The best games of all time!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

segaboy7, I'm adding these up and noticed you had Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the list twice. For now, I removed the second one and moved all the games you had listed below that up one place (meaning you don't have a game in the 20th slot). Just wanted to give you heads up in case you wanted to fix it.
-G1

Vane Premier
Reza Thief

Post by Vane Premier »

1. Super Metroid (SNES)
2. Final Fantasy II/IV (SNES)
3. Snatcher (Sega CD)
4. Sonic CD (Sega CD)
5. Secret of Mana (SNES)
6. Mega Man 2 (NES)
7. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
9. Final Fantasy III/VI (SNES)
10.Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
11.Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne)
12.Chrono Trigger (SNES)
13.Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)
14.Final Fantasy X (PS2)
15.Bionic Commando (NES)
16.Phantasy Star II (Genesis)
17.Lunar EBC (PSOne)
18.Lunar SSSC (PSOne)
19.NiGHTS into dreams (Saturn)
20.Sonic 2 (Genesis)

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

ohhh crap I didn't even notice, and I just got up soo if its not to late, my 20th is Battletoads, oh and the Dracula X on my list is the Snes version

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Re: Quick Questions about choices

Post by Rune Lai »

DragonmasterDan wrote:Rune: What about the arcade version of Cadash? And yes the Genesis version does suck, my knock on the TG16 one is that you can't save (damn HuCards).

Yeah, saving would have been the best, but alas. :| That was my favorite action adventure game of its era though. I spent many an afternoon going through that game again and again.

I never finished the arcade version of Cadash though and I know it had additional areas that the TG version didn't (I think the levels were truncated for the home version) so I didn't include it in my top 20. I liked it though. It was because of the arcade that I ran out and bought the Turbo version.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Re: Quick Questions about choices

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Rune Lai wrote:
DragonmasterDan wrote:Rune: What about the arcade version of Cadash? And yes the Genesis version does suck, my knock on the TG16 one is that you can't save (damn HuCards).

Yeah, saving would have been the best, but alas. :| That was my favorite action adventure game of its era though. I spent many an afternoon going through that game again and again.

I never finished the arcade version of Cadash though and I know it had additional areas that the TG version didn't (I think the levels were truncated for the home version) so I didn't include it in my top 20. I liked it though. It was because of the arcade that I ran out and bought the Turbo version.

Yeah, the Turbo version is nice, the only other knock I have is that it's hard to read the text on a Turbo Express (WD used a bit too small of a font)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I just know I'm leaving out some I'll want to put in when I think of them, as well as the ones I want to put in anyway. Oh well. I limited myself to games I've finished, or this list would look a bit different. As it is, beyond the first few ranking is pretty much impossible and I see them all about the same.

1. Legend of Zelda
2. TSS
3. Super Metroid
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Donkey Kong Country 3
6. Secret of Monkey Island
7. Growlanser II
8. Beyond Good and Evil
9. Zelda Link's Awakening
10. Zelda Link to the Past
11. Legend of Legaia
12. Lunar EB
13. Lunar SSSC
14. Lunar EBC
15. Donkey Kong Country 2
16. Mario and Luigi
17. Chrono Trigger
18. Arc Collection
19. Minish Cap
20. Metroid Fusion

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Okay, voting is closed, but it may be tomorrow before I finish tallying. Not sure. I may still try and finish it tonight, but I got down to Wd rpg wd's and haven't gotten any farther. So far, had the remakes and originals for Lunar been put together, Lunar 1 and 2 would have totally dominated everything, but even as it is, the remakes are both way out ahead so far. Of course, I'm not even halfway done tallying. We'll see in the end.

But yeah, voting is closed. Feel free to continue discussion if you guys like. I won't lock the topic.
-G1

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

To tell the truth I'm a bit surprised. I only see Xenogears up on the list once and it was a great game. I believe it received a couple of votes for game of the year back when it was released.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Jyd3n wrote:To tell the truth I'm a bit surprised. I only see Xenogears up on the list once and it was a great game. I believe it received a couple of votes for game of the year back when it was released.

From who? small RPG sites or Square related sites? Every seperate media outlet has their own "Game of the year" awards, outside of small sites dedicated to RPGs or Square I can't imagine anyone giving it that award at the time. For those who don't recall when Xenogears was released in 1998 "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time" was getting most of the praise as the best game of the year from practically every large media organization. The other big title released in 1998 was Metal Gear Solid for Playstation which was usually the "Playstation game of the year" choice from most big organizations. Xenogears got decent reviews at release, but it wasn't annointed as any sort of classic and it wasn't nearly as critically well recieved as another RPG say Panzer Dragoon Saga also released in 1998 which was the popular pick in the US for RPG of the year from organizations that didn't consider Zelda (at the time seen as an Action RPG Hybred though the criteria over the years has changed) part of the genre.

Xenogears became popular a while after it was initially released due to the somewhat controversial religious nature of its storyline and the fact that it had been out of print for a while. The consensus when it was released was that it was a rushed game with a good story but mediocre gameplay and level design.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

All the games have been accounted. I just need to sort them by votes now and I'll make a new topic listing the top games.
-G1