I visit this site once and a while because...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: I visit this site once and a while because...

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I visit this site because this is still THE premier site for anything Lunar series based in any language. I've tried looking for a Japanese based site and nothing even comes close to the variety of media on this site. Props to our community for building and maintaining that.

That's what keeps me coming back. That and the people. The memories from when I used to regularly post and my curiosity as to how everyone is doing keeps me coming back albeit not as often as I would like.

That's unfortunate to hear you had a bad time. PMing people privately is a better way of dealing with an issue instead of labelling all or a majority of a community "fringe". Forums by definition are cliquey. That's just the way she rolls.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I'm really glad I found this place for those reasons above and so many more ^_^
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I can't even remember where I came from. I think I just stumbled onto these forums back in 2001.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Look, the Lunar franchise is a surprisingly obscure series. I spend a lot of time talking with folks who game and most of the folks I talk to don't even know what Lunar is. I visit this site to post whatever Lunar related nonsense is in my head at the moment, rant about video games in general, shitpost in Almost Anything Goes and whatever else. I've been part of this fandom and this community since the ACO days but that doesn't mean I'm better than anyone else. I met my spouse because of this game. I met some of the best people in my life because of this community. It is my desire for this community to be a friendly, safe, fun community for fans of this obscure video game series that changed my entire life. I want this community to be accepting of marginalized people such as, but not limited to, people of color, people of minority religions, LGBT+ people, and disabled people. And while I'm not really a mod here I feel the mods and administrators would agree with me that this forum is welcome to anyone who is not hostile to marginalized people. And, while I cannot speak for the mods and admins, I personally do not want anyone who is hostile to marginalized people to be part of this community.

Anyway, wouldn't it be extremely clever if someone specifically made just one thread on these forums for video games about real life politics and then the kind of folks I don't want here got real heated in that thread and also raged about it elsewhere on the forums so the vulnerable people in this community could make note of those people and the moderation team could keep track of them? That would be really clever. I'm sure glad nobody did that and continues to do that.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

kazuya
Lyton Singer

Post by kazuya »

Personally I think this is an inviting community of people who love a classic. Maybe people get off-put by how knowledgeable some posters are? Either way, with all the polarization and people around the country actively going after each other (I think this will only get worse with technology), I actually feel safe on these forums because people don't play into all that noise and nonsense.
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Actually, not as many of us were at the WDMB as you might think. I was (it was the first forum I ever joined), and I met G1 there, but Kizyr and Sonic# weren't, as far as I know. I think ImperialKnight posted there too, and a few others. Kizyr was on the Shrine to Ghaleon board, and I dunno about Sonic#. G1, of course, founded LunarNET, which became RPGFan, and then he redid LN as its own site in, I dunno, 2000-2001? (There was a forum upgrade in late 2002 that required us all to reregister, which is why several of us have join dates within a day or two.) Some people also used to post at lunareb.com.

So...same era, I guess, but several different places with this as a common point.
Add me to the "from the WDMB" list. I still lurk from time to time, I just haven't had much to say in recent years as I try to sort out my own stuff. I'm always on the lookout for new(old) Lunar stuff whenever I'm in the city.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ack! Sorry, i didn't mean to leave you out of that list!! There's also ShadowAce, who showed up here now and again (MagicEmperorNash on the WDMB). Anyway, good to see you. How's the art going?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Ack! Sorry, i didn't mean to leave you out of that list!! There's also ShadowAce, who showed up here now and again (MagicEmperorNash on the WDMB). Anyway, good to see you. How's the art going?
Art is going alright, trying to learn Clip Studio Paint since that's what all the cool kids are using these days. I have an idea for a non-lewd visual novel that I'd like to make but knowing how slow I am I'm looking at a 5 year timeframe in the best of circumstances lol. I'll probably end up trying to write it as a novel instead but I'm gonna try the VN route.
-Nobi

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

This was my first lunar forum I ever joined, though I remeber looking at lunareb a lot too. Back then and even now this is my favorite place to look at artwork and read up about the franchise. I also like to lurk around the boards and read old discussions about the lore and such. I also use the merchandise list on the site to help me find stuff that I have been collecting too.

Personally I have never had an issue with anyone here though I mostly just stick to lunar and a few other video game topics.

Happy 2021 by the way guys. It is nice to see you all.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

bmt
NPC

Post by bmt »

i also posted on lunareb.com. greetings.