Member Pictures 2

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

I thought it was dark brown? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different suit.

I'm inclined to think that the gray blazer isn't as good a match for your skin, although it's a nice jacket. One of the unfortunate things about menswear is that the grayed, unsaturated colors that are used in so many men's clothes don't work too well on non-Caucasians. When I-Gene and I went shopping for a suit for him there was pretty much one option: navy. (Well, black would've worked, but we didn't want to get that formal.)

The tie is a good color for the khakis but not a great combo with the blue shirt. I'd say in general to be either all cool tones or all warm tones if possible. However, sometimes you've got to work with what you have. If you have a light or white shirt, I'd put that together with the darker suit and tie and see if it works; if you have a blue/navy tie it might work with the gray jacket and blue shirt, although then the khakis might really clash if they're the only warm color.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Caucasians look good in greys, but we really can't touch white suits. Dark-skinned people look MUCH better in them.
-Rich-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I thought it was dark brown? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different suit.

Yeah, that's another suit altogether. That one's a little too formal to be wearing for an interview.

Alunissage wrote:I'm inclined to think that the gray blazer isn't as good a match for your skin, although it's a nice jacket.

Yeah, like most other people said, I was thinking the same thing. I might be able to work it into a few other outfits, though. That grey blazer was on sale a while back (real cheap, too) which is the main reason I got it. I don't have money to go and buy a navy blue one (which is the other route I would've gone, had I had one).

Alunissage wrote:The tie is a good color for the khakis but not a great combo with the blue shirt. I'd say in general to be either all cool tones or all warm tones if possible. However, sometimes you've got to work with what you have. If you have a light or white shirt, I'd put that together with the darker suit and tie and see if it works; if you have a blue/navy tie it might work with the gray jacket and blue shirt, although then the khakis might really clash if they're the only warm color.

Oh there's no worry about limitations with ties and shirts. I have plenty of those and plenty different colours (I normally wear button-down shirts anyway, so it's easy to use those for both formal and casual).

You think that an off-white shirt with the gold tie and black blazer would work? Or maybe the same, but with a silk red tie instead... but I haven't worn anything that looks that plain in ages. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I think either of those could work...might depend on how red the latter tie is, and how lawyerly you want to look. ;) Feel free to post pics of those combos. Actually, you could probably do just about any tie with a dark suit and white/offwhite shirt. Well, within reason, anyway. I saw a picture of the 'winner' of a bad tie contest once. It was pink and green with clear plastic fur all over it.

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Do I have to show you men how to dress for a job interview - -''...in clothes that actually match...I didn't take textiles and fashion for no reason - -'....I may have hated it, but I did ace it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's hardly necessary to take such classes to be able to evaluate clothing, and even taking the classes won't necessarily make someone good at it, grades or no.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Pisces wrote: 8) I can't remember - have you posted any pics, NallOne???

No, I haven't. I'm severely camera shy. (More like the camera shatters before it can take the picture :x ) In fact, I think my most recent 'flattering' picture is more than 4 years old. :shock:
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You had a class called that? O_o

Well, men are pretty much limited to what they can wear, where-as women have so many possibilities, that not even einstein could calculate them all.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

phyco126 wrote:You had a class called that? O_o

Well, men are pretty much limited to what they can wear, where-as women have so many possibilities, that not even einstein could calculate them all.

I've always thought it was seriously unfair that women can get away with t-shirts, jeans, suits and even ties, but if a Man puts on a blouse or dress he gets all hell. It is hardly fair. How come we have to be so limited in our choices, but the ladies have everything to choose from?

..but that is the makings of another topic. 8)
- Mike

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I tried on a few more... This is mostly with the same shirt, just swapping out the jacket/slacks and all.

ImageImageImageImage

I'm thinking just the plain black jacket/pants with something... leaning towards the gold tie though. ...that second set looks bad with the different shades, doesn't it... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

I like the last one IMO.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Edit: Well I originally liked the second from the left, but I didn't realize at first it was different shades (thought it was just the lighting). I think the last one on the right looks nicest.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm for the last or the first.

The gold tie actually looks good with the tan-ish pants.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Leftmost: tie and pants together good, jacket not so good.
Second: I think this would work with a blue-toned tie or perhaps that dark red one, but not the gold.
Third: good.
Fourth: also good, tie is rather conservative. Depending on what you're interviewing for that could be good or bad.

So if you're leaning toward the gold tie I'd say #3.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I like the last one (the black suit), but the second one (the all grey suit) looks nice too.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I think I'll go with the third one, then (off-white shirt, black suit, gold tie). I never got much mileage out of that tie, so I think it'd work fine.

Alunissage wrote:Leftmost: tie and pants together good, jacket not so good.
Second: I think this would work with a blue-toned tie or perhaps that dark red one, but not the gold.
Third: good.
Fourth: also good, tie is rather conservative. Depending on what you're interviewing for that could be good or bad.

So with the leftmost one, what sort of jacket do you think might do well (for future notice)? A standard navy-blue one, I'm thinking, but I could be (very) wrong about that.

I used to wear the fourth outfit often while I was debating in high school. If I ever end up being interviewed by, say, the Heritage Foundation or something, I'll keep that one in mind {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Someday...I'll have a scanner.

In the meantime, I'll leave ya all jealous for the fact I get to wear sweats to work. Truly, there's no better job then WebDevel Programming.

...If you're me :D
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Someday...I'll have a scanner.

In the meantime, I'll leave ya all jealous for the fact I get to wear sweats to work. Truly, there's no better job then WebDevel Programming.

...If you're me Very Happy

I wish I could find a job within a field similiar to that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to move soon.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*shrug* I could wear sweats if I wanted, but I prefer jeans. Need pockets for my keys and IDs.
Kiz wrote:So with the leftmost one, what sort of jacket do you think might do well (for future notice)? A standard navy-blue one, I'm thinking, but I could be (very) wrong about that

No, sounds good. I'd put the navy jacket with the gray pants if you don't have matching navy, though.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I don't know about all this dress code stuff. I just wear khakis and a button up shirt, unbuttoned. Then again, that's Wal-Mart, when I decide to go into the "PROGRAM", maybe I'll dress a lil' nicer.

PICTURES!!

...possible repeat... But pink is hot!!

ImageImageImage