I visit this site once and a while because...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: I visit this site once and a while because...

Postby Dragon Master Lunar81 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I visit this site because this is still THE premier site for anything Lunar series based in any language. I've tried looking for a Japanese based site and nothing even comes close to the variety of media on this site. Props to our community for building and maintaining that.

That's what keeps me coming back. That and the people. The memories from when I used to regularly post and my curiosity as to how everyone is doing keeps me coming back albeit not as often as I would like.

That's unfortunate to hear you had a bad time. PMing people privately is a better way of dealing with an issue instead of labelling all or a majority of a community "fringe". Forums by definition are cliquey. That's just the way she rolls.

ShugoHanasaki
Red Dragon Priest

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:58 am

I'm really glad I found this place for those reasons above and so many more ^_^
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Postby phyco126 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:26 pm

I can't even remember where I came from. I think I just stumbled onto these forums back in 2001.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Postby Jenner » Wed May 01, 2019 11:17 am

Look, the Lunar franchise is a surprisingly obscure series. I spend a lot of time talking with folks who game and most of the folks I talk to don't even know what Lunar is. I visit this site to post whatever Lunar related nonsense is in my head at the moment, rant about video games in general, shitpost in Almost Anything Goes and whatever else. I've been part of this fandom and this community since the ACO days but that doesn't mean I'm better than anyone else. I met my spouse because of this game. I met some of the best people in my life because of this community. It is my desire for this community to be a friendly, safe, fun community for fans of this obscure video game series that changed my entire life. I want this community to be accepting of marginalized people such as, but not limited to, people of color, people of minority religions, LGBT+ people, and disabled people. And while I'm not really a mod here I feel the mods and administrators would agree with me that this forum is welcome to anyone who is not hostile to marginalized people. And, while I cannot speak for the mods and admins, I personally do not want anyone who is hostile to marginalized people to be part of this community.

Anyway, wouldn't it be extremely clever if someone specifically made just one thread on these forums for video games about real life politics and then the kind of folks I don't want here got real heated in that thread and also raged about it elsewhere on the forums so the vulnerable people in this community could make note of those people and the moderation team could keep track of them? That would be really clever. I'm sure glad nobody did that and continues to do that.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Return to “Almost Anything Goes Board”