Cats own

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
ShadowAce
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Cats own

Post by ShadowAce »

www.extremely-sharp.com/direct/catvideo.html

This clip is so old, seeing as how it's from America's Funniest Home Videos from back in the day, but it's still kinda cute and I'm sure everyone will love this. :D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Awwww, cats.

I'm typically more affectionate about dogs, but... how did that cat go under the door like that? Do they have cartilaginous skeletons?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Personally, I more prefer a doggy dog world.

Bow wow wow...

But funny video.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I like cats more than dogs... cause they're MUCH less work and they are smarter/less annoying. Besides, if I want a dog, I'll just turn on my Nintendo DS and play with my Nintendogs. :P

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

that's so funny :D I'd love to have such a cat. but mine is fat and lazy :roll: he always makes me think of Garfield.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

The cat attacking the dog was great. Talk about fearless :P It was a huge dog.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Cats rule, dogs drool :P

We found a whole litter of kittens today under our neighbors porch stairs.

And my cat is the best cat in the world. Except he's mad now...because we brought in a litter of kittens.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Are you kidding me? Dogs are awesome! They are totally the only animal that will chase a ball into oncoming traffic :D

Of course I'm only kidding, I love cats more. My cat brings home mice and birds (which I either have had to save or throw away if they're dead, can't bury the poor things.)

Anyway, on Sonic#'s question, cats are very agile and can squize in tight places much like mice and other creatures. However, I've never seen a cat be able to do that......

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Actually...I think my cat would chase a ball into oncoming traffic as well...In fact, he drinks out of the toilet too...
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've read of cats being toilet-trained, as in using the toilet rather than their litter box. How this is accomplished I have no idea.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yeah, I think it depends on the breed of the cat as well. I've seen video footage on America's Funniest Home Videos where a cat actually lifted up the toilet seat and went to the washroom. :shock:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually Alunissage, usually you just put use a special form of litter box that attaches to the toilet, eventually you take it away and the cat doesn't care or notice the difference.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Far and away dogs are much better than cats.

Cats cannot be trained, and they are like an automatic Alpha based on their nature and what you do for them. Since you feed them, it's basically you become the cat's property. You do the work, they get the reward.

Also, from what I have seen, dogs will obey you if you know how to train them. They operate 100% on instinct and if trained properly (As it applies to their natural instrints) have no lame personality that translates to pooing in your shoe or ripping up your furniture.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Cats use the toilet for sure. And flush too. Hasn't anyone seen Meet the Parents?

Regardless, I like dogs more than cats. Cats are obnoxious. I've only liked a few cats, as my mom has owned quite a few cats over the years, being in love with the stupid things. They just scream arrogance like they run the damn place. And that crap about cats being smarter than dogs is a load. Most dogs I've ever had were smart as hell, and much cooler. Handy too. My dog hates flies, and catches them. He even pulled a bird out of mid-air in the backyard when he was younger. And he's never been hunting. He just didn't like the birds that kept swooping down, so he took one out. :P
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Pfft, cats are smarter. It's just like what DBD said. With dogs, you own them. With cats, they own you. That should be enough proof.

I mean, think about teaching a trick to each...

Me: Ok boy, fetch the stick!
Dog: *runs out, picks up stick, and brings it back*
Me: Ok boy, do it again!
Dog: *runs out, picks up stick, and brings it back*

Me: Ok, now fetch the stick!
Cat: *stares at stick, back at me, and thinks 'why should I?'*
Me: Go on, fetch!
Cat: *looks back at stick, and back at me*
Me: Oh all right. *goes to get stick and brings it back to cat*
Cat: *that's right, fetch boy, fetch...*

Who's the smart one now? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

First off, cats > dog (IMO of course). They seem more...human to me. The way my cat acts and 'lives' reminds me so much of a human. She likes to figure out how to do the things we do, even though sometimes it just isn't possible. A few examples:

She tries to open doors. She can't, obviously, but she tries her hardest to do it. She also sleeps like a human. (She comes into my Dad's or my bed and lays her head on the pillow and waits for me to pull the covers up to her neck.)

