!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Welcome to the future!

Post by Imperial Knight »

Today is the day Doc Brown, Marty McFly and Jennifer Parker travel to from 1985 in the Back to the Future Part II. They're set to arrive at 4:29 PM Pacific Time. Break out your hoverboard, turn your pockets inside out, and get ready to fax news of the Cubs finally winning the World Series to all your friends.

EDIT: What was I thinking? I originally included Einstein the dog in the group arriving today. He was already there, waiting for Doc in a suspended animation kennel.
Last edited by Imperial Knight on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: Welcome to the future!

Post by brit »

This was all over the news this morning. ^^'' Here's a video they showcased for it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LI_EqnJq8

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Great Scott! I've been waiting for this day for 30 years! Er, well, maybe more like 25 considering when I first actually saw BttF.

Guys, also, check out USA Today's logo for the day. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I remember watching this movie in the theater. Considering that by the time I went to college I could count the number of movies I'd seen in a theater without taking off my socks, that was unusual.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Back to the Future Part II is actually one of the first movies I can remember seeing in theaters. The funny thing with the original is that I first saw it on a VHS my family had made by taping it off of NBC and, since it was one of my favorite movies growing up, I watched that VHS many times, to the point where I became used to the TV edit. Now when I see the movie (today, for example) some of the unedited lines sound "wrong" to me just because I'm still so used to that old VHS despite not having watched it in years.

Back to the Future is still one of my favorite movies, although my reasons why have certainly evolved over the years. As a kid I was really fascinated with the whole idea of time travel, but now I have a much greater appreciation for what a great premise the idea of meeting your parents as teenagers is and also for just how well crafted the whole film is. There's hardly a line of dialogue in the whole first half of the movie that doesn't pay off later, either as a plot point or as setup for a joke. There's very little filler and yet it all comes across very naturally. The sequels are not quite as good but I still enjoy both of them.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I remember watching this movie in the theater. Considering that by the time I went to college I could count the number of movies I'd seen in a theater without taking off my socks, that was unusual.
I think it's only 5 I've seen without taking of my socks. And I thought I was the only one who went to most movies barefoot! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

So it knocked your socks off, Alun?

I was born the year it came out, so 2015 has always been the year I would be 30 years old. Now it's 2015 and I'm 30 and newly married. It feels a little anticlimactic. :)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

You're newly married? Congratulations.. I'm always going to be in awe when I hear about two people coming together like that! Also.. There's a pretty fun video of Michael J. Fox putting on self tying shoes. Just to add to the spirit of the movie!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:So it knocked your socks off, Alun?

I was born the year it came out, so 2015 has always been the year I would be 30 years old. Now it's 2015 and I'm 30 and newly married. It feels a little anticlimactic. :)
I heard about this via Facebook. Looks like somebody forgot to announce it to the rest of the board, hmm....? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, what??

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It's been a busy couple of weeks. ^^;;; I'll make a post about it soon.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time