Greetings from germany

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Dark
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Dark »

SephirothX wrote: I didn´t like advent children. The atmosphere in the game was much better[/url]
Yeah I must agree with you. FFVII was much better than advent children.
"Soul Eater show your power, TAKE their souls. NOW!!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:
Rimmie wrote: ....I'll say that I think Sephiroth looks like David Bowie on the Labyrinth.
Best. Movie with Puppets in it. Ever. 'nuff said. *watches Labyrinth*
Labyrinth gave me a crush on Jennifer Connely since I was 10.

Come on, you know you thought she was hot, too. KF
Hey, I'm not gonna deny that one. I had a crush on her too since I saw that movie. Though a couple of weeks ago I watched the making of on the DVD, and found out she was 14 when they made that movie. I always thought she was 16 at the time. Hmmmm. Hey, she is still cute :P

Seph: I lived in Pfungstadt, just south of Darmstadt. I have nothing but beautiful memories of Germany, and of Europe. The things I loved the most where summers, the forests, and the old castles we would visit.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Heh, "...Nobody knew!! What kind of magic spell to use?" =p

Psycho said:
Hey, she is still cute
--
I have nothing but beautiful memories of Germany, and of Europe. The things I loved the most where summers, the forests, and the old castles we would visit.
...Aren't you the romantic.

Anyway, I think you're a nice addition to the forums already, SepX. =)
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Rimmie wrote:
Psycho said:
I would correct you... but you may actually be right.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I'm glad someone picked up on that one.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Aww come on...I'm sure Phyco's got plenty of sanity left in him. Though the ample distribution of friendship rings does lend weight to your argument :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Rimmie wrote:Heh, "...Nobody knew!! What kind of magic spell to use?" =p

Psycho said:
Hey, she is still cute
--
I have nothing but beautiful memories of Germany, and of Europe. The things I loved the most where summers, the forests, and the old castles we would visit.
...Aren't you the romantic.

Anyway, I think you're a nice addition to the forums already, SepX. =)
Snakes and snails... puppy dog tails... thunder or lightening... and baby said? XD XD XD

Yes, I am quite the romantic thank you very much. :)
Aww come on...I'm sure Phyco's got plenty of sanity left in him. Though the ample distribution of friendship rings does lend weight to your argument
Sanity? What the heck is that?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Snakes and snails... puppy dog tails... thunder or lightening... and baby said? XD XD XD

Yes, I am quite the romantic thank you very much. :)
I got the soundtrack not too long ago. Labyrinth really is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I prefer Chilly Down myself, and Underground. But Magic Dance is great, too.

Fun fact: they could never get Toby to babble on cue for that bit. So the lyric that goes "Slime and snails, or puppy dog tails, thunder or lightning, and baby said---" that's David Bowie himself imitating a baby's voice. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Alrighty, I'll admit when I first joined the forum, I wondered for a bit if Phyco was a misspelling of Psycho :o

SephirothX
Burg Farmer

Post by SephirothX »

Thanks Rimmie!

I see! A lot of movie experts in here. Too bad that I don´t know any of them Kizyr.

phyco: Pfungstadt, thats quite in the middle of germany isn´t it? I live in bavaria, which also has a unique landscape. By the way, Oktoberfest is near by ;-)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Blue_Sycro wrote:
Alrighty, I'll admit when I first joined the forum, I wondered for a bit if Phyco was a misspelling of Psycho :o
i never gave that any thought, but now i see it what is it saposed to mean i always figured it was psycho?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

There is also the soundtrack version of Magic dance, and my more favorite movie version. I had the ST from my cousin several years back, but it got lost somewhere.

Blue: It was originally a misspelling of psycho, but that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I just kept it every since. Phyco means algea by the way.

Seph: Oktoberfest? I always imagined that to be in october. I know ours already passed a few months ago.

Exigence: I still pronounce it psyco, even though it's pronounced psycho.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I lived within 30 miles of Cincinnati for 20 years of my life, and Oktoberfest is a fairly big thing there since there is a lot of German heritage. In Cincinnati, it's in September though.

I wonder if the real Oktoberfest has as much drinking as the one celebrated in Cininnati.

Oh by the way, I just looked Cincinnati up on Wikipedia, and it turns out that Cincy has the second largest Oktoberfest in the world. I never knew it was that big.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just curious, but being from Germany, did you get to go to any World Cup games? :D
-G1

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Hey there! I'm Kazie, from the Philippines. Hope you have fun here! Everyone's really nice. :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

SephirothX
Burg Farmer

Post by SephirothX »

Hi Kazie Solo! How´s the political situation in the philippines?
Is far as I know it´s some kind of problematic, isn´t it?

phyco: you´re right, it takes about 4 weeks.

Werefrog: I saw a report on TV about the Oktoberfest in Cincinnati, in my opinion there´s no difference. Excessive drinking, that´s what Oktoberfest is all about ;-)

GhaleonOne: Yeah, I got tickets for the Ivory Coast against Serbia-Montenegro match. Although this game was of no importance, the atmosphere was fantastic! After the game I went to a fan party in munich.
I´t was nice too meet so many people from different countries.

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

SephirothX wrote:Hi Kazie Solo! How´s the political situation in the philippines?
Is far as I know it´s some kind of problematic, isn´t it?
You couldn't be more right. Though our economy has been doing a little better with the dollar remittances from our overseas workers, the political situation is getting a lot worse, especially with the elections coming up (for some Senators and local government officials). And with the ASEAN Summit happening this week we fear bombings and terrorist attacks. *crosses fingers*

Gee, and that sounded so not like me. I'm usually more insane and random than that. Anyway, welcome again to the boards! And, in the Philippine context, I do believe there has been quite a Lunar following here, too. I'm not sure now, however, but I do know a couple of rabid fans other than myself. :lol:
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Seph DOES sorta remind me Jareth in a freaky sort of way. :shock:

Anyway, welcome to the boards! :D I'm glad you got the chance to play Lunar!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3