Probably the funniest of all is she goes to the bathroom like a human. Now, she can't use the toilet. (She might figure it out if we left the seat open, but she's a klutzy cat and we don't want her getting stuck in there or something.) What she does is...is does her 'business' in her litter box, but then rather than cover it up she'll hop onto the toilet and fiddle with the handle until it flushes. Then she'll go sniff her litter box, see it still smells and repeat a couple times until she gets fed up and leaves the bathroom. It is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen, although I've tried to take her paws and show her what she is supposed to do and she refuses. Maybe she just likes the sound of the toilet flushing. >__>

As for the video...

Both the bathtub and Mirror cats remind me SO much of my cat. For some reason, Tiger (yes, very cliché name...I was 9. x_x) has always loved my Dad's bathtub. She loves to sleep in it, and sits in my lap when I am sitting on the side of it to turn the water on. (She likes to watch it pour into the tub, for some reason.) Well, one time she was locked in my room while I was filling it, but she heard the water running. So when my Dad opened my bedroom door she came running into the bathroom and into my lap, but she was going so fast she just kept going right into the tub. >_> Her first and last actual bath. XD

As for the Mirror cat: When she was a kitten she was very vane. She loved to play with herself in the mirror and just watch herself. At one point the mirror she always looked into, which was mine, came with me when I moved to my Mom's. So from the time she was about a month old till she was 4 she didn't have any mirrors. Well...I got a newer better mirror, so I brought the old one back to my Dad's and when she saw herself... :lol: I've never seen her act like that before. It was like she was terrified of her reflection. I guess she didn't realize how much she changed or something...

Long post. Sorry. ^^; I love my cat a lot, and I miss her since she lives with my Dad. Not that I don't love my dog, though. >_>

Small edit:

GhaleonOne wrote: My dog hates flies, and catches them

Funny...I thought my dog was unique in that. Oh well! :P I hate flies, and I think she hunts them down just for me sometimes. She won't even seem to notice, but I'll start swatting at it and shout "Get it, Jazz!" and she'll make it her life's mission to hunt it down. She always gets them too, but sometimes it takes ages. She gets mad at me when I pick them up and toss them, though. Maybe she wanted to eat it since she went through all the trouble of catching it? :lol: I don't know. My cat DOES like to eat crickets..
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

My cat hunts flies too!

I used to have a cat that used to play with herself in the mirror (or the spot of light on the wall like that other cat.) Cat's are certainly unique. Dogs are pretty smart too, but I still say Cats are smarter creatures. On contrary to belief, cats can be trained to do tricks (what, you people never watched cat movies?) They can also be potty trained and what not. Besides, cat's are funnier :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

Regardless, I like dogs more than cats. Cats are obnoxious. I've only liked a few cats, as my mom has owned quite a few cats over the years, being in love with the stupid things. They just scream arrogance like they run the damn place. And that crap about cats being smarter than dogs is a load. Most dogs I've ever had were smart as hell, and much cooler. Handy too. My dog hates flies, and catches them. He even pulled a bird out of mid-air in the backyard when he was younger. And he's never been hunting. He just didn't like the birds that kept swooping down, so he took one out.

It's so funny to read how much you hate cats :P
My dog hates flies, and catches them

yeah mine does that, too. sometimes I get crazy when he does that. he's running through the house like a nut then. He catches bees as well. sometimes they get stucked in his throat, then he's puking all day.
flying bugs are the only things he can catch, and he's a hound....but he's funny as well. when you say something to him he stares at you with an ''I don't get it''-face. so, he's not the smartest dog, but he's cute.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

NallOne wrote:cats > dog (IMO of course). They seem more...human to me. The way my cat acts and 'lives' reminds me so much of a human.

So what you're saying is, anyone that hates cats, in reality, must hate humans as well! Brilliant!! :D I agree :P

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ah, but dogs have size.

I'm a tall, 6'4" guy.

When you're my size, it's easy to trip over something cat sized.

But even someone my size can't trip over something german shepard sized.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.